What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True, and I totally agree..The Eels have become a reincarnation the North Sydney Bears in 2011..No other side has the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory than the Eels.
I'll bet you supporters don't feel confident of a win leading by six with ten seconds left on the clock and in possession..
It's a feeling I experienced for a long long long time. The more things change, the more they stay the same..

Three times in the past couple of years we've come back from 20 down to win. We managed it twice last year alone.

If we've given up last minute leads late in games this year it's because we lack quality on the edges.

We also won two games in the last minute this year. Both times at home. The two last minute losses were both away and both against clubs with better players on the edges.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Was it a better one than Lachlan Coote's on Etu?
Did either get penalised - or cited, can't remember. I though the Coote hit on Etu was borderline at best...

Canberra dude Thompson got 75 points... They were both pretty ordinary the players they hit were out before they hit the ground, You dont get that unless your hit high...

parra pete

Referee
You know, Pete, for a bloke who professes that he followed this club for 40-odd years, you sure do have a way of distancing yourself from it with a remarkable degree of contempt - and yet, you still grace us with your presence (which I, for one, find fantastic). Why is that?

Because I enjoy visiting this site.
Just because I no longer have the same passion for the Eels, doesn't mean I don't like talking to people on the Eels site. I do, and I will continue to do so. There is not the same amount of passion for their team on the Raiders site.
I enjoy my friendship with the Raiders Club, just as much as I enjoy my friendships - and interacting with people on here.
Absolutely enjoy the humour of The ParraBoy, and the sense posted by Bartman, Parra-matters, Captain BF, Springs, SDM and you. I even enjoy 'stirring' Parra Guru.
BTW, what has happened to Jess??? she doesn't post as much on here anymore.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Was it a better one than Lachlan Coote's on Etu?
Did either get penalised - or cited, can't remember. I though the Coote hit on Etu was borderline at best...

nup, good legit hit! the problem I did have was what Travis Burns did to etu off the ball...

parra pete

Referee
Canberra dude Thompson got 75 points... They were both pretty ordinary the players they hit were out before they hit the ground, You dont get that unless your hit high...

I didn't know that.
Joel certainly flattened his bloke - blindsiding him. At least Etu was clobbered front on, but both players were smashed into oblivion - I don't care who does it, it is pretty weak.
In my opinion, shoulder charges should be outlawed like they are in Rugby Union, and at junior level (Under 18s) in Rugby League.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Because I enjoy visiting this site.
Just because I no longer have the same passion for the Eels, doesn't mean I don't like talking to people on the Eels site. I do, and I will continue to do so. There is not the same amount of passion for their team on the Raiders site.
I enjoy my friendship with the Raiders Club, just as much as I enjoy my friendships - and interacting with people on here.
Absolutely enjoy the humour of The ParraBoy, and the sense posted by Bartman, Parra-matters, Captain BF, Springs, SDM and you. I even enjoy 'stirring' Parra Guru.
BTW, what has happened to Jess??? she doesn't post as much on here anymore.
By the way Pete how are your Raiders going, uh oo sorry mate.:lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
As I mentioned in another thread, I can't believe Reni didn't get cited. His cannonball was as bad as they get.

He dodged a bullet there.

Yeah its not like he ran from 15m away he got the Penny player in the back on the knees to take him down if it was his thighs or higher he would have been in trouble..

Y2Eel

First Grade
I didn't know that.
Joel certainly flattened his bloke - blindsiding him. At least Etu was clobbered front on, but both players were smashed into oblivion - I don't care who does it, it is pretty weak.
In my opinion, shoulder charges should be outlawed like they are in Rugby Union, and at junior level (Under 18s) in Rugby League.

I can cop a good shoulder charge if it to the ribs or chest but any kind of hit to the head should be a week atleast on the sidelines...

Thompson was the best player out there on sunday too...

parra pete

Referee
Going good. I treat winning and losing the same. You have to these days. I used to get the shits big time if the team got beaten..Now, I just take in as it comes. Call it old age, and stress reducing attitude. Life is too short to worry about whether a football team wins or loses. You get that when NRL footy doesn't become the most important thing in your life.
BTW, in case you have been on Mars - the Raiders beat the Eels, uh oo sorry mate :lol:

CrazyEel

Bench
Yeah well it's pretty easy to have that attitude when you're not hindered by loyalty. No point worrying about any single team when it's just so easy to jump from one to the other.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
we need some SPEED!!!

snort.jpg

parra pete

Referee
Yeah well it's pretty easy to have that attitude when you're not hindered by loyalty. No point worrying about any single team when it's just so easy to jump from one to the other.

So true..It allows you to watch each game for what they are worth...and the Salary Cap has removed any sense of loyalty from the majority of players. Players you boo this year, you cheer for the next...
Basically I agree with what Ricky Stuart wrote in the Telegraph on Sunday, inter alia, that players at the end of each game come off laughing and chatting with opponents instead of coming off 'filthy' after a loss..

Y2Eel

First Grade
So true..It allows you to watch each game for what they are worth...and the Salary Cap has removed any sense of loyalty from the majority of players. Players you boo this year, you cheer for the next...
Basically I agree with what Ricky Stuart wrote in the Telegraph on Sunday, inter alia, that players at the end of each game come off laughing and chatting with opponents instead of coming off 'filthy' after a loss..

But if there was no salary cap then Loyalty would be gone!

Just ask Hindy if he is filthy after a loss everyone saw him when the eels lost 2 weeks ago..

Eels Dude

Coach

Just because they lost the game doesn't mean they can't shakes hands and say a quick g'day to mates on their opposing sides. I think it would be a sad thing for professional sport if players didn't have the decency to act like good sports win or lose. Nothing to do with the salary cap.

CrazyEel

Bench
Just because they lost the game doesn't mean they can't shakes hands and say a quick g'day to mates on their opposing sides. I think it would be a sad thing for professional sport if players didn't have the decency to act like good sports win or lose. Nothing to do with the salary cap.
^^ Agree totally.

Gronk

Staff member
Maitua, who will play against his former club at ANZ Stadium on Friday night, could hold the key to whether another old Dog joins the Eels next season.
Willie Tonga is still under contract with North Queensland but doesn't like living in Townsville and has been given permission to talk to other clubs, with Parramatta the favourites to sign him.
He is good friends with Maitua but is also close to Cowboys general manager Peter Parr and might yet decide to stay put as he likes playing for the club.
Tonga began his career with the Eels in 2002 before joining the Bulldogs in 2004, where he played alongside Maitua for five seasons. Tonga's brother Esi is also joining Parramatta next season from the Titans.
http://www.portstephensexaminer.com...n-suits-eels-for-now/2231874.aspx?storypage=0

Tony Bongo

Bench
nup, good legit hit! the problem I did have was what Travis Burns did to etu off the ball...

I don't agree at all.
Watching the replay again (the incident was in the 61st minute) Coote was not only upright but at point of contact he also springs up onto his toes which makes his shoulder make CONTACT WITH ETU'S HEAD. That is not a legitimate shoulder charge. Coote intentionally positioned his body to make a high contact with his shoulder and should have been penalised.

Travis Burns is a cat, always has been. It's time the NRL clamped down on cheapshot merchants like him and got rid of them from the game. If Etu had of injuried his neck from the Coote shot and then Burns puts one on his chin on the ground it could have been much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.