What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

OVP

Coach
We don't need Chambers, unless he can kick goals, which i doubt. Our backline for this year should be
1. Gordon 2. Tupou 3. Mitchell 4. Manu 5. Fergo

And for next year it really shouldn't change. But with the addition of Tedesco means we lose both Fergo and SKD. Our backline next year will probably be
1. Tedesco 2. Tupou 3. Mitchell 4. Manu 5. Gordon

I most definitely do not want to lose Mitchell or Manu for Chambers. No thanks. Possibly Chambers for Gordon, which means SST has to kick goals. Don't really like seeing players still coming back from an ACL kicking goals.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Gordon is almost a cert to run around for us again next year, you would think. We need a reliable goal kicker not a part timer. Points from tries alone just won't cut it.

Must say that backline looks mighty tasty.

Valheru

Coach
Not that I mind having flash stay for another year but correct me if I am wrong, Keary is a handy goal kicker?

From memory he did a good enough job for souffs when Reynolds was absent?

According to a quote that I saw in the Telegraph (can't remember if it was Saturday or Sunday) Tupes said he is in the final stages of finalising a new deal with the Roosters for 4 years.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Not sure about 4 years. Some of the things he did on the field yesterday (some good, some horrible) suggests he is our new and improved SKD.

kbw

Bench
He may or may not have been with SKD on his ill fated trip to the Ivy....

Just as it may or may not have been SKD's product that landed him in trouble. Except the answers are opposite.
Carter is a dog and has ruined others careers as well as his own

On the Fox Sports coverage of yesterday's game, Aiden Guerra was asked about the reports linking him to the Newcastle Knights. Aiden confirmed he is in negotiations with the Knights and expects to have a contract with them for next year and beyond finalised shortly.

Has Fergo resigned?

please say no

On a more serious note to answer your question, he hasn't yet but there is some news regarding this in today's Daily Telegraph -

Blake Ferguson to sign a new Roosters deal in coming weeks
Fatima Kdouh, The Daily Telegraph
July 4, 2017 5:59pm

BLUES winger Blake Ferguson has all but confirmed he’ll be staying at the Roosters after revealing the only roadblock to securing his future were the on-going Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations.

Ferguson is the last piece of the backline puzzle at the tricolours, with Daniel Tupou re-signing, veteran fullback Michael Gordon earning a one-year extension and Shaun Kenny-Dowall linking with the Knights.

The signature of star fullback James Tedesco on a lucrative deal at the Bondi club, only fuelled speculation Ferguson would be squeezed out due to added salary cap pressure.

But the 27 year-old says it is not a matter of if but when he puts pen to paper.

“I’m just waiting to have another meeting [with the Roosters], there’s a fair chance I’ll be staying there,” he said at Blues training camp.

“I’m pretty happy with the deal they’ve shown me on the table and we’re pretty close.

“Obviously I wanted to get it done before the Origin series but it of dragged out because of the CBA negotiations.

“Hopefully we can get it locked in over the next couple of weeks and have it signed, sealed and delivered”.

He also quashed any talk he could be heading to the Knights.

“I’ve never really spoken to Newcastle, if it did happen that I had to move on then I would… that’s rugby league, but for me I just want to focus on playing footy for the Roosters and keep building a very good team that we have there,”he said.

Ferguson was full of praise for teammate and 219 NRL game veteran Gordon, who on Tuesday extended his stay for another year at the foundation club.

“Flash has been one of our best every week. He’s an old fella but he’s got some young legs on him he’s playing some really good footy,”he said.

“It was good to see someone like Michael come to the club and really relish in the role that he’s got.”

p.s.

adam, you need to learn the difference between resign and re-sign. As they mean two different things.

Resign means they have left/terminated their contract e.g. Adam is going to resign his job with the ABC Company.

Re-sign means they have signed a new contract to extend with the same employer/organisation e.g. Adam is going to re-sign with the ABC Company for a further 2 years.

Cheers. :)