What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick said he may have been signed as a centre, so Brown can head back to the 2nd row.

I've only seen a little of him , but you would have to assume he's a better option at centre than Brown.

Then again , Roberts is a better option at centre than both of them.

Unless there is somehow a plan to fast track moylan to the halves , then perhaps Roberts could ove to fullback.

Scotty03

Juniors
1.Moylan
2.T Robinson/ Mansour
3.Roberts
4.Whare
5.Simmons
6.Coote/ John
7.Soward
8.Grant
9.Segeyaro
10.Kite
11.Manu
12.Brown
13.Taylor

inter:
14.McKendry
15.Plum
16.Docker
17.Peachy/M Robinson

Pomoz

Bench
I've only seen a little of him , but you would have to assume he's a better option at centre than Brown.

Unless there is somehow a plan to fast track moylan to the halves , then perhaps Roberts could ove to fullback.
Moylan looks so slick as a playmaker, I would love to see that. Can Roberts toughen up and make it as a fullback though?

Big Mick

Referee
I posted our best 2014 team in the Peachey thread.

1 of Taylor, Peachey, Brown centre, 1 backrow and 1 off the bench. I am not fussed which way we go. Though with Peachey's size and footwork I think him off the bench best.

From what I was told his first opportunity may be at centre.

He's got good acceleration and fantastic footwork for a guy his size along with the ability to draw his man and pass.

I'm very excited by this signing.

I know it wont be a popular signing with a lot of people but the kid has shown enough in First Grade already to show he is the real deal.

Big Mick

Referee

If we do not re-sign Travis Robinson there is a a chance that he could play on the wing even if we fast track Moylan to the halves

1. Moss, 2. Mansour, 3. Peachey, 4. Whare, 5. Roberts, 6. Moylan, 7. Soward

Or

1. Roberts, 2. Mansour, 3. Peachey, 4.Whare, 5. Simmons, 6. Moylan, 7. Soward

I think in all liklihood we will see Mansour not be with Penrith in 2015 however as DWZ will likely take that spot.

From what Gus has said on the PW podcast Soward has been signed to play #7 and not five-eight.

franklin2323

Immortal
Big Mick. That works with him as a centre.

Our backrow has been outstanding this year & no backs aside from our right side have really set the world on fire. Add Taylor & now Peachey means 1 needs to move. Taylor is wasted out wide. Brown offers nothing in impact so needs to start.

So needs to start so it depends how we want the bench makeup to be. Assuming Kite & Plum are the bench props. Both will gain metres but wont do much with the ball. Robinson's offload & Peachey's speed would be handy in that situation.

If we do not re-sign Travis Robinson there is a a chance that he could play on the wing even if we fast track Moylan to the halves

1. Moss, 2. Mansour, 3. Peachey, 4. Whare, 5. Roberts, 6. Moylan, 7. Soward

Or

1. Roberts, 2. Mansour, 3. Peachey, 4.Whare, 5. Simmons, 6. Moylan, 7. Soward

I think in all liklihood we will see Mansour not be with Penrith in 2015 however as DWZ will likely take that spot.

From what Gus has said on the PW podcast Soward has been signed to play #7 and not five-eight.

Really ? I hadn't heard that.

Big risk IMO. He's started less than 10 games at halfback in his entire career.

Personally I see him as a more of a late in the set half with early ball handling done by someone else.

betcats

Referee
Moylan is going good at fb, Soward will have one halves spot and it looks like with his re-signing the other spot is Johns to lose. I cant see Moylan moving into the halves anytime soon unless injuries occur or jogn starts plating poorly,,he seems a very natural fb to me, weve seen what his ballplayind adds from fb.

And Pomoz does Roberts need to toughen up to play fb? I think centre would be atleast as physically demanding.

Moylan is going good at fb, Soward will have one halves spot and it looks like with his re-signing the other spot is Johns to lose. I cant see Moylan moving into the halves anytime soon unless injuries occur or jogn starts plating poorly,,he seems a very natural fb to me, weve seen what his ballplayind adds from fb.

And Pomoz does Roberts need to toughen up to play fb? I think centre would be atleast as physically demanding.

I was thinking along the same lines.

If an Isaac John & Soward combo doesn't work moylan might be the back up.

It seems likely we aren't going to sign an NRL ready halfback.

Pomoz

Bench

I don't question his heart, or his toughness in a put your body on the line sense. He just seems a bit fragile and gets injured all the time. Some people have all the talent in the world but are just not able to withstand the physical onslaught of first grade. I hope that he isn't one of them.

betcats

Referee
I don't question his heart, or his toughness in a put your body on the line sense. He just seems a bit fragile and gets injured all the time. Some people have all the talent in the world but are just not able to withstand the physical onslaught of first grade. I hope that he isn't one of them.

I see, I thought you meant fb specifically.

I guess it does remain to be seen whether he can handle the rigours of fg.

Status
Not open for further replies.