What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
Ohh the irony, what about Ivan, had 2 years left on his contract when he took off with our cap completely stuffed to join Penrith
Your cap was stuffed WAAAAYYYY before Ivan got there, atleast he got Benji and Farah back there, and got you guys winning games, besides you had gone into the players market to buy guys that you all (the tigers board) agreed to take on, (Pascoe, Go)
Which were Mbye, Reynolds, McQueen etc, Ivan just got in Packer and Matalino in before hand when he started coz you needed hard nosed front rowers, and you guys had no issues when you were beating the top sides earlier in the year, Luke Brooks even got DallyM halfback off the year.
I don't blame the Tigers for losing out on thier "big4" in hindsight Tedesco would be the only player worth keeping, but thats player managers, being the scum they are. and i'm sure if Teddy stayed he'd have been super successful still, and possibly be your Captain.
But you cannot blame anyone for leaving after the decade of instability the head office, and coaching carousel that went through since sheens got punted.

No coincidence that this all was ivans fault when you guys couldn't lure his son nathan to the tigers thats when all the finger pointing, tantrums and shady deals became the "theme" to Ivan leaving, he still had a few years to continue coaching the tigers, it was only untenable coz you'd all assume that the coach would take off some where else with your best players... who were? Well no one

plus the whole pascoe chest beating, and benny elias publicly calling out the "untenable" garbage, thats when i knew it was utter BS, and now every year you've got players kicking stones to break contracts and the same old line of "we don't wanna be a stepping stone" well Matterson and Aloiai ain't mowing leichardts lawns are they

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
So Laurie doesn't want out, I highly doubt that, he might not be as disloyal as Ivan, but I bet London to a brick he wants out now, now not in 12 months

Prove it. If he really wanted out why isn’t he doing a Josh Aloai?? Lol.

At the end of the day the club will do what is best for us. We aren’t going to release him to a shit club that can’t develop their own talent just cause they ask, you will probably screw him up the way you have brooks. Laurie will very likely develop more spending another year here then he will getting thrown in the deep end by a desperate club. We got him to this point, he can finish his contract there’s nothing wrong that at all. Unless he tries to f**k us over like Josh aloai did to you there’s no reason for us to come down at a from our asking price, so once again your shithouse management can pay up.

Laurie isn’t desperate to leave we aren’t the tigers. He left because he’s third string here and at west’s he is a walk up start besides that he’s happy here.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I honestly don't think we'll chip in for Sauce if he does go - Surely we've learnt our lesson there...
We're chipping in for Hetherington despite not having signed up our other front rowers him showing form at Warriors where clubs were lining up for a crack at him.

Bulldogs had a shitload of cap space free. We're somehow contributing to him allowing them money to throw ridiculous overs at the likes of Burton and Leniu. I could totally see us contributing to Josh aswell.

Honestly aside from RCG we should've been able to get out of paying any of those guys a cent. That's by far the dumbest contract we've thrown at anyone.

Although you look at what front rowers are currently being offered and it sadly seems on par for his stature in the game at the time. It just backfired as his form went to shit.

betcats

Referee
We're chipping in for Hetherington despite not having signed up our other front rowers him showing form at Warriors where clubs were lining up for a crack at him.

Bulldogs had a shitload of cap space free. We're somehow contributing to him allowing them money to throw ridiculous overs at the likes of Burton and Leniu. I could totally see us contributing to Josh aswell.

Honestly aside from RCG we should've been able to get out of paying any of those guys a cent. That's by far the dumbest contract we've thrown at anyone.

Although you look at what front rowers are currently being offered and it sadly seems on par for his stature in the game at the time. It just backfired as his form went to shit.

How do you know we are chipping in for Jack?

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
So rediculous, even for you! It’s at least one year into their contract before they decide they don’t want to play for us. If you were offered 3 times your salary to change jobs, even to one where you hated the company, you wouldn’t go?

Not every kid takes the money. We have had Staines and Leniu turn down bigger offers now. The kids who left are the ones who dont have much chance getting into the 17 in their preferred position.

For all we know Laurie and Burton are both happy to bide their time and finish their contracts as part of a strong squad that should be in contention in 2021 knowing they have a starting spot and large payday waiting for them in 2022. Unless either of them start kicking up a stink(which just isnt going to happen imo) there is no reason for us to accept any offer to release them that doesnt at the very least improve our depth if not our overall strength in the playing squad. Spending an extra year at Penrith could easily turn out to be the best thing for them long term.

murraymob

First Grade
Look Laurie wants out he wants to stay .It does not matter we are not in the business to be nice and help any other side
Simple fact he is under contract and highly talented and by all reports are real good guy.
We are in a premiership window so he stays unless it suits us for him to go.right now he stays

Mansour leaving, without us paying his freight, will free up his whole wage as the long service exemption will just go to another player.

My initial post was predicted on the idea we didn’t have another player who qualifies, but I forgot about Whare. So you’re right.

betcats

Referee
Try to tell Dogs fans that. At the very least it will teach them that a contract is a contract.

Yeah they just think he will go there and kill it straight away but I think Burton has the best argument for staying here another year, he is more likely to get game time for one thing and the dogs squad still looks pretty average for 2021. His development could easily be stalled or ruined completely going there and playing behind a weak pack, its hard to deliver as a half if your forwards are beaten most weeks. Any player who loses confidence will lose form but for a young half with big expectations it can completely derail them.

The_Frog

First Grade
So rediculous, even for you! It’s at least one year into their contract before they decide they don’t want to play for us. If you were offered 3 times your salary to change jobs, even to one where you hated the company, you wouldn’t go?
People who are on big money and who don't want to be there, have got the club over a barrel. You are pissing many hundreds of thousands against the wall. In the case of a coach, like Cleary, he could completely derail the season if he is forced to stay when he doesn't want to. In any case Cleary paid a settlement to the Tigers that they were apparently happy with, even if their fans weren't. In the case of Burton and Laurie, they are on chickenfeed so even if they decide to play like bums, they aren't costing much. If they start causing problems in the group you send them to St Marys to play Ron Massey Cup. So there is really no reason to release them. Clubs who want them a year early have to make it worth our while.

maple_69

Bench
I think it’s also interesting to note that we released Blore, an extremely talented junior, early to the Tigers when we had no plans for him in the big team for the next little while. Obviously Laurie and Burton we do have plans for a role, it’s not just spite.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed, but Salmon is not a serious option and Burns has played 30 or so NRL games in four seasons without ever really proving he is quite up to it. Yes we need a few depth signings but Burns would want ,more than minimum wage and given his injuries and other issues I’m sure we could do better for less money.

You were saying....

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont remember anything of Salmon recently. But he was rated pretty highly and showed a bit of talent early on didn't he?

Although if he was behind Will Smith I wouldn't expect much from him

betcats

Referee
Ohh the irony, what about Ivan, had 2 years left on his contract when he took off with our cap completely stuffed to join Penrith

The irony of a club like yours blaming Ivan for their cap mess is hilarious. Didnt you muppets just spend a bunch of money bringing in Douehi to play fullback? Given up on him after one season and now you've thrown money at Laurie who has 1 full NRL game under his belt and 10 minutes off the bench besides that. You have signed the two most idiotic NRL centres ever. Going into 2021 with a lot of doubt over the halves, a hooker who is not established at all and you are sweating on Penrith to release one of our development players to provide you with a fullback, which would mean three quaters of your spine are young kids starting their NRL careers and the experienced guy is brooks, what a f**king joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts