What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
DT reporting Tamou’s two year deal with the West’s Tigers to be confirmed in next 48 hours.

Once confirmed I would expect confirmation of some of our own re-signings in the near future.

Kilkenny

Coach
Probably happen the next day.[/QUOTE

Perhaps, the Jack Hetherington, contract situation is another factor in the equation. He has a deal for next season but again there are clearly clubs interested in him so I guess it all depends on whether there is any benefit in releasing him early and or whether we want or can keep him beyond 2021.

age.s

First Grade
AFB is a good player, but a little overrated which suggests we'd need to pay overs. Agree we don't need him and it could destabilise our cap.

kinghippo

Juniors
D/T reporting Fanua-Blake 24 Manly Prop wants out of Sydney. Suggested he tries Penrith could live in Blue Mountains well away from Sydney.
There will be a lot more to this story than we know yet.
You don’t just let one of the form players in the comp walk out with 2 years to go on their contract without a good reason.
He obviously won’t be missed for some reason, maybe personality or training issues or just grubbing for a bigger contract.
I don’t want any of it at the Panthers.

AFB would be in the 600-700k range, we couldn’t get anywhere near that.

Not a fan of paying props big money either. You can get good props in the 400-500k range, allowing you more money to spend on key spine players. Tamou we paid big money to, but at the time our spine players were inexpensive. With Cleary now or big money and Luai & Edwards flourishing those contracts are going to need significant upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts