What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuke

Bench
i don't think many people doubt the talent of Tim Smith (i know there are a few), but it has been many years since he has shown a glimmer of his capabilities. I was a fan of Tim, I thought he was finally our answer, but his off field issues got in the way, and they will continue to be in the way for him. he is not a shadow of the player that we wish he wold have become for the Eels.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Perhaps for the first time, I agree with Casper, Tim was much maligned at 7 , thanks mainly to Raaaay and what we would give now for a real 7 that actually demands the ball and looks to have control.

Oh well, what may have been if he had controlled his issues outside footy, would be welcome as an Eel anytime as far as I am concerned.

He wanted desperately to come back on a $55k allowance to rebuild the faith in the eyes of those who believed in him and helped to develop his game as a true organising 7. He wanted to payback the Eels for what they did for him.

He is a much better NRL 7 than an Orford or a Quade Cooper or for that matter, most other players approached over the last 3 years or so to join the Eels as their organising 7.

Just how lost between the ears has this club become????

Oh yes we can hear them all muttering now ..... here we go again.. Casper is on the Tim Smith gravy train again................:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
ME, the hatred or rejection of Tim Smith by the Eels supporters (and it seems 3P & PO included) just staggers me.

WTF??? What have they got to do with or how have they had anything to do with, Tim Smith????????????????
Geez you are a complete dickhead sometimes. Back your statement up with fact, please???

Suity

ParraMatt

Bench
Not another Tim Smith thread!

Isn't this rumoured/confirmed signings, Tim Smith isn't either of these so why are we still whining about the past.

I was a Tim Smith fan also, He was my favourite player when he was at the Eels, since then he hasn't shown no where near the form he showed while at the Eels.

Let's move on, he isn't coming here and I don't believe he is a better player than Orford or Quade Cooper, You have to be kidding me.

When will the Tim Smith love stop.. Let's move on guys!

hindy111

Post Whore
IF We could of had T smith for 100k or less we sholuld of snapped him up.BUT he was pretty ordinary last year for the sharks...I he still contracted? i hope he comes good for them.But for parra well the tribe has spoken "goodbye"

dazeely

First Grade
The more I think about it the more I don't want Orford at Parra, He is 33 next year FFS and wants $400K. Screw that idea.

What else are we going to do with the left over money? Can't bank it, accumulate interest and spend it in next years cap. Better than nothing. Worth the risk IMO. By the sounds of it though the raiders have him.

dazeely

First Grade
Can't see the raiders wanting orford for more than one year. He's just there to cover campese long term injury. The eels must really be on the outer.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
WTF??? What have they got to do with or how have they had anything to do with, Tim Smith????????????????
Geez you are a complete dickhead sometimes. Back your statement up with fact, please???

Suity

Ask PO, the offer for Tim Smith $55k was on the plate.. it was rejected.
PO wanted a clean skin club....

The ball was in the 3P/PO court, they knocked him back.
The news from around the traps back then, so I was told, was DA was OK for Tim to come back on $55k.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
In the 2007 preliminary against the cheaters in Melb when that $1.4m+ over the salary cap squad was at it's peak, Tim Smith played very well. Again there were some terrible dodgy decisions that went against the Eels as well as some very close/unlucky calls.

In the 2006 1st semi against the Storm cheaters in Melb, Tim Smith again played very well and the Eels almost caused an upset. The Eels were ripped off by the refs in that game as they were done over by the salary cap cheaters.

In 2005, Tim Smith played well almost all season. It was sad to see the eels forwards decimated by the Cowboys in that preliminary game. Behind a pack being monstered and ripped open going nowhere bar awful, Tim Smith again played well behind a destroyed pack of forwards.

In the big games that mattered, Tim Smith did not disappear from the scene. He stood up when it counted. Can you possibly comprehend what would have become of the Eels 2009 & 2010 if he was the organising 7 ???? At least one definite GF ring, achieved even against the worst cheaters ever in the NRL fully supported by News Limited NRL and the Freemasonic loonies who run everything that matters behind the scenes.

thats where he used to be at

currently he cannot establish a permanent first grde spot at the lowly Sharks

like Colonel said, time to move on

84 Baby

Referee
In the big games that mattered, Tim Smith did not disappear from the scene. He stood up when it counted. Can you possibly comprehend what would have become of the Eels 2009 & 2010 if he was the organising 7 ???? At least one definite GF ring, achieved even against the worst cheaters ever in the NRL fully supported by News Limited NRL and the Freemasonic loonies who run everything that matters behind the scenes.
I think looking at Tim Smith in 09 & 10, the better question would be can you possibly comprehend what would have become of the Eels 2005 & 2007 if Tim Smith had the 2009 Eels around him?
Tim Smith was one of the best attacking halfbacks ever. Unfortunately attacking prowess relies heavily on confidence and I realistically don't see Smith ever getting that confidence back

Avenger

Immortal
What else are we going to do with the left over money? Can't bank it, accumulate interest and spend it in next years cap. Better than nothing. Worth the risk IMO. By the sounds of it though the raiders have him.
For a year, yes. However he would want more than a one year contract. Rather use his money to target someone else in 2012 and upgrade the contracts of Mannah, Anthony Mitchell etc.

Looks like he will be a Raider.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...aiders-talent-to-convince-orford/2004760.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts