What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nealo 12

First Grade
The problem for me is the amount of turnover of players .
It's not conclusive to building harmony in a club because everyone is worried about getting the tap on the shoulder .
I understand the competition is results driven but some guys are team players who hold it all together and promote a positive vibe in the squad.
I think sauce is one such player but that's only from watching from the sideline.
Hope we get the balance right that's all .

mxlegend99

Referee
if TMM plays next week the questions might be answered.

If he's respected and loved by all then it will show. If he wronged a player in the team, should be able to tell.

soc123_au

Staff member
Gus would be well aware of the rumours. If it is all BS then its undeservedly damaging the kid's reputation. From everything I've seen publicly from TMM he seems like a genuine and decent person. Gus might just be trying to hose off some mud. As for letting him go, Gus has always made a point of letting depth move on if a better opportunity for them presents itself. So nothing new there. Cleary is obviously the long term choice in the 7 & now hopefully Moylan and Edwards are the 6 & 1. TMM is too talented to be on stand by n the reserves. I think the Brooks/Moses fiasco would make most teams a bit gun shy of 2 rookie halves if they have other options.

OldPanther

Coach
if TMM plays next week the questions might be answered.

If he's respected and loved by all then it will show. If he wronged a player in the team, should be able to tell.

I hope he plays to see the reaction. I also want to see him get some consistent game time.

age.s

First Grade
I don't want to see TMM play. He's a better choice than anyone but JT (Morgan is arguable) and we really need the 2 points.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't trust a thing that Gould says in the media. He's a politician through and through.
Yep. You don't release a player player of his talent and drop him the way we did without reason.

Form doesn't hold up when we have seen any number of worse players keep their spots. If TMM is happy to wait around in reserve grade it makes less sense.

The rumours might be wrong. But what we've been told isn't the truth either. it also makes no sense to get the deal done the game before we face the cowboys. He could really come back to haunt us.

It's behind a pay wall

Here you go

Te Maire Martin, Peta Hiku exit at Penrith will mean Dylan Edwards, Corey Harawira-Naera stay put

TE MAIRE Martin and Peta Hiku being moved on from Penrith before the June 30 deadline will allow the club to register new deals for young guns Corey Harawira-Naera and Dylan Edwards.

Martin is expected to depart as early as Saturday to link with North Queensland while Hiku is close to making a move to Super League club Warrington.

Both players had another year remaining on their deals but struggled to lock down starting spots.
Panthers boss Brian Fletcher confirmed Martin was switching to the Cowboys while Hiku was close to sealing an overseas move.

Hiku, a New Zealand international who inked a three-year deal after being cut loose by Manly while on tour with the Kiwis at the end of 2015, was understood to be one of the highest-paid players at Penrith.

Fletcher said not only would the double exit guarantee the Panthers would not be over the proposed $9.1 million salary cap for 2018, but it would also allow them to lock up Harawira-Naera and Edwards.
Harawira-Neara has a two-year deal waiting to be rubber-stamped by the NRL, while Penrith want to retain Edwards until at least the end of 2020.

“Te Maire and Peta were both signed with us until next year, but they have been able to get deals which are better for them,’’ Fletcher said.

“What it does for us is make it easier to start negotiations with a player like Dylan Edwards and try to extend him. He’s signed until the end of 2018, but we want him longer.
‘’We haven’t got any pressure at all as far as the salary cap is concerned — we haven’t got a problem in the world.’’

Edwards has won plenty of admirers at Penrith after aiming up in the No.1 jersey since skipper Matt Moylan’s recent shift to five-eighth.
Moylan’s successful switch spelt the end of Martin’s slim hopes of returning to first grade.

Hiku struggled to retain a spot in the outside backs this season on the comeback trail from an ACL injury.

Penrith have every other player on their roster signed beyond this season, with most of their local big guns, including Moylan and the injured Bryce Cartwright, on contracts until the end of 2021.
Dean Whare earlier this season inked a deal to remain a Panther until the end of 2022, while Trent Merrin did not hesitate to extend his own deal until the end of 2020.

The Panthers will return to training Monday after their bye weekend and look to make it five wins on the trot when they travel to Townsville where Martin may make his debut against his former club for the Origin-weary Cowboys.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/e0069e1659bffcabf1dc9a8f5ca71002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts