What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Have some good oil that the contract value is averaged out at over $1m per season, so you can put me down as disappointed in this deal. That’s way too much money for someone who isn’t particularly a good playmaker.

It will seriously restrict the clubs abillty to put the right type of 5/8 next to him.

Depends if it is on the cap for $1m is bad. If it is $1m including TPA's then it is fine

We already have him, Luai.

I agree that right now its too much, but if Nathan can improve and with the increasing cap it could turn into a very good deal for us, all depends on Nath.

But either way Luai is the man to partner him, next season if I had my way.

If Luai turns out to be as good as we hope, hell as good as we need, then he’s going to cost a lot of money too.

And I doubt Nathan will improve his playmaking much. Football vision is something you either have or you don’t, to me he lacks that X factor.

betcats

Referee
If Luai turns out to be as good as we hope, hell as good as we need, then he’s going to cost a lot of money too.

And I doubt Nathan will improve his playmaking much. Football vision is something you either have or you don’t, to me he lacks that X factor.

His kicking game can improve a lot, as well as his decision making. His running game, he can make improvements. Give him some proper options and he will look better. I think he lacks the x factor as well but that doesn’t mean he can’t get better.

We manage our cap well so I’m not worried about losing Luai as long as this is Jimmy’s last season here.

His kicking game can improve a lot, as well as his decision making. His running game, he can make improvements. Give him some proper options and he will look better. I think he lacks the x factor as well but that doesn’t mean he can’t get better.

We manage our cap well so I’m not worried about losing Luai as long as this is Jimmy’s last season here.

Of course he can improve at where he’s shown ability, but that won’t make him a superstar.

Where we *need* him to improve the most is vision/playmaking.

As you say though we could easily lose Luai if we can’t move Maloney on after 2019. Better hope Maloney doesn’t get any bad injuries. Luai is almost 22, he’s not going to stick around forever.

betcats

Referee
Of course he can improve at where he’s shown ability, but that won’t make him a superstar.

Where we *need* him to improve the most is vision/playmaking.

As you say though we could easily lose Luai if we can’t move Maloney on after 2019. Better hope Maloney doesn’t get any bad injuries. Luai is almost 22, he’s not going to stick around forever.

His vision and ball playing aren't going to improve. He can be superstar depending on how much those other areas improve. Its really hard to get a bead on him, we've only seen him play in Hooks boring and restrictive system, he looked caught in two minds all season until the second Canberra game. I think once he is playing in a system he likes and understands he will be a lot more confident and decisive footballer.

Earlier this year Bellamy was comparing him to Cam Smith and saying he is the best halfback prospect he has seen in a decade, I don't see that but he obviously has some things going for him for Bellamy to say that.

betcats

Referee
T Dubs trolling was always pathetic but now that he cant use Nathan leaving us as bait its really going to get sad.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I 'adore' how West Tigers turn like a snake when one of their players leave, or miss out on a signing. I've never seen the like before. Talk about 2 faced. These lot have 50 faces each. I'm sure some must spend time throughout the year having to seriously delete. Some of the love shown to Nathan when they believed :) he was going to sign with them. To now,

Comedy every day of the week. :)

Bob

Juniors
His vision and ball playing aren't going to improve. He can be superstar depending on how much those other areas improve. Its really hard to get a bead on him, we've only seen him play in Hooks boring and restrictive system, he looked caught in two minds all season until the second Canberra game. I think once he is playing in a system he likes and understands he will be a lot more confident and decisive footballer.

Earlier this year Bellamy was comparing him to Cam Smith and saying he is the best halfback prospect he has seen in a decade, I don't see that but he obviously has some things going for him for Bellamy to say that.
He played a lot more of what’s in front of him in the 20’s under Ciraldo
I think he’ll be a lot better next year without hooks 5 hit ups and bomb game plan
As Gus said he is only 20, Thurston at the same age was let go by the dogs in favour of Sherwin and Cooper Cronk was coming off the bench as a mr fixit for the storm

Flashstep

Juniors
He played a lot more of what’s in front of him in the 20’s under Ciraldo
I think he’ll be a lot better next year without hooks 5 hit ups and bomb game plan
As Gus said he is only 20, Thurston at the same age was let go by the dogs in favour of Sherwin and Cooper Cronk was coming off the bench as a mr fixit for the storm

Maloney wasn’t even playing first grade until he was 24, and Cleary already has defence and disclipline over him, who knows how good Cleary will be in 4 years under a competent first grade coach.

mxlegend99

Referee
I 'adore' how West Tigers turn like a snake when one of their players leave, or miss out on a signing. I've never seen the like before. Talk about 2 faced. These lot have 50 faces each. I'm sure some must spend time throughout the year having to seriously delete. Some of the love shown to Nathan when they believed :) he was going to sign with them. To now,

Comedy every day of the week. :)
Dont judge them all off the trackhead trolling in here. Most arent nearly as bad.

age.s

First Grade
The appearance of a bunch of you talking into the ether is still preferable than reading the dribble you're responding to.

This post only makes sense if you've done the sensible thing and put the Tiger knob on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts