What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

Valheru

Coach
So if Fergo does resign, we have to fit Teddy, Gordon, Latrell, Manu, Tupou and Fergo all in...

Looks like one of Latrell or Manu would suffer...

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think Gordon will be back up and is aware of that. Although we need his goalkicking.

It should also be noted, how often will the back 5 be fit at the same time?

Between a long term injury, minor injury, and Origin we can expect Gordon to play at least half the season.

I think Gordon will be back up and is aware of that. Although we need his goalkicking.

Between a long term injury, minor injury, and Origin we can expect Gordon to play at least half the season.
We need depth Madduke

Valheru

Coach

Gordon does make the most sense to back up but as you say, his goal kicking is needed unless they think Keary is an option.

Between Origin and injuries we will probably be luck to have our best back 5 (Teddy, Toops, Latrell, Manu and Fergo) all available for 50% of games but golden runs with injuries do happen and I would hate to think Latrell or Manu are on the outer.

Gordon does make the most sense to back up but as you say, his goal kicking is needed unless they think Keary is an option.

Between Origin and injuries we will probably be luck to have our best back 5 (Teddy, Toops, Latrell, Manu and Fergo) all available for 50% of games but golden runs with injuries do happen and I would hate to think Latrell or Manu are on the outer.

The problem, at this stage, is that Manu, Mitchell and Ferguson all make bad defensive reads. At this stage, I think Gordon will be in the side to partner either Manu or Ferguson on the right hand side in the centres. He will give his inside partner some stability and experience, as well as trying to get them to not slide in for the big hit all the time, thus leaving gaping holes for the defence to run into.

I think Latrell,barring a massive form slump, is locked into playing at left centre with Tupes outside him.

Besides being experienced, and older than the rest of the back 5, Gordon is the club's no.1 goal kicker. I don't know why you mention Keary as a goal kicker, he's never kicked a goal in the NRL since he broke into first grade in 2013. I think you will find the back up kicker, when fit, will be SST. People seem to forget in 2016 he kicked 27 goals from 35 attempts last year. He used to be a handy kicker when he was in the lower grades.

Valheru

Coach
I mention Keary because he is the only person I can think of that may have the necessary skills to do it. If he doesn't, that is fine.

SST must have improved late in the season last year because he was horrendous in the first half (goal kicking wise) which cost us a couple of games.

Lambretta

First Grade
I had heard the Connor Watson to Newcastle story - in fact I thought it was confirmed, not rumour

rabbitohs95

Bench
I mention Keary because he is the only person I can think of that may have the necessary skills to do it. If he doesn't, that is fine.

SST must have improved late in the season last year because he was horrendous in the first half (goal kicking wise) which cost us a couple of games.
If my memory serves me correctly I think I remember seeing him kick goals for the NYC team although that was more than five years ago.

My Roosters 2018 lineup

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Michael Gordon
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Mitchell Pearce
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Dylan Napa
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Mitch Aubusson
13. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

14. Luke Keary
15. Ryan Matterson
16. Isaac Liu
17. Zane Tetevano

Only concern I'd have is depth. About 10 players out for 2 in could hurt, but with Cronk and Teddy on board this side could be anything.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If my memory serves me correctly I think I remember seeing him kick goals for the NYC team although that was more than five years ago.

My Roosters 2018 lineup

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Michael Gordon
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Mitchell Pearce
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Dylan Napa
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Mitch Aubusson
13. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

14. Luke Keary
15. Ryan Matterson
16. Isaac Liu
17. Zane Tetevano

Only concern I'd have is depth. About 10 players out for 2 in could hurt, but with Cronk and Teddy on board this side could be anything.
I like your team, but I would have Matterson as one secondrower, instead of Aubusson. I like the look of Matterson at second row. I also would have Manu as one centre instead of Gordon. I also think Keary will be 5/8 and Pearce will be at either Manly or Cronulla.

Reece Robinson has signed for one year. This gives us cover at full back and on the wings, because he has played in both positions. Plus he will be the fastest player at the club.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah I don't get it.

Goalkicking wins matchs and we'll now be knocking them over at 60% in 2018.

A huge flaw in an otherwise great team.

Valheru

Coach
The bloke asked for a release.

One has to wonder how many starts he would have actually got next year.

Goal kicking is an issue. I would be giving SST intensive tuition through the summer as well as Latrell. Robinson too if they see him as a starter on the wing now.

Gordon would have been in the starting side Valheru, probably on the wing. His cool demeanour would be what some of our morte "impetuous" three quarters could have done with.

Only Latrell is guarenteed to be in the starting side, none of the other goal kicking candidates are.

Unrelated, it's been officially confirmed, Luke Keary signed a 3 year contract extension.

Source - https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2017/12/12/luke-keary-commits-to-three-more-years/