What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghippo

Juniors
A few years ago Oates was saying he wanted big money, wanted to try the second row. I actually think people a wary Melbourne making players look better than they are.

All we really need is someone that knows there way to the tryline.
I can’t think of the last player apart from Cronk who left Melbourne and went onto be a value signing.
They release them when they are on the decline, vunivalu is not held in great regard from Melbourne fans, to many errors and doesn’t look for work.
Many on their forums say they are happy to see him go, they would prefer it was Chambers leaving but don’t see it as a big loss.

I can’t think of the last player apart from Cronk who left Melbourne and went onto be a value signing.
They release them when they are on the decline, vunivalu is not held in great regard from Melbourne fans, to many errors and doesn’t look for work.
Many on their forums say they are happy to see him go, they would prefer it was Chambers leaving but don’t see it as a big loss.

Had a close look at his stats, his error rate is way down this season. He’s improved it by 35%. It’s much lower than Mansour and pretty much on par with To’o. Even Ado Carr is a fair but higher.

I don’t think we need a winger who goes looking for work, I think we need a finisher, someone with raw speed. Obviously if you could have both that’d be ideal, but what we lack is strike.

They understandably wouldn’t see it as a huge loss, they’ve got talent to burn down there, but for us I think him or someone like him would be very valuable on the wing.

Comparison of error rate

Vunivalu - 18 in 23 matches

Mansour - 31 in 19

Naden - 19 in 12

To’o - 12 in 18

Mansour scored one try all season, I don’t see how we can keep him on the wing when we’re struggling to score tries. One thing in his defence, Naden wouldn’t pass the friggin ball!

franklin2323

Immortal
Had a close look at his stats, his error rate is way down this season. He’s improved it by 35%. It’s much lower than Mansour and pretty much on par with To’o. Even Ado Carr is a fair but higher.

I don’t think we need a winger who goes looking for work, I think we need a finisher, someone with raw speed. Obviously if you could have both that’d be ideal, but what we lack is strike.

They understandably wouldn’t see it as a huge loss, they’ve got talent to burn down there, but for us I think him or someone like him would be very valuable on the wing.

The only question that matters for us... Is this player better then current one.. Yes is the answer here

mxlegend99

Referee
So long as by value you don't mean a bargain:

Israel Folau @ Broncos
Greg Inglis @ Souths.
Blake Green @ Sea Eagles and Warriors
James Maloney @ Warriors, Roosters and Sharks
Aidan Tolman @ Bulldogs

Cant really think of others at the monent. But its notimpossible for them to kick on. Although the list of flops is a hell of a lot longer

mxlegend99

Referee
The only question that matters for us... Is this player better then current one.. Yes is the answer here
While Vunivalu easily shits on Mansour... I really think Naden could be a good upgrade and our backline eould be better with a proper centre rather than a new winger .

I wouldnt be at all upset with a signing like Oates or Vunivalu. But centre is a bigger issue IMO.

While Vunivalu easily shits on Mansour... I really think Naden could be a good upgrade and our backline eould be better with a proper centre rather than a new winger .

I wouldnt be at all upset with a signing like Oates or Vunivalu. But centre is a bigger issue IMO.

Centre definitely needs to come first, which is why we couldn’t afford Oates.

Vunivalu we could possibly afford after we sign a centre & prop. Especially if we move on Whare.

OldPanther

Coach

Centre is definitely the priority. Crichton and a new buy would be good and shift Naden to wing.

betcats

Referee
So long as by value you don't mean a bargain:

Israel Folau @ Broncos
Greg Inglis @ Souths.
Blake Green @ Sea Eagles and Warriors
James Maloney @ Warriors, Roosters and Sharks
Aidan Tolman @ Bulldogs

Cant really think of others at the monent. But its notimpossible for them to kick on. Although the list of flops is a hell of a lot longer

Maloney probably was a bargain for the warriors tbh for what he produced anyway.

franklin2323

Immortal

Comparison of error rate

Mansour - 31 in 19

Naden - 19 in 12

To’o - 12 in 18

Mansour scored one try all season, I don’t see how we can keep him on the wing when we’re struggling to score tries. One thing in his defence, Naden wouldn’t pass the friggin ball!

Add Metres gained to that and Vunivalu is less value

betcats

Referee

Comparison of error rate

Mansour - 31 in 19

Naden - 19 in 12

To’o - 12 in 18

Mansour was consistently over-running his support plays whenever there was a chance, he did it to Waqa twice early in the year both times he would of strolled over but the pass went behind him. He got better as the season went on but still it was pretty poor.

If we are going to buy a winger I agree that try scoring and speed should be the main focus. But preferably we buy a centre and slide Naden to the wing.

martielang

Bench
Bloody hell I’d take anyone mentioned. I’d pay good money to get Vuni or Oates here. Gives us an aerial threat & another attacking threat in the 20 which we desperately need.

Naden isn’t in the same stratosphere as these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.