What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
giphy.gif

Never in a million years.

mxlegend99

Referee
thanks Jimmy - pressure is on Nathan in 2020.

patience will pay off for Jarome, that number 6 jersey is his to lose
Why? He has spent half of his career with unproven halves partners.

2016: Carty was his halves partner
2017: TMM, Carty, Moylan and May all played a fair bit of 6 with him.

If anything Nathan will be the main half again and his game should improve as a result. Im excited to see what we can do in 2020. I think it depends on how we use that money from Jimmy.

OldPanther

Coach

If anything Nathan will be the main half again and his game should improve as a result. Im excited to see what we can do in 2020. I think it depends on how we use that money from Jimmy.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Luai seems capable of playing off the dominant half so shouldn't be an issue.

Koroisau free to sign with other clubs - I'd go after him for the right price, versatile and has a good running game. Experienced too.

Other guys who are off-contract at the end of the year I would consider:
- Kurt Capewell (Sharks): No-nonsense hard-working forward, again versatile.
- Andrew McCullough (Broncos): Siebold did say recently he wouldn't be letting him go though. I know he is getting older but is a tackling machine. Injuries a concern.
- Sean O'Sullivan (Broncos): Get him back to Penrith as halves cover. Isn't getting much of a look in at Roosters and could get him for pretty small money.

Another front-rower would be good but not many quality ones off-contract right now. Same for outside backs, I'd just persist internally with Crichton, Staines etc.

I'd be staying well away from McCullough. I think hes done

I'd think you are probably right. Just thinking of the balance in team, finding someone reliable in the number nine is important. Don't need anyone over the top flashy given we have enough of those kinds of players in the squad. Of course, Kenny or Egan could be this but it's hard to know yet.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Luai seems capable of playing off the dominant half so shouldn't be an issue.
I think it suits Cleary as he will be the experienced spine player and has played plenty of lower grade footy with Jarome.

Nathan found the role that best works for the team with Jimmy. He will do the same with Jarome. Might take a while. But they will get it right. Best thing about Cleary is he isn't bigheaded thinking he has to be the star. Its why Moses and Norman failed as a combination. 2 players wanting to be the stars. Neither being good team players. Nathan will do as much or as little as it takes to make a partnership with Jarome work.

franklin2323

Immortal

Still does rookie errors though. Cleary goes through periods of no creativity. I'd be going for someone like Sam Williams to replace Maloney and can handle FG when injuries hit.

more importantly we need to get some attack from other players than the halves going forward

OldPanther

Coach
I think it suits Cleary as he will be the experienced spine player and has played plenty of lower grade footy with Jarome.

Nathan found the role that best works for the team with Jimmy. He will do the same with Jarome. Might take a while. But they will get it right. Best thing about Cleary is he isn't bigheaded thinking he has to be the star. Its why Moses and Norman failed as a combination. 2 players wanting to be the stars. Neither being good team players. Nathan will do as much or as little as it takes to make a partnership with Jarome work.

I think that sums it up pretty well. Even better they've had this year as a focus on learning from Maloney, I suspect that's why Luai has been on the bench and not in reserve grade. Trading game time for an apprenticeship under Jimmy.

OldPanther

Coach
Still does rookie errors though. Cleary goes through periods of no creativity. I'd be going for someone like Sam Williams to replace Maloney and can handle FG when injuries hit.

more importantly we need to get some attack from other players than the halves going forward

I'm not entirely sure the club will buy anyone with Luai waiting for his go and all these young guys developing so fast and the newer guys seem ready to transfer to NRL level more than previous generations.

Sime_11

Juniors

I want to see Nathan dominant but if results are going as planned, blame (media) will be headed straight for Nathan.

Coast panther

Juniors
Api would be handy, then Kenny and may can fight it out for 14# if we don't sign peach I can see may getting a bench spot with Kenny anyways if he has a dig
Also would take a bit of pressure of the halves with some experience at Hooker

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not entirely sure the club will buy anyone with Luai waiting for his go and all these young guys developing so fast and the newer guys seem ready to transfer to NRL level more than previous generations.

More so then TMM was? Plenty of quality players can't handle a full year of FG. So depth will be needed I have no doubt Luai will start 5/8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts