What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
As did these two... Quinlan looks like a better preposition than Kelly as back up 7 or 1.[/QUOTE

Even though I have doubts about ZDC, would prefer him at 7 , Kelly seems to be missing in defence, poor overall kicking game and no running game. Matterson could have played himself into half back up

caylo

Bench
I watched moat of the match, i thought our backs were ok and in defence we generally slide well except for a few instances which lead to tries. The back 3 were v. Good in attack and defence, champion was solid and morgs was avg at best. Crooks and folau did ok when on but let in a very soft try, both may supersede morgs by year end. Quinlan didnt do much but had little opportunity.

Our halves: Norman was pretty good but kelly really killed any momentum, i could see the damage he would do with sandow on the end of a few of his plays. Matterson came on and had some very nice touches but he ran a few hit up like a backrow which has me worried they are looking to him as a forward more so then a half. Kelly was abysmal, everything he touch went south.

Forwards : Mannah, Jnr Paulo, Manu, Tepia and watmough looked very good when on together, goo balanced pack. I didn't notice lussick much, Pauli and sef did ok but nothing to write home about. Gower was close to our best when on and added a lot of second phase play.

Hooker: DeGois was tough but i think we looked better and had more fluidity with peats on, he just runs at the right times and makes space for the other 12 blokes. I dont know if i would be taking peats off but i think DeGois has to be in the 17, he is definitely one of our better and more reliable players

My team round 1
Hoppa
Robinson
Takairangi
Champion
Semi
Norman
Sandow
Mannah
Peats
Lussick
Mau
Tepai
Watmough

DeGois, Jnr Paulo, Gower, Pauli/Sef/Uelesi

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
As did these two... Quinlan looks like a better preposition than Kelly as back up 7 or 1.[/QUOTE

Even though I have doubts about ZDC, would prefer him at 7 , Kelly seems to be missing in defence, poor overall kicking game and no running game. Matterson could have played himself into half back up

Agreed, and currently, Quinlan looks like a better player than ZDC.
ZDC did not play well for Wenty.
Matterson looked very promising.

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I watched moat of the match, i thought our backs were ok and in defence we generally slide well except for a few instances which lead to tries. The back 3 were v. Good in attack and defence, champion was solid and morgs was avg at best. Crooks and folau did ok when on but let in a very soft try, both may supersede morgs by year end. Quinlan didnt do much but had little opportunity.

Our halves: Norman was pretty good but kelly really killed any momentum, i could see the damage he would do with sandow on the end of a few of his plays. Matterson came on and had some very nice touches but he ran a few hit up like a backrow which has me worried they are looking to him as a forward more so then a half. Kelly was abysmal, everything he touch went south.

Forwards : Mannah, Jnr Paulo, Manu, Tepia and watmough looked very good when on together, goo balanced pack. I didn't notice lussick much, Pauli and sef did ok but nothing to write home about. Gower was close to our best when on and added a lot of second phase play.

Hooker: DeGois was tough but i think we looked better and had more fluidity with peats on, he just runs at the right times and makes space for the other 12 blokes. I dont know if i would be taking peats off but i think DeGois has to be in the 17, he is definitely one of our better and more reliable players

My team round 1
Hoppa
Robinson
Takairangi
Champion
Semi
Norman
Sandow
Mannah
Peats
Lussick
Mau
Tepai
Watmough

DeGois, Jnr Paulo, Gower, Pauli/Sef/Uelesi

Agreed bar Peats and De Gois.
It looked very good having De Gois on 1st doing all the heavy tackling, etc.
Then we unleash Peats for the final 20 minutes of the 1st half.
Peats is faster and will cause more damage in the final 20 minutes of the 1st half.
Second half is a huge challenge as to what to do with these two awesome players.
My preference is to leave Peats on and bring back De Gois if defence is critically required.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matterson came on and had some very nice touches but he ran a few hit up like a backrow which has me worried they are looking to him as a forward more so then a half.

He played right half, but being a kid with no experience he was the backup playmaker to Norman. So he strengthened our defensive line on his side, and completed his tackles, but in attack he just made some hit ups to give the forwards a rest. And because he's big he contributed to the go forward, like some centres and fullbacks that make hit ups. It's just about taking a couple of runs to help the team. If you've got a big strong bloke like Matterson he won't get dominated in the tackle. Why not give him some runs?

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok well i will put my expert notes on this game.
Hoppa-Looked sharp-Sure he is no Hayne but he will go ok.
Robo-Adds speed and our smartest back(2-4)
Semi-Had some strong runs
Norman-well nothing bad but nothing overly good.

Neither centre impressed me TBH.I wouldnt be suprised if crooks or one of the other young guys pushed thru mid year.

Seph gets a spot in the 17, if has to be over gower so be it.He is a better player.

Degois looked good but Peats looked better.Was like wathcing s solid first grader to a guy capable of origin IMO.

Mannah worked hard as usual and even made a few nice charges.

The forwards all worked ok.I dont think anyone stood out overly but it was a trial-Manu and Jnr Paulo both looked to have good leg drive.

Matterson did have a few nice touches and would be first option for back up half IMO.
Kelly probably played the worse game ive seen him play thou.That stuff can happen.But gee he was ordinary.

My biggest concern out of this game was our centres both looked a little ordinary.And our attack was a little all over the place.But considering our best player will be replacing the guy who was our worse player its a little easier too manage.

caylo

Bench
He played right half, but being a kid with no experience he was the backup playmaker to Norman. So he strengthened our defensive line on his side, and completed his tackles, but in attack he just made some hit ups to give the forwards a rest. And because he's big he contributed to the go forward, like some centres and fullbacks that make hit ups. It's just about taking a couple of runs to help the team. If you've got a big strong bloke like Matterson he won't get dominated in the tackle. Why not give him some runs?

No doubt but thats not what halves should be doing unless it necessary and in therr were others around to take hit ups but maybe that is mattersons game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No doubt but thats not what halves should be doing unless it necessary and in therr were others around to take hit ups but maybe that is mattersons game.

Well that's not all he did - he still plugged into the structure at first receiver on the right hand side. It's just that he was obviously told to dummy and run if he saw a gap and so Norman and Paulo were able to get into first and second receiver on the next play.

yy_cheng

Coach
Has Robinson played in the centres before? He has the footwork in attack to play there and would like to see him get more if the ball.

Then just pick a winger

Noise

Coach
Has Robinson played in the centres before? He has the footwork in attack to play there and would like to see him get more if the ball.

Then just pick a winger

Wingers usually get more ball than centres as they field kick returns, often scoot from dummy half on the 2nd tackle and often take the 20m restart.

Centres need to be good defenders, both tackling and decision making, which Reece Robinson certainly is not.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-gamble-hits-the-jackpot-20150221-13l6kt.html

The situation with Kieran Foran is less complicated. Foran has nothing but friends at Manly, and is one of the most respected players in the NRL. His issue is not money – it's long-term success.

He wants to play in a side that can win competitions; the money can look after itself. Foran will compare what Manly have to offer only with successful clubs – such as the Roosters and the Bulldogs – or a team with potential to be something, like the Eels. What he has to comprehend and is too modest to ever admit is that wherever he goes that club will be successful.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Don't worry, yy. At least you didn't suggest something like Morgan to fullback. Of course, no one would be that stupid.

:lol::lol:

When it comes to stupidity there must be many a wreckage to be found amongst the his-story/her-story of all the outspoken posters coming from the inner sanctum of this most prestigious forum. :lol: Not sure if I am included in this "highly selective fold" but have been made to look stupid with some of my footy player views too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.