What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono

Juniors
I was a touch sceptical about signing as a marquee a player unproven in League.
But this morning watching the Wobblies nearly butchering the test , QC showed he is a class Leaguie all over. He will need to work on the more constant demands of defence at League 5/8 .Some of the big Bok backrowers did target him and at times he struggled , but by God his attack is peerless. He will be an awsome link to the likes of Hayne, Tahu and Grothe.
GET HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strider

Post Whore
i think the wallabies win last night probably put the final nail in that coffin
(not that it wasn't already nailed shut)

boxhead

First Grade
I don't believe it will happen.
Other possible signings seem to indicate as such.....

By the way, I am going to be sticking to the Parra forum and this thread mainly from now on.
Just to let you guys know :)

Gronk

Staff member
i think the wallabies win last night probably put the final nail in that coffin
(not that it wasn't already nailed shut)

Agree. After that the Wabalies have firmed from 4th fav to 2nd fav. A good showing next Sat will shut the door I expect.

It will be interesting if he only re-signs for 1 year however.

belmoreeel

Juniors
wtf is channel 7 doing going for weedler anyway he had the inside scoop on all of parras signings except the two that came to reality Webb and Matua

born an eel

Bench
wtf is channel 7 doing going for weedler anyway he had the inside scoop on all of parras signings except the two that came to reality Webb and Matua
don't worry there's still time left, wiedlers exclusives are generally about 2 weeks behind everyone else finding out

boxhead

First Grade
Fanny Weasel will never play for the Eels.
Back on topic please?
Funny though.

No real signing news today, at least so far.
As always, if you have information you wish to share and put on the list you can PM me or just talk about it here.
Thanks again to people who give us news and updates every day.

EDIT: To clarify for those asking about Jordan Atkins, he is a 27 year old Titans winger, will likely be a back-up player for us.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
you sure he is 27 boxhead?
i thought he was about 22, can't find me season guide to confirm it.

I looked up his information on the Titans official website and Wikipedia, he was born in January 22, 1983 so yeah he is 27; I thought he was young as well, but it turns out he joined footy late, and plays more part-time for the Titans.
What I don't understand about us signing him is that he teaches in a QLD university, so I can't see him moving down here without some big incentives; I can't see us offering him a lot of money, so the only logical explanation I can think of is a stable first-grade spot...at least that's if you assume he wanted a big incentive to come down here.

But if he is assured a first-grade spot, who gets the flick? I can't see us dropping anyone in the back-line, unless Hayne to five-eighth happens, Joel/Burt moves to fullback and Atkins into the centres? But that doesn't help Tom Humble's position at all.....I don't know, makes no sense to me.

I am sure someone more knowledgable about his deal would be able to tell you though :) I don't know much really hehe

Ratchy

Juniors
I looked up his information on the Titans official website and Wikipedia, he was born in January 22, 1983 so yeah he is 27; I thought he was young as well, but it turns out he joined footy late, and plays more part-time for the Titans.
What I don't understand about us signing him is that he teaches in a QLD university, so I can't see him moving down here without some big incentives; I can't see us offering him a lot of money, so the only logical explanation I can think of is a stable first-grade spot...at least that's if you assume he wanted a big incentive to come down here.

But if he is assured a first-grade spot, who gets the flick? I can't see us dropping anyone in the back-line, unless Hayne to five-eighth happens, Joel/Burt moves to fullback and Atkins into the centres? But that doesn't help Tom Humble's position at all.....I don't know, makes no sense to me.

I am sure someone more knowledgable about his deal would be able to tell you though :) I don't know much really hehe

Your spot on with his age. Atkins has been playing for the Burleigh Bears for years in both Q Cup and FOGS Cup.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've heard we've signed him for the bare minnimum...I've also noticed that he's been playing fg, can anyone who has noticed him play let us know how he's gone in the last few weeks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts