What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
It is great to see the Panthers turn the tables on the Tigers. Pascoe was saying the same thing.
Pascoes the reason, we were in so much shit, back in the day, he is also the main reason tigers are mismanaged and a basketcase in the office, mind you since lee and madge came in, its been a bit better, but all those dumb tigers fans who believe in pascoe and benny shooting their mouths off evertime something doesnt go their way, Ivan wouldn't have left the tigers and probably would have finished his contract had those two morons not kicked up a stink about it being "untenable" in the media no less,
Players and coaches move clubs all the time, without leaving a mess behind, they all cried poor coz he was leaving them in 2022

The reason they cried poor, was the coach was never going to bring his son to the tigers, like they all assumed he would, mate the rumour mill was going crazy over a possible nathan signing

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Pascoes the reason, we were in so much shit, back in the day, he is also the main reason tigers are mismanaged and a basketcase in the office, mind you since lee and madge came in, its been a bit better, but all those dumb tigers fans who believe in pascoe and benny shooting their mouths off evertime something doesnt go their way, Ivan wouldn't have left the tigers and probably would have finished his contract had those two morons not kicked up a stink about it being "untenable" in the media no less,
Players and coaches move clubs all the time, without leaving a mess behind, they all cried poor coz he was leaving them in 2022

The reason they cried poor, was the coach was never going to bring his son to the tigers, like they all assumed he would, mate the rumour mill was going crazy over a possible nathan signing
Why was Pascoe the reason the Panthers were in a mess? I thought Gus Gould did the recruiting, and signing off on players contracts?

betcats

Referee

Yep. No reason to make it easy on any club to pinch our juniors but in particular the f**king tigers, since the Ivan signing they have stuck the boot in every chance they get and they are making a habit of throwing some money at our young guys. We wont get a player as good as Laurie for the price of a development contract. One or two injuries and he could finish the year as our starting full back.

The idea that keeping here for the year is punishing him is bullshit. He probably only got a big offer from the tigers because we gave him a chance to impress in 2020, we got him to a point where he was able to attract bigger offers there is nothing wrong with expecting him to see out his current contract.

murraymob

Coach
I’m referring to keeping a development player to develop for a year before he leaves. I really don’t care if he comes for 2021 or not. Ivan is stopping a development player (who is leaving next year) from an opportunity to play 1st grade elsewhere, plus the money that goes with that. Why tie Mansour to the swap with Cini? We aren’t talking about Burton who is in your 30 and next in line in the halves.
I think to me a real problem is our nrl contract system that allows players to sign with other clubs more than a season ahead while still having a season to go
I understand mid season signings .it needs fixing or Laurie burton any player will continue to change clubs well ahead

I'm sure Parra did the same with Stefano.
The issue is club negotiates this way :
Sign with us and they will release you from your development contract and we will pay you top 17 money. In this case Parra decided to make a stand so other juniors know they aren't releasing them early after spending years developing them. I agree with how the Eels handled the situation.

If I was Penrith I also would do the same just so players understand they won't be released early.[/QUOTE
Stefano was all class. Signed with us while he was on a development contract with Parra. So they didn’t look like complete pricks they eventually upgraded him into their top 30. He even got to play a little first grade from the bench. The fact these young guys accept the contracts they have signed is awesome. Only when you become a Tiger you throw all your toys out if the cot and the club releases you on the spot (a la Moses, Matterson, Aloiai etc).

I guarantee if tigers get their hands on laurie early, it'll because we can't fit him in the cap,... if the rumours of a Lauire +mansour deal is true, then Pascoe wil be the biggest idiot ever if they take both, if a rookie is sitting in reserve grade instead of 1st grade elsewhere, its because he can't make the 1st grade side where he is, you've contracted him from 2022, and we value our depth players especially if they are on cheap contracts, it means we can upgrade the top end who are in the first grade 17, taking Laurie early doesn't serve us at all, why lose a spot for us to find someone else to fill it that might cost us more, why on earth would we want to help the WoEST TIGERS, all they do is whinge about how bad Ivan left them, when they kicked him out to save face

View attachment 44691
Your namesake is befitting
We kicked him out to save face? You guys paid us to release him early from his contract.

Thats right i forgot development contract, even better!!, maybe if another club decided to take mansour off our hands, they could have laurie for the rest of the year, you know like a harry grant type swap or just for free, why not, till he can jet off to the tigers the year after
When you do a swap the player you are paying to go elsewhere must be contracted to you for the following year apparently.

MugaB

Coach
Why don’t you keep him for one more year? Is that really going to kill you?
Who mansauce? Or Laurie
Why do you care so much whether we keep him or not
Btw no coincidence that the club is making finals consistently since pascoe has gone, except for that 1st year ivan came across, barr that, seems like wests wont get there, if they keep spending cap money on gamebreakers like J.roberts and BJ leliu only for them to get sinbinned in key moments

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Lol. Dam. I read a report that he is the best trainer so far at the club. It got me a little excited. But sounds like its normal.

You have every reason to be excited, if he gets his head right and sorts his defence out, he’ll be a very good buy. Hopefully he’s capable of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.