What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Salmon was a great player coming through, what happened? Not up to NRL?

He seemed like one of those guys who wasn't good enough for halves and not quite a centre. His defense is great. Maybe lacks the attack skills for a half.
One of those what is his position guys. If can find it then I reckon he is NRL quality

Kilkenny

Coach
He seemed like one of those guys who wasn't good enough for halves and not quite a centre. His defense is great. Maybe lacks the attack skills for a half.
One of those what is his position guys. If can find it then I reckon he is NRL quality
Jaemon Salmon or Brayden Burns I’m really not sure either is a viable option for us. Both have had injury issues and both have not quite proven they are NRL standard. I would be looking elsewhere.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jaemon Salmon or Brayden Burns I’m really not sure either is a viable option for us. Both have had injury issues and both have not quite proven they are NRL standard. I would be looking elsewhere.

Salmon was rarely injured at eels. But this season didn't get a look in. They chose W.Smith and Jai Field first. That would be my concern.

Kilkenny

Coach
Salmon was rarely injured at eels. But this season didn't get a look in. They chose W.Smith and Jai Field first. That would be my concern.

I’m sure we are looking elsewhere anyway so any conversation around Salmon is pointless. He is not someone we would be interested in.

Jane Murray

Bench
Is Jaemon Salmon really being looked at, or is that just a rumour?

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't know what some people expect. All we are chasing is depth guys

Agreed, but Salmon is not a serious option and Burns has played 30 or so NRL games in four seasons without ever really proving he is quite up to it. Yes we need a few depth signings but Burns would want ,more than minimum wage and given his injuries and other issues I’m sure we could do better for less money.

Kilkenny

Coach
hopefully we are working on Cini

I agree at the very least he hasn’t debuted at NRL level so we could potentially pick him up for around the minimum wage which given we are strapped for cap space is someone worth looking at.

The primary factor around us not releasing Burton and Laurie early is we simply cant afford too. The money they are on is less than what we would have to pay players to bring in to replace them. They have signed elsewhere for 2022 fair play to them but they can suck it up and be back ups for 2022.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree at the very least he hasn’t debuted at NRL level so we could potentially pick him up for around the minimum wage which given we are strapped for cap space is someone worth looking at.

The primary factor around us not releasing Burton and Laurie early is we simply cant afford too. The money they are on is less than what we would have to pay players to bring in to replace them. They have signed elsewhere for 2022 fair play to them but they can suck it up and be back ups for 2022.

I think you mean back ups for 2021.....I totally agree. Unless W/T take Mansour and then we can get Cini. But Burton is worth too much to us (even if he's only in opposed sessions LOL)

maple_69

Bench
Isn’t the 2021 Cini/Laurie trade currently hinging on the Tigers taking Sauce also? I dunno what the Tigers cap situation is but they could use both guys.

1. Mbye 2. Momirovski 3. Roberts 4. BJ Leilua 5. Nofoaluma
OR
1. Laurie 2. Mansour 3. Roberts 4. BJ/Mbye/Momirovski 5. Nofoaluma

The latter looks like it could be a pretty bloody good backline.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think you mean back ups for 2021.....I totally agree. Unless W/T take Mansour and then we can get Cini. But Burton is worth too much to us (even if he's only in opposed sessions LOL)

I have been told given our roster situation we really have no choice but to hang onto both. Not ideal but we simply dont have the funds to replace them. Mansour and Tetevano potentially leaving as well sounds good in theory but again they have to be replaced. We have to contract 28-30 players and as it currrently stands we are short a few even if we include Mansour, Tetevano. Burton and Laurie so it is really difficult at the moment.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isn’t the 2021 Cini/Laurie trade currently hinging on the Tigers taking Sauce also? I dunno what the Tigers cap situation is but they could use both guys.

OR

Good post and you make perfect sense. All of the above benefits the West’s Tigers and while Josh leaving frees up $400K we still have fo find adequate replacements.

Sadly i do think a deal will be done for Mansour to go to the Tigers but at the same time who are we going to recruit as a replacement. I say that knowing his money may be spent elsewhere not just an outside back.

I’m just not sure replacing Josh Mansour is as simple as some may think. His overall value to the team and club has seem,s to be much undervalued.

I truly believe we will miss what Josh Mansour delivers in 2021. I hope I’m wrong because obviously he wont be here his contributions in 2020 we’re definitely undervalued in my opinion.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach

OR

No adam duahei?

franklin2323

Immortal

OR

Now Tetevano is going with have wiggle room.

I think Dogs will be where he goes. A few ex team mates there. He has been training privately with Cotric

Status
Not open for further replies.