What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocidius

Juniors
well we've been linked to Seijka and Luke Kelly from Storm is off contract

Whoever it is...
Like menitoned, Sandow is the best availabe; if you look at his age, his skill level and potential...he could be a very good player...
But if we dont get him...we need to bite the bullet again and go with youth, but at the same time stick with them a la mortimer...
Only problem with morts, he hasn't had the pleasure of a guiding hand to help him out! Hence why we need Hayne in the Halves; not so much for his attacking power...but more so the pressure can be taken off the rookie...

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Referee
What.... sitting amongst a lot of "jerks"! :shock:

I-see-what-you-did-there-Fry.jpg

Ratchy

Juniors
If we don't get Sandow, I'd be signing Kelly from Storm

Would've rathered the club chased him in the first place specially seeing the way he dominated a Q Cup game this year. Cheaper option with plenty of upside.

Cocidius

Juniors
Would've rathered the club chased him in the first place specially seeing the way he dominated a Q Cup game this year. Cheaper option with plenty of upside.

Domination at Junior levels doesn't mean anything!
With Sandow, he is proven to have the capability to dominate at NRL level. Yes he has flaws in his game, but with experience and maturity he could be a rep player!
At least with Sandow you know he can handle the NRL....Kelly is an unknown! But like i said, if we miss out on Sandow and go with someone like Kelly, i hope the club does some restructuring to assure they give the rookie every chance to prosper!

Ratchy

Juniors
Domination at Junior levels doesn't mean anything!
With Sandow, he is proven to have the capability to dominate at NRL level. Yes he has flaws in his game, but with experience and maturity he could be a rep player!
At least with Sandow you know he can handle the NRL....Kelly is an unknown! But like i said, if we miss out on Sandow and go with someone like Kelly, i hope the club does some restructuring to assure they give the rookie every chance to prosper!

Last I heard Q Cup wasn't junior football but senior football. Secondly it didn't hurt Manly who pulled Hodkinson or Cherry-Evans from there did it

Cocidius

Juniors
Last I heard Q Cup wasn't junior football but senior football. Secondly it didn't hurt Manly who pulled Hodkinson or Cherry-Evans from there did it

Manly have Foran, who is both in form and one of the best youngsters running around!

Im not saying it's a negative thing, signing a player like Kelly. Im just saying at this point in time...Sandow has more runs on the board and is the better prospect!
I know one thing, if we sign a player like Kelly or promote Murray...we will be in the same position next year if mortimer is player next to them! No disrespect to Mort's...but he does not have the ability to take the pressure away from a rookie player and we with our current roster we can all see the result of this i.e. Robson/Mortimer!

MrT

Juniors

I agree, cheaper option and go all out for Hopa

Cocidius

Juniors
I agree, cheaper option and go all out for Hopa

Yep. If we go down that route...then someone like Hoppa is a must! Move hayne to 5/8th!
Problem will be if we do go after a rookie and leave Mortimer...it will be the blind leading the blind....again!

Ratchy

Juniors
Yep. If we go down that route...then someone like Hoppa is a must! Move hayne to 5/8th!
Problem will be if we do go after a rookie and leave Mortimer...it will be the blind leading the blind....again!

Again with the right players it's not a problem if they are good enough, again using Manly as an example both Hodkinson & Foran were rookies last year. That didn't hurt then

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like Crowe wins then, f**king rothfield.

No, I asked him what he knew about Sandow / Eels.

He responded with:-

The last I heard about that situation is that it is a pretty much done deal.

EDIT: Oh you mean the Rothfield jinx ? Haha, I hope not.

boxhead

First Grade
I guess it's just wait and see at the moment, but with Rusty in the picture I'm not very confident.

A surprise that the Manly announcement wasn't about Hoppa :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts