What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew057

First Grade
I don't know why.

He's sooo average. Manly will get found out big time in the finals, unless the Stewarts play out of their skin. Greg because his desire and ability to shift it and cause trouble on the edges makes up for the lumps of crap that are T. Rex and Rose. And Brett, obviously, because when he is confident (he's still not totally comfortable out there at the moment) he is the payer that can cause maximum havoc.

If Kearney buys back T. Rex I'm starting the "bring back Ando" petition.

I really don't know what youre talking about. T-Rex has been very good this season/

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Hopefully we get a few more back-line signings, guess we have to wait and see eh? If Marmin keeps up his destructive form in NYC he could very well get the call-up in the next year or two.

By then you would have got the call up to the moderators box
otherwise you're out boy - gone!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
He's 1 maybe 2 weeks away!

Is he the one to replace Atkins?

4023964807_f1fe669909.jpg

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Another has been...
I dont understand why we would be in talks with him when players like Fafita and Gibbs were available!
Only reason may to bring some experience and work ethic to players like Allgood! But with Fui getting on with the years, Poores knee and Webb showing his NRL days are behind him, you would think we would be after a young forward to develop along side Allgood.

Due to the rumours I received from law land, it's because we have signed TWO superstars for next year!!!

Still have not heard anything back from Eels Management regarding SBW & Cam Smith
Is this rumour or part of this rumour true Paul Osborne or not?
Please Confirm.

Brenno75

Juniors
I'm sure they signed Esi Tonga to play in the centres. I just want a decent winger, David Williams would do great, someone with speed and strength.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I'm sure they signed Esi Tonga to play in the centres. I just want a decent winger, David Williams would do great, someone with speed and strength.

From all reports and from the games I watched him play last year, Ken Sio is our boy, that's if he recovers from his injury (shoulder?) and is good enough to play on the wing.
He is a very good player - one to watch out for.
Can step off both feet, has almost blistering pace and will smash his powerful frame through any crack in the defensive line.
I think he can also kick goals?
Many thought that Sio would get the call up to NRL before Loko.

Sio%2cKen%202010NYCH_670544_p.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
From all reports and from the games I watched him play last year, Ken Sio is our boy, that's if he recovers from his injury (shoulder?) and is good enough to play on the wing.
He is a very good player - one to watch out for.
Can step off both feet, has almost blistering pace and will smash his powerful frame through any crack in the defensive line.
I think he can also kick goals?
Many thought that Sio would get the call up to NRL before Loko.

Sio%2cKen%202010NYCH_670544_p.jpg

Yep. I rate this kid very, very highly.

boxhead

First Grade
If Ken Sio is fit before the end of the season - and Staggs tells us he's only 1 or 2 weeks away! - I would definitely think he will figure heavily in the first-team. He's got a tonne of potential and many predicted would make an impact at the start of the season. It's not hard to imagine that we go with a back-line of 1. Hayne 2. Burt 3. Tonga 4. Loko 5. Sio for next year, of course though I'd imagine we are looking at hopefully one more first-team back-line signing.

Avenger

Immortal
With all the speculation about an additional signing you would think it is either a contracted player awaiting for a release or a player that will change his mind about a mission with Spags and the boys giving a donation to the Mormons as compensation. :D

It probably goes down to about 3.

Willie Tonga
Isaac Luke
William Hopoate

I don't think we will end up signing a top shelf secondrower with Pat O'Hanlon being recently re- signed for another 2 years.

Cocidius

Juniors
With all the speculation about an additional signing you would think it is either a contracted player awaiting for a release or a player that will change his mind about a mission with Spags and the boys giving a donation to the Mormons as compensation. :D

It probably goes down to about 3.

Willie Tonga
Isaac Luke
William Hopoate

I don't think we will end up signing a top shelf secondrower with Pat O'Hanlon being recently re- signed for another 2 years.

In todays paper there is mention of Hoppa, in particular his management and how they are in the process of inking a deal for when he comes back. From the sounds of that he wont be leaving his missionary, just making a formal announcment of who he will be with when its over...

Who knows we may sign all three!
Tonga for 2 years with Hoppa swapping him when he gets back ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.