What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
As it mentions in the video he was QLD Cup player of the year last year so he can play against men. Some Canberra mates told me hes been doing it all year and has just got attention because this game was broadcast. Would be a perfect pick up but with Canberras well documented difficulties attracting talent theyd be mad not to lock him up.

BxTom

Bench
And if he keeps leading with fore arms and shoulder charges, he will spend more weeks off the field than on it. Might get away with it in lower grades, but he would quickly become a marked man with the refs.

Tom.

Randy81

Juniors
I watched that game on the weekend. Made for good viewing with those powerful runs.
that poor ranger from manly just kept trying lol

kiwipete

Juniors
He looks like a serious injury waiting to happen.

He would soon stop running like that after a couple of Plum shots on him! Great to see his energy and guts but plays with very little concerns for his self preservation, don't think he'll be around too long if he can't develop at least a body swerve if not a side step!

mxlegend99

Referee
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sy...e-ferguson-set-to-resign-20150408-1mgt6j.html

According to this article Pantgers and Eels are chasing Daniel Tupou.

If true, why the hell would we want him?
Matt Moylan
Josh Mansour
Dean Whare
Waqa Blake
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
George Jennings
Robert Jennings

Our backline is fine, and I wouldn't consider him an upgrade anyway. On current form he's better than Mansour, but in the Four Nations last year Tupou was dropped while Mansour kept his position.

Copperhead

Juniors
He'll go to parra not us don't worry about that. Should spend our money on front rowers or back up halves[/QUOTE]

I think you could make a pretty strong argument we could use another top class half.

I hope we miss out on Tupou, the last thing we need to be shoring up is outside backs.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sy...e-ferguson-set-to-resign-20150408-1mgt6j.html

According to this article Pantgers and Eels are chasing Daniel Tupou.

If true, why the hell would we want him?
Matt Moylan
Josh Mansour
Dean Whare
Waqa Blake
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
George Jennings
Robert Jennings

Our backline is fine, and I wouldn't consider him an upgrade anyway. On current form he's better than Mansour, but in the Four Nations last year Tupou was dropped while Mansour kept his position.

Exactly. We need a half, ideally to replace Wallace next year, but definitely for 2017. I don't think we have anyone in the club who will be up to the job (Moylan doesn't strike me as having the all round skill set, especially kicking, to be a success there) so we need to save up to buy one.

maple_69

Bench
So with Sezer just signing a 3 year deal with Canberra, they now have an excess of halves. Given Rickys stunning record with halves I can see Cornish getting the hell out of there. I imagine Manly would be circling but I hope Gus has a go. He is definitely not there yet but has huge potential and I think could meet it under Ivan and playing in a team like ours along an experienced and dominant half like Soward in 2016/17. Long term a Moylan/Cornish pairing could be good and would save us paying a mill for whichever top half is off contract when we need to replace Soward. Thoughts?

willzy91

Juniors
Have it under good authority that Trent Merrin is negotiating terms with St George to go back on his contract for next season and sign with St George again.

Blade23

Juniors
Have it under good authority that Trent Merrin is negotiating terms with St George to go back on his contract for next season and sign with St George again.

](*,)Heard that one myself from a troll under a bridge. He also told me David Warner would be the Chooks new fullback next year and to invest all my money in the bank of Greece. :crazy:

abpanther

Staff member
This year's No 6, Chad Townsend, looks set to leave the club at the end of the year or even sooner and return to Sydney as his partner's mother deals with a terminal cancer. He has already been linked with a return to the Sharks, the club he played for before joining the Warriors last year.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...er-missing-out-on-roosters-star-james-maloney

Given our shortage of decent halves I think we should be looking at a guy like Townsend who has been pretty good for the Warriors this season

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts