What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked

Juniors
if you want Laurie we are going to bend you over. Pascoe the whinging bitch can pay up.

Gold betcats gold.

76380505.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Mansour may be on $400k but he is effectively a reserve grader now. We can get a few decent depth guys with that and the $350k Tetevano was on

I feel either way your paying up something. Atleast 100k.
But look at my club. We have Fergo on 500k who is shot. And nobody wants. Atleast Josh has offers. 100k is fine.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Your cap is kind of full and so is your top 17 bar maybe Nadens spot and a bench spot. So your choices to fill the final spots are these as need to be cheap and close to min wage.

A- Journeymen who are experienced.
B- Promote a junior in system
C - A young player cut from another club with potential
D- A guy with talent who has had injury concerns or mental ones
E- A guy with talent who has had troubles with the LAW.

So these are your options. You can grab a few journeymen who are the safest bet. They can fill in when needed and can be relied on. And can be kept for a few years without effecting the cap.
Promoting a junior is fine if they are ready and seen as future first graders.
The other options are the riskiest but have the highest reward. And are short term options cause if they do pay off then they'll want the upgrade.

I think all options are fine when your a strong club. You can afford to take riskier options also. None are going to hurt your cap for the season.
So guys like Burns and Salmon would be fun options imo. Neither costs a lot. Both could break out and be exceptional.

this is along the lines with how I was thinking.

to be honest, we don’t really need anyone of note, where would they play? Our team will be better next year than they were this year and we damn near won the comp.

People say our cap is screwed, I say it’s being managed perfectly well.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m referring to keeping a development player to develop for a year before he leaves. I really don’t care if he comes for 2021 or not. Ivan is stopping a development player (who is leaving next year) from an opportunity to play 1st grade elsewhere, plus the money that goes with that. Why tie Mansour to the swap with Cini? We aren’t talking about Burton who is in your 30 and next in line in the halves.

I'm sure Parra did the same with Stefano.
The issue is club negotiates this way :
Sign with us and they will release you from your development contract and we will pay you top 17 money. In this case Parra decided to make a stand so other juniors know they aren't releasing them early after spending years developing them. I agree with how the Eels handled the situation.

If I was Penrith I also would do the same just so players understand they won't be released early.

hindy111

Post Whore

to be honest, we don’t really need anyone of note, where would they play? Our team will be better next year than they were this year and we damn near won the comp.

Yes. Id look at a a mix of all options and take the ones that feel right atthe time.. How its filled is irrelevant imo.

betcats

Referee

I think we have the best spine and close to the best if not the best forward pack. The problem we have is we are trying to balance a squad full of current rep players and young guys who look like being future stars. Its hard to do but its really a good problem to have.

chrisD

Coach
We should not let Tetevano go. Tamou to Leniu is sidewards, Tetevano to Eisenhuth is backwards. We are a chance to win the comp, why would we do anything we don't have to that would weaken next season's team?

betcats

Referee
We should not let Tetevano go. Tamou to Leniu is sidewards, Tetevano to Eisenhuth is backwards. We are a chance to win the comp, why would we do anything we don't have to that would weaken next season's team?

They aren't going to release him unless they have to is the way it has been explained by those with some inside knowledge. It sounds like releasing Tetevano is the cost of not losing anyone else.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think we have the best spine and close to the best if not the best forward pack. The problem we have is we are trying to balance a squad full of current rep players and young guys who look like being future stars. Its hard to do but its really a good problem to have.

I think Melbourne have us covered in the spine department, but we are very strong across the park.

MugaB

Coach
I’m referring to keeping a development player to develop for a year before he leaves. I really don’t care if he comes for 2021 or not. Ivan is stopping a development player (who is leaving next year) from an opportunity to play 1st grade elsewhere, plus the money that goes with that. Why tie Mansour to the swap with Cini? We aren’t talking about Burton who is in your 30 and next in line in the halves.
I guarantee if tigers get their hands on laurie early, it'll because we can't fit him in the cap,... if the rumours of a Lauire +mansour deal is true, then Pascoe wil be the biggest idiot ever if they take both, if a rookie is sitting in reserve grade instead of 1st grade elsewhere, its because he can't make the 1st grade side where he is, you've contracted him from 2022, and we value our depth players especially if they are on cheap contracts, it means we can upgrade the top end who are in the first grade 17, taking Laurie early doesn't serve us at all, why lose a spot for us to find someone else to fill it that might cost us more, why on earth would we want to help the WoEST TIGERS, all they do is whinge about how bad Ivan left them, when they kicked him out to save face

videotogif_2020.11.20_13.56.15.gif
Your namesake is befitting

Last edited:
I guarantee if tigers get their hands on laurie early, it'll because we can't fit him in the cap,... if the rumours of a Lauire +mansour deal is true, then Pascoe wil be the biggest idiot ever if they take both, if a rookie is sitting in reserve grade instead of 1st grade elsewhere, its because he can't make the 1st grade side where he is, you've contracted him from 2022, and we value our depth players especially if they are on cheap contracts, it means we can upgrade the top end who are in the first grade 17, taking Laurie early doesn't serve us at all, why lose a spot for us to find someone else to fill it that might cost us more, why on earth would we want to help the WoEST TIGERS, all they do is whinge about how bad Ivan left them, when they kicked him out to save face

We don’t need to fit Laurie in our cap. He’s on a development contract, we could simply keep him there if we want, use him after June 30.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Our cap is sensational, we yet again, have plenty of money with absolutely no one to buy! Mansour is an option, but he wants 3 years and the club is only willing for 2. The big question is why would you tie Mansour to a Laurie/Cini trade? Ivan has reached a new low. Why punish Laurie and Mansour because the club has salary cap issues. Remember, it’s neither players fault! Also, if Mansour comes next year it will be expected Penrith covers close to half of the 2021 bill! Oh, and if Nofo doesn’t sign for 2022 then that makes Mansour a better option.

I think because it's suits the club's purpose.

Mansour on decent coin, clearning that for a young bloke who isn't going to whine about playing reggies will do that for you. (even if we have to chip in say 25%)

Trust me Laurie will only be released if it benefits our club. The carryon by dogs and W/T fans is purely white noise.

The club is beginning to show that it's getting a 'hardnose' which is good.

MugaB

Coach
We don’t need to fit Laurie in our cap. He’s on a development contract, we could simply keep him there if we want, use him after June 30.
Thats right i forgot development contract, even better!!, maybe if another club decided to take mansour off our hands, they could have laurie for the rest of the year, you know like a harry grant type swap or just for free, why not, till he can jet off to the tigers the year after

Jane Murray

Bench
I think because it's suits the club's purpose.

Mansour on decent coin, clearning that for a young bloke who isn't going to whine about playing reggies will do that for you. (even if we have to chip in say 25%)

Trust me Laurie will only be released if it benefits our club. The carryon by dogs and W/T fans is purely white noise.

The club is beginning to show that it's getting a 'hardnose' which is good.
It is great to see the Panthers turn the tables on the Tigers. Pascoe was saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts