What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If May keeps playing well he’s not going to be cheap like we thought, though. He could probably be a starter for another side quite easily.

franklin2323

Immortal
The thing that annoys me about May is I doubt another player gets the support he did. He even had the Cleary’s turn up to his sentencing. Had it been a lower grader, or maybe someone who wasn’t friends with the Cleary’s he’d have been out on his ear. Reeks of nepotism by proxy.

That is how it is though. The better the player the least likely they are to go

franklin2323

Immortal
Well most employers don’t do criminal history checks and even if they do, most offences won’t preclude you from obtaining a “working with vulnerable persons card”. Unless you have a security clearance there is no obligation for anyone to tell their boss they are in trouble.

but besides all that, I was referring to the “Guilty of any offence” part. How many players have committed traffic offences? Been caught shop lifting when they were kids etc. That’s the bit I thought was a bit much.

I work in recruitment literally every role we get needs a police check and Working with children check.

No way a few players pass that

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah but still don't know what the cap is next year. So might of agreed to terms but the final figure might be dependant on where the cap sits
Haven't they balanced out what they are offering to players, from the funds of other players who they have already let go?

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah but they drive up his price. I’m sure May probably feels some sense of loyalty, but when you get another offer that’s significantly higher then most people are likely to at least ask for more.

That can be fixed by signing a shorter deal now an an upgrade when overpriced Whare and Mansour are off the books

If it was the connections than May's brother wouldn't of left the club.

Dude. I said *both* the things together played a role. May’s brother is rubbish, I don’t expect them to go into bat for someone like that. There’s a myriad of players between rubbish and excellent that would’ve been shown the door. We’ve done it before.

they are, but, using that as a reason is tricky.

If I’ve done 2 burglaries as annoying teenager (I didn’t) can you exclude me from a Government process?

Yeah fair point, you might not actually come out and say it’s the reason. Depends on the industry I suspect. For instance if you were working with children, you’d probably be told if a past conviction was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts