What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Mateos stats could have been better but he was one of our most consistant meter makers along with the four props. He made more meters then ever other player in the pack outside of Fui (and hayne and Grothe are th eonly other two who avg more meters in the whole team) and balanced our backrow well. He made around 22 tackles a game (avg 57min) which is much less then Hindy (45 tackles - 76min) and Benny (30 tackles - 72min) although he does play less min.

Mateo's passing game is not as bad as people make out, in 2009 his support players where taking those passes but in 2010 they put them down. His major concern was his fitness, he should have been playing 70-80min not 55min a game.

He was one of our best attacking weapons last year and on 2009 but for 400k he is not worth it, for 250-300K I would have been more than happy for him to stay but no backrower in the world is worth 400K.

Mateo's problem was that he didn't want to pass the ball unless he had 3 defenders hanging off him.
He never wanted to pass before the line, even if the situation called for it, which is a problem when he was one of only two people in the team who are able to throw a great cut-out pass (Hayne, of course, being the other).

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
It actually made me hate Qlders that little bit more. Full of rednecks. Makes people here in the Sutherland Shire almost look refined. :D

Year round its a perfect place, the problem is around christmas the population triples due to the inbred, little-peckered, fata$$, fanboys like you. But can you hear that.....................? Thats the sound of Hervey Bay residents sighing with pleasure the fact that all the ferals have gone back to that $hithole of a place you call scumpit.
Your a dog avenger...

Jason70

Juniors
The tools on the Sharks forum are reporting that we have signed David Simmons who played with the Sharks and Penrith. Anyone know anything about this, say it isn't so.

spiderdan

Bench
I wouldn't mind witty jnr having a second shot at parra. For some reason Brian smith wasn't a fan. Even though John Morris had a good 2005 at pivot I would have liked to have seen how we went with tim smith and Witt our halfs with Mateo and widders sharing the ball playing back rower/impact bench player roles. Unfortunately Brian told witty he was fourth or fifth in line for a starting spot at 6 or 7 and Mateo was loaned to esl that year I think.

hindy111

Post Whore
Witt has a long kicking game.Hmm i fear for Burt thou if Witt was there as a great goal kicker there maybe some bigger and stronger guys to put out there on the wing....

The Colonel

Immortal
Unfortunately Brian told witty he was fourth or fifth in line for a starting spot at 6 or 7

Actually Witt turned up to training under the impression he was assured of a starting spot having been signed to a long term deal and didn't feel the need to have to work for it which didn't sit too well with Smith.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Actually Witt turned up to training under the impression he was assured of a starting spot having been signed to a long term deal and didn't feel the need to have to work for it which didn't sit too well with Smith.

Why sign him to a long term deal?

Avenger

Immortal
Year round its a perfect place, the problem is around christmas the population triples due to the inbred, little-peckered, fata$$, fanboys like you. But can you hear that.....................? Thats the sound of Hervey Bay residents sighing with pleasure the fact that all the ferals have gone back to that $hithole of a place you call scumpit.
Your a dog avenger...

Mate I saw the real estate in Hervey Bay. My kids cubby house has more value. Don't embarass yourself f**kwit I could buy a whole street in the sh*t you call home.

Status
Not open for further replies.