What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Tonga doesn't come to Parra it's because we baulked at his asking price.

It looks like Kearney is very much like Bellamy in that he doesn't see much value in paying big money to non-spine players.

All centres are replaceable. Anyway I still think Tonga's a smokescreen.

caylo

Bench
If Tonga doesn't come to Parra it's because we baulked at his asking price.

It looks like Kearney is very much like Bellamy in that he doesn't see much value in paying big money to non-spine players.

All centres are replaceable. Anyway I still think Tonga's a smokescreen.

Inglis? was paid 600-650K. While admittedly he had a stint at 5-8, it was in the centres that he played his best footy.

From all reports tonga will be here next year and unless the dragons throw big money at him I can't see that changing (and they said they wont be looking to replace Gasnier)

SDM

First Grade
Inglis? was paid 600-650K. While admittedly he had a stint at 5-8, it was in the centres that he played his best footy.

From all reports tonga will be here next year and unless the dragons throw big money at him I can't see that changing (and they said they wont be looking to replace Gasnier)

:lol: That was a bit different

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

This is back when they were rorting the cap so it hardly matters how they allocated their salaries.

Though like you say, he had stints at five-eighth and fullback. He wore 6 in two grand finals.

Anyway, nobody was surprised when he was the only one of Melbourne's Big Four to get the arse. And now Blair's gone. The three spine players hang around on top dollar while Melbourne surrounds them with reserve graders and promising kids.

We'll see. It will be interesting to hear the rumours thrown around for how much he eventually signs for.

Ratchy

Juniors
At the end of the day, a club legend asks a questions, gets a hint - should know better than to blurt it out.

Think Sterlo was out of line, you should expect someone like Sterlo to be able to talk confidentially to club officials, just surprised at his actions

Funny how Sterlo use to complain about not being involved in the club and the does this on national tv.

strider

Post Whore
At the end of the day, a club legend asks a questions, gets a hint - should know better than to blurt it out.

Think Sterlo was out of line, you should expect someone like Sterlo to be able to talk confidentially to club officials, just surprised at his actions

i agree - i would think sterlo would have more sensitivity about such things ... which also makes me wonder how the convo went cos i doubt sterlo would blurt out anything he thought was sensitive - but if he did then thats dodgy

If Tonga wants to come and join his brother and mate Reni, he will, end of story. How is making it public supposed to kill the deal? His manager would have approached every club to get Tonga, and himself, the best price so it seems only the media and public were kept in the dark. What difference could it possibly make?

i agree with this also - if he wants to come then he should - there is no need to be precious about anything - just f'n do it

Ratchy

Juniors
i agree - i would think sterlo would have more sensitivity about such things ... which also makes me wonder how the convo went cos i doubt sterlo would blurt out anything he thought was sensitive - but if he did then thats dodgy

Surely Sterlo has the common sense and intelligence to work out what shouldn't be blurted out during a coverage without being told so.

whall15

Coach
Sterlo mentioned former Spurs centreback Jonathan Woodgate during last nights commentary. He's a bit injury-prone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts