What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Riff

Bench
How do we feel about the push for the Warriors to sign Jack full time?
Personally, I think our generosity should be rewarded with a fit, more mature, first grade ready player, right when we need him the most. Is there any talk from Jack or Warriors that this could happen? I don't like it at all.

Zampaa

Juniors
How do we feel about the push for the Warriors to sign Jack full time?
Personally, I think our generosity should be rewarded with a fit, more mature, first grade ready player, right when we need him the most. Is there any talk from Jack or Warriors that this could happen? I don't like it at all.

Ive seen nothing but warriors fans saying they want him, which is irrelevant.

MugaB

Coach
SBW, Ellis etc are only signatures for this year. We aren't at the stage to be developing for next year
What doing with Tamou? Surely if he goes, Jack just slots back in
Papers have him going elsewhere to extend himself past what we are offering

kinghippo

Juniors
Not sure I understand these early releases? What is the benefit to us? Jed was leaving anyway and would have been paid 50-75% of this years contract already? Are we potentially sailing close to the wind with this years cap? Maybe some players have performances bonuses in there contract’s we have to pay them extra if we make the semi’s? I just don’t see a benefit but there must be a valid reason.
It may be so we can find a few extra dollars for a little boost to Crichton or some of the young ones that have debuted so well for us.
It may not be much but something like $10g could make a big difference to someone like leniu or Staines for example.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
And you don't gain experience, for those "kids" by withholding them in the big games. Clearly that is lost on you.

This is what you do when your season is a write off. We are coming first, we need our best team on the field as much as possible, this builds confidence in the squad and most importantly they improve their combinations.

A few guys might get rested here and there, but barring injury, we should be aiming to play our No.1 Team as much as possible.

Crashtest

Juniors
It may be so we can find a few extra dollars for a little boost to Crichton or some of the young ones that have debuted so well for us.
It may not be much but something like $10g could make a big difference to someone like leniu or Staines for example.

I think that is why as well. As one example, they will need to upgrade Staines from a development contract to a decent top 30 contract amount so other clubs don’t try and pinch him.

Jane Murray

Bench
This is what you do when your season is a write off. We are coming first, we need our best team on the field as much as possible, this builds confidence in the squad and most importantly they improve their combinations.

A few guys might get rested here and there, but barring injury, we should be aiming to play our No.1 Team as much as possible.

All I am saying is that the time is right to blood in rookies with experience players.
We are running 1st. The aim is to win the comp not give kids experience

I am fully aware of THAT fact. Obviously, you are missing what I am trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts