What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripster

Juniors
Something we were blessed with this season (after a horror run for many years) was very few long term injuries, particular in key forwards.

We can't expect to have the same luck every season. Our starting side for next year looks good, but what if say JFH and Leota were injured at the same time? Our pack would be significantly weakened, and we don't have cover for two starting props.

I don't know who is on the market or what our options are, but signing a seasoned starting prop, even if they are in the back end of their career, I assume is something we must be pursuing?

franklin2323

Immortal
He is a super star that would cost a bomb.

Not a fringe first grader who adds value.

We sign staggs, say goodbye to Burto and quite a few of our off contract players.

Fact is we have probably 10 or so guys that will take up most of the cap. We can only make budget buys

franklin2323

Immortal
Something we were blessed with this season (after a horror run for many years) was very few long term injuries, particular in key forwards.

We can't expect to have the same luck every season. Our starting side for next year looks good, but what if say JFH and Leota were injured at the same time? Our pack would be significantly weakened, and we don't have cover for two starting props.

I don't know who is on the market or what our options are, but signing a seasoned starting prop, even if they are in the back end of their career, I assume is something we must be pursuing?

The silly season hasn't started yet. Like with Tetevano and Capewell someone will come up

James Roberts is probably the only talented centre we could get at a reasonable price, but there’s obvious risks attached.

I’d suggest Jack Bird but from what I read the broncos aren’t willing to pay more than 300k of his contract

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Staggs would be a risk even if we had the cap space. He wouldn't be cheap & he may lose some or all of what makes him good coming off an acl injury.

Bob

Juniors
You're the only one who said that? So what is the problem with him?
No problem with him but he's knocked back a lucrative contract with the broncs to test the open market and we are are having problems trying to resign 11 players most of them we want to keep, I'll let you do the math on that

Jane Murray

Bench
No problem with him but he's knocked back a lucrative contract with the broncs to test the open market and we are are having problems trying to resign 11 players most of them we want to keep, I'll let you do the math on that
There is more going on at the Broncs than just the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts