What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings with added crap - XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noise

Coach
We potentially have a better squad then all of them next year. We could argue all day about it but really it's just our opinions and we won't know who is right until GF day next year.

How do we potentially have a better squad than the Roosters? They have the following origin/test players:
Jennings
JWH
Cordner
Pearce
Guerra
SKD

Plus Friend, Napa and Ferguson who are likely to play origin in 2016.

We have:

Foran and Scott, plus Semi would be NSW quality of eligible

hindy111

Post Whore
RCG top 3 young props in the game lol

Junior
Klemmer
Turbo no 1
Vaughan
Boyd
Napa.

Just off the top of my head, penriths pack is average besides Cartwright and Merrin. Hindy's Penrith bias shining brightly again.

RCG IMO is only second too Klemmer. I respect your opinon - Jnr not in same class. Sure he has a few better runs.RCG makes 120 mtrs+ every game.

Kornstar

Coach
How long have 3p been gone??? Nearly 3 years how long will we continually hear about them??? I've been against the DA signing from the start and nothing has happened at the club to change my mind. Not sure why 3p are mentioned yet again, you sounds like Bitter Bart. He was never the man for this role and the way he got the job makes me think nothing much changes no matter which clowns are on the board.

There are still 3P aligned people within the club, surely you don't believe they are gone? Do you remember the elections this year? Just like Fitzy, all these low life scumbags want to do is destroy the club cause they lost ultimate power.

You don't have to like DA and it probably is a terrible signing and like he said he may be everything you say he is but do you know he is bad at his job? None of us know.

It's also interesting that you know someone's qualifications for a job you know nothing about? Unless you are a rugby league administrator at another club? Or maybe all your incessant whinging is cause you work for the Eels and you know how bad he is?

hindy111

Post Whore
;-)

Meanwhile, here's a serious question...

Lets put aside who offered what for 1 minute, if you were a player and you had a meeting with Daniel Anderson one day and Phil Gould the next... Who would sell their club to you better??

The Duke - I like how they stayed quite then BANG got there man in 48hrs while we talked about having him for 3 weeks....

The Duke strikes again

Bigfella

Coach
We definitely need one more first grade starting quality centre to be competitive IMO.

Paying Hiku fullback type money wouldn't have been the right answer though.

I don't see him as fast enough or offering enough creatively to be a starting fullback.

Good call not to get into those sort of overs.

There will still be moves. Lafai and Roberts still need to find a home - they would be great options and are probably better centres than hiku, without his versatility.

Even if we don't get them, the clubs that do may need to release quality players.

I'm happy enough that the club is targeting at least one quality centre, and not paying overs for them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
We definitely need one more first grade starting quality centre to be competitive IMO.

I don't see him as fast enough or offering enough creatively to be a starting fullback.

There will still be moves. Lafai and Roberts still need to find a home - they would be great options and are probably better centres than hiku, without his versatility.

Even if we don't get them, the clubs that do may need to release quality players.

I'm happy enough that the club is targeting at least one quality centre, and not paying overs for them.

Yeah, having sat back and thought about this, we're certainly not in an awful position but we are lacking in quality in an area best described by a mate who's high up in a rival club as 'the least vital position' in a starting side...

I know you don't like him but morgs will do a good job, can read the play well in defence but he's awful with the ball in his hand...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
RCG IMO is only second too Klemmer. I respect your opinon - Jnr not in same class. Sure he has a few better runs.RCG makes 120 mtrs+ every game.
Take your Duke coloured glasses off Hindy :lol: RCG is a good young promising bookend but not yet at the same class as those i mentioned.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Duke - I like how they stayed quite then BANG got there man in 48hrs while we talked about having him for 3 weeks....

The Duke strikes again
:lol: The desperate Duke payed over's again in a position that they had covered. Didn't so anything to sort out their halves and shitty crap pack.

IFR33K

Coach

Agreed. Whoever signs the remaining centres will more then likely need to release a player or two.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There are still 3P aligned people within the club, surely you don't believe they are gone? Do you remember the elections this year? Just like Fitzy, all these low life scumbags want to do is destroy the club cause they lost ultimate power.

You don't have to like DA and it probably is a terrible signing and like he said he may be everything you say he is but do you know he is bad at his job? None of us know.

It's also interesting that you know someone's qualifications for a job you know nothing about? Unless you are a rugby league administrator at another club? Or maybe all your incessant whinging is cause you work for the Eels and you know how bad he is?
Just makes me laugh that if anyone says anything remotely negative about DA his defenders come flying out of the blocks to defend their man. Anything good that happens at the club is all DA, anything bad is either Sewards,Managements, the boards, BA's or it's not his job or fault and did i mention Seward???

3P thankfully are gone and have no say in football matters anymore. But go on keep telling me all about the evil 3P and spags. I only care about people who have a say in the running of our club. When 3p were elected i was hoping they would be the ones to turn us back into a powerhouse and while they did some ok things their decision making when it come to football matters were absolutely terrible.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Just makes me laugh that if anyone says anything remotely negative about DA his defenders come flying out of the blocks to defend their man. Anything good that happens at the club is all DA, anything bad is either Sewards,Managements, the boards, BA's or it's not his job or fault and did i mention Seward???

3P thankfully have are gone and have no say in football matters anymore. But go on keep telling me all about the evil 3P and spags. I only care about people who have a say in the running of our club. When 3p were elected i was hoping they would be the ones to turn us back into a powerhouse and while they did some ok things their decision making when it come to football matters were absolutely terrible.

You see that is where you are delusional. I have never seen anyone praise DA for anything at the club. The only time DA is ever mentioned is when someone blames him for something. People like myself argue to add balance because if people are going to be hysterical about something without any evidence then why not question it?

Don't you find it funny that whenever there are rumours from specific people that they are only ever against non 3P people? Or are you too busy crying like a girl that the sky is falling over a rumour?

We seemingly stumbled our way to decent recruitment for next year, that seems your take on it?

Personally I like to think it is a team effort, all involved play their part. Seeing as I don't know who is specifically responsible (although you seem to know everything) as I'm not part of the club, I will praise them all.

But you continue jumping off a cliff every time someone posts a rumour and I'll focus on getting ready for next season.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How do we potentially have a better squad than the Roosters? They have the following origin/test players:
Jennings
JWH
Cordner
Pearce
Guerra
SKD

We have:

Yeah I agre they look better now and do have more rep players, but by the end of 2016 I reckon we could finish in front of them.

I reckon they could struggle a bit without an experienced fullback / 5/8.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jennings
JWH
Cordner
Pearce
Guerra
SKD

We have:

A lot of their Origin players are just fringe Origin players though - the kind of blokes who play Origin because they're in a successful club side. Beau Scott is actually an example of this. He made Origin off the back of St George's strong team five years ago. Encumbency has kept him there. It was the same with Watmough. Plenty of Origin players are like this - a position opens up, there are a dozen players to choose from, so they select a bloke who plays for a strong club side, and who already has club teammates in the Origin side. That makes it easier to bring the team together quickly in camp.

All our best players could be playing Origin (or for the Kiwis) if our worst players had been better over the past couple of years. Radradra, Norman, Foran, Ma'u, Paulo, Peats, Mannah are all Origin quality, in the sense that they are no worse than plenty of players currently in the Origin teams. And as for the Roosters compared to us, we actually have the better spine now.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Anyone who is worrying about our backline now is going to be panicking when we get an inevitable injury. We could sign Hayne to play center but where does that leave us in the long run if someone gets injuired? At the very least we have to sign Joel Reddy so that way we have someone EXPERIENCED if a mere one player gets injured. Wake up. Who here honestly thinks we are going to have a crack with a backline worse than last year?

James Roberts is signing for the Broncos so you can forget that.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I think that's a stupid, childish way to look at it, and says more about you than it does 'them'.

It's pretty obvious that the people trying to control the club all do love it, but they also believe in themselves, and almost certainly believe that the club will go downhill unless they are in charge. They could be right or they could be wrong, but that doesn't mean they're evil or whatever f**king fantasy category you want to place them into.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

The Duke strikes again

Our negotiations were drawn out because we weren't offering overs. The Panthers decided they could afford to take a big risk on him and of course he accepted quickly.

We didn't exactly make a song and dance over Gutherson, who started round one at centre with Hiku on the wing.

Swiftstylez

Bench
[Youtube]ZFOcbFy7TPU[/youtube]

More experience and the skill and talent our backline needs. Probably not expensive either and a good option (even if it was for depth but he would start in our current side) considering we have none left. Get him please Eels HQ.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, having sat back and thought about this, we're certainly not in an awful position but we are lacking in quality in an area best described by a mate who's high up in a rival club as 'the least vital position' in a starting side...

Absolutely. If you have a star outside back you can shape your gameplan to get the most out of his talents, but that extra involvement has to be taken from another player's involvement somewhere else.

Meanwhile if you have a first grade outside back who is not a star you just limit his involvement, and give the extra carries to your other stars. All you lose is that option to go wide early, but with the money you save you can strengthen another part of your team.

I know you don't like him but morgs will do a good job, can read the play well in defence but he's awful with the ball in his hand...

All he has to do is support the ball carrier, and make his tackles.

[Youtube]ZFOcbFy7TPU[/youtube]

More experience and the skill and talent our backline needs. Probably not expensive either and a good option (even if it was for depth but he would start in our current side) considering we have none left. Get him please Eels HQ.

I heard he's gone to Warrington to play with Chrissy. Looks like we missed out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.