What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

panthersam

Juniors
I'm extremely happy with the Naiqama signing, I'd so he is better than Simmons, Robinson and Mansour at this stage and is just unlucky to be behind Uate and Mcmanus at Newcastle. Quality signing

Nealo 12

First Grade
Wow seems like everyone available is signing with us, all I can say is that the guys that left must of been on mega huge... over the top dollars !

Kilkenny

Coach
We are getting into a position where the top 25 for 2014 is pretty much in shape and Ivan Cleary has his squad now and he can better be judged next year and beyond assuming his contract is further extended.

I think Kieran Moss will be in the top 25 as he will be pushing for a spot in top 17.

Gould has done a great job in my opinion, you can really see what the club is building towards and the only surprise is how still some doubt him.

With an even share of luck and a better year on the injury front we will be challenging for top eight spot.

Kilkenny

Coach
Gus wasn't able to deliver on JT or Todd Carney but it was not thru lack of trying as we now all know. He did however have a plan B and all of our signings for 2014 really do add value to what we already have. Still not the perfect spine but given we may still bring another 6 or 7 albeit an up and comer, not necessarily an established top grader I am really up beat about next season.

murraymob

Coach
comes into the group good signing.We need players who can play several positions especially with our luck with injuries and he fits that bill

Big Mick

Referee
Good dead or bad dead?

Well James Roberts is one as Franklin has revealed.

Not sure if there are others.

But I'd heard the day after that post that Travis Robinson was not going to be re-signed and was interested in linking up with his brother so it made that post redundant. lol.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well James Roberts is one as Franklin has revealed.

Not sure if there are others.

But I'd heard the day after that post that Travis Robinson was not going to be re-signed and was interested in linking up with his brother so it made that post redundant. lol.

So we are not re-signing Roberts?

Big Mick

Referee
So we are not re-signing Roberts?

Nah mate,...I'd said Franklin revealed we ARE re-signing him.

I was unsure on anyone else however.

All I was told was "A back was due to re-sign who has played FG this year" and that was after Simmons re-signed and considering Mansour & Roberts we're under contract already for next year I thought it was Robinson. But it made sense that Roberts would be extended as it was a modest deal for next year.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
We are getting into a position where the top 25 for 2014 is pretty much in shape and Ivan Cleary has his squad now and he can better be judged next year and beyond assuming his contract is further extended.

I think Kieran Moss will be in the top 25 as he will be pushing for a spot in top 17.

Gould has done a great job in my opinion, you can really see what the club is building towards and the only surprise is how still some doubt him.

With an even share of luck and a better year on the injury front we will be challenging for top eight spot.

I agree with most expect the Gould part. Membership & attendance is no better off. Merchandise worse off. Juniors are a lot better. Though still yet to win anything or have any of the juniors kick on. Though that is a long project. Also why is it in the last 7 or so seasons or so Melb have had bugger all injuries? Can't all be luck.

The things he has experience in Junior development, rosters etc we are going great in though too early to say anyone was wrong or right yet.

Doomednow

Bench
Seems like we could definitely be doing more on the merch and community front, but really success is a big deal. With more games won we will see fans returning.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seems like we could definitely be doing more on the merch and community front, but really success is a big deal. With more games won we will see fans returning.

Yeah next year we should see that improve. If we have a GM with Marketing background the 1st thing fixed would be these things. We have a GM with coaching background & that's where we started. On field no excuse for missing the 8 next year. Let's see where we are this time next year in regards to the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.