What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Yeah as if I'd have a personal opinion... Geez the nerve of me ha ha

I've said it's just personal opinion - And saying you'd shed all our juniors bar carty is as silly to me as me saying I don't want Hayne is to you

You get one guy doesnt win GF's right? Hayne was Parra's only good player and look how that turned out - But sure, let's shed all our junior talent for 1 player...

Oh, and I get it's all hypothetical as he'll go to Parra if he does come back :)

He almost won them a grand final. I'd trust Gould not to cripple the club capwise just to sign him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He almost won them a grand final. I'd trust Gould not to cripple the club capwise just to sign him.
And against a team over 1m dollars over the cap with a spine of

6 - Mortimer
7 - Robson
9 - M Keating

Find me a worse spine in the cap era to play in a GF???

It wasn't his fault he was continually surrounded and coached by plodders.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah he carried some awful NSW and Eels sides to wins with little help at all. Put him in a competent team and he would surely lead them to a grand final win.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Hayne would be the biggest signing in the clubs history IMO. He is like signing a Thurston, Cam Smith or an Inglis.

You would make room to fit him in, he has at least 6 years left in him.

Wont happen however..

BxTom

Bench
Although this whole Hayne thing is fantasy. I will say this. Yes, Hayne is a good player. So if we sign him, which 3 or 4 top players do we ditch? DWZ, Moylan, Mansour and Peachey? Is he that good that he alone is better than 3 or all four of those players?

Think about it.

Tom.

franklin2323

Immortal
You guys wanting Hayne are forgetting we'd lose 3-4 players to get him. No thanks DWZ offers better value as it keeps Bryce, R.Jennings etc here aswell.

If he was a halfback you would take take it not a position we have covered.

mxlegend99

Referee
Although this whole Hayne thing is fantasy. I will say this. Yes, Hayne is a good player. So if we sign him, which 3 or 4 top players do we ditch? DWZ, Moylan, Mansour and Peachey? Is he that good that he alone is better than 3 or all four of those players?

Think about it.

Tom.
Why would we have to ditch 3 or 4 top players? We just let go of a guy on big money who is yet to be replaced.

We just need to have a bigger offer under the cap than other teams. Plus a good sales pitch. Any side could easily get him massive money outside the cap. He would easily be the biggest name in the NRL. Doesn't need a glamour club for that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not many down sides here.

You don't think winning the comp would get sponsors/members? I think our current squad is good enough to win it next season.

Tell me who do you get rid of to get the $1m needed for him? I would also love to have RTS, Johnson in our team sadly we can't afford them all.

This backline is good enough to win the comp: Moylan, Mansour, Whare, DWZ, Jennings, TMM. Soward

you'd lose atleast 2 so you are infact weakening the team.

Randy81

Juniors
Why would we have to ditch 3 or 4 top players? We just let go of a guy on big money who is yet to be replaced.

We just need to have a bigger offer under the cap than other teams. Plus a good sales pitch. Any side could easily get him massive money outside the cap. He would easily be the biggest name in the NRL. Doesn't need a glamour club for that.

+1
Already lost jamal on big money. Hayne under the cap doesn't have to be crazy money as he will always have the outside endorsements. I am pretty sure he was on 600k cap at parra but over 1million with 3rd parties

Of course it won't happen (in fact i think he will make it back in the nfl first teams). But would be pretty awesome if it did. Just imagine the parra fans reaction.........

Copperhead

Juniors
McQueen to us? 2 year deal?

Is that just a question, or have you heard something? I know the Titans screwed up their negotiations, but I don't really want to see him here. We already have Grevs for the following season and another second rower just stands in the way of JFH and Smith coming through.

Black Magik

Juniors
Is that just a question, or have you heard something? I know the Titans screwed up their negotiations, but I don't really want to see him here. We already have Grevs for the following season and another second rower just stands in the way of JFH and Smith coming through.
Brisbane radio says he will join the Panthers after the Titans only offered him $100k ontop of the $100k Souths have to provide.

To me, he is the kind of back rower we need.

Black Magik

Juniors
Replacing who? How do you see our back row?

He is an ideal Penrith backrower.... play him in the centres. :D

Honestly, I see him as our utility along with Peachey and two props on the interchange.

8. RCG
9. Segs
10. McKendry
11. Merrin
12. Cartwright
13. Taylor

14. Peachey
15. McQueen
16. Matagi
17. Latu

mxlegend99

Referee
No thanks to McQueen. Don't mind him but he wouldn't improve our top 17 and would be pretty expensive for a reserve grader.

I would toss him in with Yeo, Sopoaga, Garcia etc. At a much higher cost. He was a gun player a couple years back. But i rate them to improve before McQueen.

Unless he lands us Grevsmuhl earlier. Only way our top 17 improves for mine.

maple_69

Bench
I think if we got Hayne we'd have to move Soward on and possibly Wallace. Throw in Idris money and we'd have 1.4 or so. Of course then we'd struggle to resign everyone for 2017. I'd say we'd lose Mansour for sure.

Best case we'd be the below. Pretty filthy side but our depth would probably be strained.
1. Hayne 2. DWZ 3. Whare 4. Rennings 5. Gennings 6. Moylan 7. Martin 8. RCG 9. Segeyaro 10. Mckendry 11. Cartwright 12. Taylor 13. Merrin 14. Peachey 15. Grevsmuhl 16. Kikau 17. Latu

I think our side is good and the weak points we have, there are guys coming through who look quality. Grevsmuhl could be a good pick up but I'd rather hold some space in our salary cap to see how our young halves go and be in good position to pounce on a top half and move Soward on if necessary.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Mansour will be moving on regardless. Soward won't get another contract and Wallace would be lucky to finish his current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts