What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
yeah, still a few fair dinkum ones.

Tonga maybe, Thurston we made enquiries into but which club wouldn't if he was off contract? Neither of them are current Bulldogs anyway.

Utai's uncle rang the club to ask if we'd consider signing him and was given a flatout NO over the phone, but that turned into a news story. That is not being linked to the club.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Tonga maybe, Thurston we made enquiries into but which club wouldn't if he was off contract? Neither of them are current Bulldogs anyway.

Utai's uncle rang the club to ask if we'd consider signing him and was given a flatout NO over the phone, but that turned into a news story. That is not being linked to the club.

yeah ex dogs like i said. I was referring to rumours aswell, linked was prob the wrong word to use. What bout sbw? Is it all just speculation and weidler crap?

Eels Dude

Coach
yeah ex dogs like i said. I was referring to rumours aswell, linked was prob the wrong word to use. What bout sbw? Is it all just speculation and weidler crap?

Without a doubt. Read Weidler's weekly gossip column in the Sun Herald. He always finds a way to include a paragraph about SBW, Mundine, and Nassar every week without fail.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Without a doubt. Read Weidler's weekly gossip column in the Sun Herald. He always finds a way to include a paragraph about SBW, Mundine, and Nassar every week without fail.

He is such a tool, i won't waste my time. boxy or someone will post any rumours he says about us anyway haha. P.s. I love your work boxy :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dean Blackman - Roosters
Ava Suemafaga - Melbourne (made an offer)
Peni Therapo - Melbourne (Made an offer)

we're apparently trying to keep our frontrowers from NYC at the club however we're ina unique situation where we've already got 4 to 5 established firstgraders there.

Gronk

Staff member
Dean Blackman - Roosters

we're apparently trying to keep our frontrowers from NYC at the club however we're ina unique situation where we've already got 4 to 5 established firstgraders there.

Surely we should be aiming higher than fringe first graders and reserve graders.

Eels Dude the two that Melbourne are after are quality pigs. We should try hard to retain them IMHO.

Delboy

First Grade
The Storm have made offers each year to several of our players, and they even signed a couple of schoolboy props from our district, who in the end went to yawnion rather than make the trek to the bleak city when they couldnt get out of a 4 year deal

They shoot a lot of arrows to hit a decent target, they even took Krys Freeman on a punt too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Surely we should be aiming higher than fringe first graders and reserve graders.

I'll tell you this ED, if you can get any decent info or rumour coming out of the club, then you're are doing well, I've come to the conclusion that the sort of work that SK, Nolan and Arthur are doing behind the scenes will not be revealed until we see a media release or something just as reliable as an article from Massoud or Prezenko..

they are keeping things very very close to their chest in terms of anything to do with the top 25 and I've heard that they're still very very active.

MrT

Juniors
Dean Blackman - Roosters

Why did we let go of Blackman?. I thought he went OK at hooker. Need to keep those 2 young props. We have Fui getting closer to retirement. Shack is average at prop at best

get stuffed Melb

Cocidius

Juniors
Eh, let them sign...storm can develop them, then buy them back! Win win...
No point of developing juniors these days as the NRL dont award it and wont as long as teams like Roosters run the joint!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hope they can both stay on, they are both a year or two away from regular NRL footy and they would be ready replacements for Fui.

I think the best we can do at this stage would be to offer them 2nd tier deals or wenty contracts...given the reasons I've just told you...Melbourne have blokes like Troy Thompson and Adam Woolnough in their squads and they can very easily be replaced.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'll tell you this ED, if you can get any decent info or rumour coming out of the club, then you're are doing well, I've come to the conclusion that the sort of work that SK, Nolan and Arthur are doing behind the scenes will not be revealed until we see a media release or something just as reliable as an article from Massoud or Prezenko..

they are keeping things very very close to their chest in terms of anything to do with the top 25 and I've heard that they're still very very active.

there was this from March

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-to-beat-maroons/story-e6frfgbo-1226019415401

STILL on the Eels, new coach Kearney is keeping tight-lipped about his football operations. Fearing leaks and unwanted press, he is even keeping CEO Paul Osborne out of the loop on some football matters. Probably a fair stance considering the SS Parramatta went close to sinking last year with a couple of employees, including a coach, thrown overboard.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why did we let go of Blackman?. I thought he went OK at hooker. Need to keep those 2 young props. We have Fui getting closer to retirement. Shack is average at prop at best

get stuffed Melb

mate, unless your privy to negotiations who's to know what the roosters had offered blackman? and how to you know that we didn't do what we can to keep him.

for the life of me I don't understand how thos kid isn't starting at 9 ahead of Mahoney.

Status
Not open for further replies.