What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
I don't agree at all.
Watching the replay again (the incident was in the 61st minute) Coote was not only upright but at point of contact he also springs up onto his toes which makes his shoulder make CONTACT WITH ETU'S HEAD. That is not a legitimate shoulder charge. Coote intentionally positioned his body to make a high contact with his shoulder and should have been penalised.

Agree.

MrT

Juniors
I don't agree at all.
Watching the replay again (the incident was in the 61st minute) Coote was not only upright but at point of contact he also springs up onto his toes which makes his shoulder make CONTACT WITH ETU'S HEAD. That is not a legitimate shoulder charge. Coote intentionally positioned his body to make a high contact with his shoulder and should have been penalised.

and to think like 2 years ago round 1 against Warriors Fui runs in hard to takle M. Luck who falls into Fui and hits his head on Fui's chest. He was knocked out and Warriors got a penalty and Fui placed on report.

On Saturday night, there was only 1 way Coote could knock out Etu and that was contact with the head and Burns's actions were disgraceful.

I cannot believe after going upstairs that it was given a try. No way would that have been given to us

Avenger

Immortal
Come home, JONNY
Parramatta have offered Jon Mannah the chance to return home and play alongside older brother and Blues Origin front-rower Tim at the Eels. But the Sharks have come up with a counter offer after initially telling the younger Mannah they did not have room for him next year. It has left the 21-year old with a tough decision to make.

Jennings Smokes Eels
Michael Jennings has denied a hot rumour that has come across my desk…that arch rivals Parramatta are trying to sign him for 2012. Jennings had a solid argument against the idea. “Why would I go to Parramatta? I hate them,” he told RLW.

Source: The Mole, Rugby League Week, page 6, 20 July 2011.

Joel Reddy will miss the rest of this year with a torn pectoral and has already turned his attention towards 2012, and a fresh start with the Tigers. The 2010 City Origin rep last week signed with the Tigers form the eels for 2012-13. “Well, I wasn’t really offered anything from Parramatta. In the end,” Reddy tells RLW. “I get to play with Benji Marshall, Adam Blair is going there and Gareth Ellis too. And just being able to learn under Tim Sheens, who is an established coach, I think that will be great for me. I’m going there with the mindset that I can play centre, wing, fullback and even in the back row.”

Source: From the sheds, Rugby League Week, page 38, 20 July 2011.

SDM

First Grade
Come home, JONNY
Parramatta have offered Jon Mannah the chance to return home and play alongside older brother and Blues Origin front-rower Tim at the Eels. But the Sharks have come up with a counter offer after initially telling the younger Mannah they did not have room for him next year. It has left the 21-year old with a tough decision to make.

Jennings Smokes Eels
Michael Jennings has denied a hot rumour that has come across my desk…that arch rivals Parramatta are trying to sign him for 2012. Jennings had a solid argument against the idea. “Why would I go to Parramatta? I hate them,” he told RLW.

Joel Reddy will miss the rest of this year with a torn pectoral and has already turned his attention towards 2012, and a fresh start with the Tigers. The 2010 City Origin rep last week signed with the Tigers form the eels for 2012-13. “Well, I wasn’t really offered anything from Parramatta. In the end,” Reddy tells RLW. “I get to play with Benji Marshall, Adam Blair is going there and Gareth Ellis too. And just being able to learn under Tim Sheens, who is an established coach, I think that will be great for me. I’m going there with the mindset that I can play centre, wing, fullback and even in the back row.”

lol, well disguised

Eelementary

Post Whore
Come home, JONNY

Jennings Smokes Eels

I'd welcome John back in a heartbeat. Always rated him higher in the lower grades (sorry, Timmy).

Jennings...Pft.

Reddy...Double pft.

Eels Dude

Coach
Reddy will get a first choice run for sure. He's no superstar, but he is a genuine first grader. I still think he's a better player at this stage than Esi Tonga, Morgan, and Loko who will be fighting for the centre positions for us next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True but he's not going to get any better.

In the Tigers 1-5 you'd think only Lawrence is guaranteed a spot. After that there's Ayshford, Tuqiri and Reddy. Beau Ryan said on the footy show that he'll be staying. Matt Utai is coming off contract but there's also the kids in their NYC team.

Bazal

Post Whore
Can't see Reddy ousting Lawrence and Ayshford, both are better players. I get the feeling he'll play fullback

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Reddy tells RLW. “I’m going there with the mindset that I can play centre, wing, fullback and even in the back row.”
Good luck in the backrow Joel :crazy:

And just being able to learn under Tim Sheens, who is an established coach
I hate people that make niggly comments after - or in this case, before - they leave.

Piss off dickhead.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I don't agree at all.

THIS.
That's how I see it too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah I'm pretty sure he's already signed with the Tigers.

Unless you mean one of our guys gives Joel his premiership ring like Thurston did for Steve Price.

The Colonel

Immortal
What are the odds that Joel ends up with a premiership ring next year......

Considering the players the Tigers have let go to sign Blair I would guess no. Their depth wll be tested next year and it even looks like Simon Dwyer may well be forced to retire. They have some good youngsters in their Undr 20's side but they are letting go youngsters they have spent the past two or three years developing.

Bazal said:
We've been linked to Jake Mullaney...by his mother

Mrs Mullaney said other clubs had shown interest including Parramatta and Cronulla.
http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.a...n/2232319.aspx

Interesting. I can't understand how McKinnon and Moltzen are continually picked ahead of this kid. He was far and away one of the standout players in the 2009 NYC season but can't get a gig outside of NSW Cup for them. Would be a valuable pick up if we did sign him and they continue with Hayne at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts