What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderdan

Bench
does anyone think this scandal may stretch to other clubs before it's over? I wouldn't be surprised if players implicated started naming others in an attempt to lessen their own penalty. seems this little thing has had more shame than the blackest day in Australian sport a couple of years ago.

on a side note, made me laugh a little when the super rugby commentators were talking about c-bomb last night and had to point out that what allegedly happened was while c-bomb was contracted to the afl, not super rugby (love a bit of disassociation to save face) like if the allegations are true, it had something to do with the other code and he would've stopped once starting in super rugby if he hadn't been pinched. complete dicks.

does anyone think this scandal may stretch to other clubs before it's over? I wouldn't be surprised if players implicated started naming others in an attempt to lessen their own penalty. seems this little thing has had more shame than the blackest day in Australian sport a couple of years ago.

With respect to this particular enquiry, it is only likely to catch QLD based players (as it is the result of an attempt to nail a ring operating predominantly up there)....but never say never.

bartman

Immortal
lol at Bird and Taylor.

This is looking worse for the Titans than the ASADA breaches were for the Sharks.

Essentially QLD's finest have managed to grab themselves a few high profile bottom feeders. I look forward to their announcements detailing the the arrests of dealers who are at the top of the foodchain, dealing in kg's, rather than a few grams for some mates.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Essentially QLD's finest have managed to grab themselves a few high profile bottom feeders. I look forward to their announcements detailing the the arrests of dealers who are at the top of the foodchain, dealing in kg's, rather than a few grams for some mates.

Are you in some way trying to minimise the actions of the Titans players? Reading the papers, they're busting people large quantities of stuff all the time. Just like they do all over the world.

hindy111

Post Whore
Where are the Rhys Robinson Knockers?
I know ive backed him and a few others have been quite vocal about him beeing a decent buy.
Where are the knockers thou?

The Colonel

Immortal
Where are the Rhys Robinson Knockers?
I know ive backed him and a few others have been quite vocal about him beeing a decent buy.
Where are the knockers thou?

Still not completely convinced off the back of one game. More than happy to be wrong if he scores tries and continues in the vein he is in now. Time will tell.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.foxsports.com.au/breakin...tar-kieran-foran/story-e6frf33c-1227234562262

NRL 2015: Parramatta Eels prepared to pay nearly $5m to secure Manly star Kieran Foran

Dean Ritchie Exclusive
The Daily Telegraph
February 22, 2015 11:00PM

PARRAMATTA has squirrelled away a war chest worth nearly $5 million in a bid to lure superstar Kieran Foran away from Manly.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Eels have offered Foran a four-year deal worth about $1.2 million a season in one of the biggest contracts in the club’s 68-year history.

With the Eels’ salary cap becoming clearer, and given Jarryd Hayne’s departure to pursue an NFL career, Parramatta want Foran for the rest of his career.

The 24-year-old is yet to decide whether he will stay at Brookvale after his Manly contract expires at the end of this season. Canterbury, the Sydney Roosters and New Zealand Warriors are also among Foran’s suitors.

Parramatta though believe that no rival club can out bid them when it comes to money.

Foran, along with Manly teammate Daly Cherry-Evans, is the hottest property on the NRL open market. There were suggestions yesterday that Foran may try and announce his future in the next week or two.

Manly still remain highly confident Foran will re-sign, the Kiwi Four Nations winning five-eighth a strong admirer of Manly owner Rick Penn.

“We are very close,” said Manly CEO Joe Kelly. “The talks with Kieran and his manager have been productive and encouraging.”

Foran is fiercely loyal and won’t be driven by money but Parramatta’s offer will be massive.

The Eels won’t formally table an offer until Foran determines whether he actually wants to leave Manly. Parramatta has though made contact with Foran’s management company, SFX Sports. If Foran does quit Manly, Parramatta is ready to swoop.

“We’re hopeful,” admitted Eels CEO Scott Seward said. “I think our club can put forward a good case and provide opportunities for Kieran into the future.

“We want him to come here for the right reasons. The club is building a really good squad where we have competition in all positions.

“The club wants to compete for premierships in the not too distant future and we want to be playing finals football every year. Kieran would be a very good asset to help us achieve those goals.”

Asked was his club being irresponsible by offering such hefty money, Seward said: “No, we are not. We won’t be making the same mistakes of the past where the club threw around sizeable contracts worth a lot of money. We want players who want to come to our club.”

The recent re-signings of Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai at Manly will enhance the club’s chances of keeping Foran, who would be the logical Manly skipper when Lyon retires.

“We have tabled our best offers (to Foran and Cherry-Evans) and we are waiting for them to make a decision,” Kelly said.

Foran would however know plenty of familiar faces at Parramatta with former Sea Eagles Anthony Watmough, Will Hopoate, Darcy Lussick and David Gower now in Eels colours. Parramatta coach Brad Arthur is an ex-Manly assistant coach.

“We want to to win the premiership every year but that can’t be done,” Seward said. “But we want to challenge for the title each season.”

Manly are unsure whether the Gold Coast drug drama will deter Cherry-Evans from joining the club.

Forty20

First Grade
I reckon we could get Keiran for a pie and coke (the drink, just to be clear in these topical times) deal to be honest.

How hard could it be to get Four'N Twenty pies and Coke on board as third party sponsors given how perfectly it writes itself?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-over-insurance-concerns-20150222-13lij9.html

NRL refuse to register Parramatta's Richie Fa'aoso’s contract over insurance concerns

Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer

Richie Fa'aoso's dream of a comeback from a broken neck appears to be dashed after the NRL failed to register the Parramatta's recruit contract because of insurance concerns.

Fairfax Media has learnt that the NRL informed Fa'aoso of its decision on Friday after the Eels tried to lodge a contract. Despite receiving a medical clearance to play, concerns surrounding insurance are holding the 30-year-old back from returning to the field.

Under the NRL's new insurance policy, players are covered up to $1 million for total and permanent disability injuries. However, it is understood because of Fa'aoso's pre-existing injury he did not qualify for the scheme and could only find cover of up to $250,000, which was not enough for the NRL to allow him to return.

An NRL spokesman confirmed Fa'aoso's contact had not been registered.

"Richie had a career-ending injury at Manly but then sought to return to the game," a NRL spokesman said. "We had a series of medical and insurance requirements that he needed to meet to get clearance to resume his career. Unfortunately he has not been able to secure the necessary insurance cover so we've been unable to register his contract."

Although unlikely, Fa'aoso could potentially return should the Eels find a suitable insurer. He would need to find cover of $1 million before the NRL would consider to look at his request again.

The NRL originally asked the Eels to provide a medical clearance for Fa'aoso before he returned to the field. After successfully receiving the clearance, the NRL then requested insurance.

Fa'aoso retired from rugby league after breaking his neck while playing for Manly in their preliminary final win against South Sydney in 2013. The C7 fracture saw him miss the club's grand final loss to the Roosters.

He inked a one-year deal with the Eels in October after receiving a medical clearance. Fa'aoso spoke of his excitement having been given the green light to return to football.

"He said the bone had fused itself back together and there was no movement there at all," Fa'aoso told Fairfax Media in September. "He asked me if I was interested in going back [to rugby league] and I said, 'Bloody oath!'

"I was over the moon when I got that last scan. The surgeon said if I wanted to go back to playing, he would give me a clearance. I'm stoked. My son was wondering why I stopped playing.

"I was one of those guys who left it a bit late. With this second chance, I'll be sorting out what I can do with life after footy as well. That's very important.
"It's good I can now go out there and support the fame, do what I need to do."

The Eels are expected to find an off-field role for Fa'aoso. The rugby league journeyman made his debut for the Panthers in 2004 before playing for the Roosters, Eels Newcastle, Melbourne and Manly. He also had one season stint with Castleford in the English Super League.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm guessing Fa'aso wasn't going to be Top 25 in any case. Unfortunately i still think it's a position we are a overrated in

Status
Not open for further replies.