What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Norman isn't off contract until 2017. I reckon Sandow is the one we won't renew if we snag Foran.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a suprise the NRL going out of their way to screw Parra over, they love our club jumping through hoops. Who can forget Peats stood down for a game last year but Sutton is fine to play the WCC. Rules for some and not for others.

What a suprise the NRL going out of their way to screw Parra over, they love our club jumping through hoops. Who can forget Peats stood down for a game last year but Sutton is fine to play the WCC. Rules for some and not for others.

What are you talking about mate? The Fa'oso thing?

Noise

Coach
"We want him to come for the right reasons"

"We won’t be making the same mistakes of the past where the club threw around sizeable contracts worth a lot of money."

$1.2million a season????

Very disappointed for Richie. Seems ridiculous.

Also, Foran can get f**ked, the overrated money-grubbing merkin. Unless he signs with us, and then he's just fine by me.

Y2Eel

First Grade
"We want him to come for the right reasons"

"We won?t be making the same mistakes of the past where the club threw around sizeable contracts worth a lot of money."

$1.2million a season????

I am not sure where the 1.2 Million a season came from.. We havent formally offered him a cent but we are offering him 1.2 million a season for 4 seasons?

hindy111

Post Whore
Was a risky pickup to begin with knowing his history.
We are down two forwards now before the season starts in KE and Fa'aasso. Both would of played some or a lot of first grade this year so big loss IMO.

Yeah mate, they ask just for the doctors clearance and he gets that now it's all about insurance knowing he has no hope. When was the last time this club copped a break from rhe NRL, ARL or NSWRL even??? 1986????

This is a tricky one for the NRL though, as if the worst or 2nd worst thing were to happen they would likely be stuck with an enormous liability....given the known pre-existing condition. It's sad that the world has got to this state but I can't really blame the NRL in this case. Hopefully we can find an insurer or a means of reducing liability if things go wrong.

jk13

First Grade
might be a chance for someone like alavaro? to step up, do you reckon hes made of the right stuff?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Alvaro didn't get a run in the first grade trial whereas Terepo did. Plus there's Wicks to fit into the team. We might have struggled to fit Fa'aoso in anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Alvaro would do a job.He would never be a star IMO and the ceiling doesnt look that high.I think Uelsai would be a better prospect.

hindy111

Post Whore
Alvaro didn't get a run in the first grade trial whereas Terepo did. Plus there's Wicks to fit into the team. We might have struggled to fit Fa'aoso in anyway.

But there will be injuries Pou. At full strenght i would say richie or wicks would of fought it out for one of the 4th prop spots on bench(if gower wasnt used as a prop)
As much as our hopes are High for wicks-He hasnt played in what 4-5 yrs? Games changed a lot, Terepo would have to be above him early on.

Forty20

First Grade
The Wenty pecking order is had to tell at the moment. I think Pauli is the leading candidate among all forwards to push up. Brad Arthur had him playing big minutes in the pre-season (40min vs Tigers NSW Cup, ??? vs Tigers NRL, 40+min vs Penrith NSW Cup, ~30min vs Penrith NRL) and a lot tighter even though he was on the edges. His contact carrying the ball and in defence has improved nicely.

Alvaro is definitely a toiler, great work ethic and attitude and he wouldn't let you down in that sense but he isn't an ideal bench prop. In that regard Danny Wicks is probably the other best candidate but he is lacking in match fitness so he may come into calculations after a few rounds in the NSW Cup.

Peni Terepo is also there abouts but he may have fallen behind the likes of Wicks and Pauli.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
With Watmough on the field we don't really need 4 props running around. We could even go with 3 "props" and 2 "locks". I believe a middle rotation of: Mannah, Jnr Paulo, Lussick, Watmough, and Gower is quite good maybe not the best going around but it's physical and good enough to make metres and prevent the opposition making metres. Add in Ma'u and Moeroa on the edges who work just as hard as the middle forwards do and we definitely don't need 4 "props" in the 17.

As for Alvaro he certainly wouldn't look out of place on the bench, he has a good work-rate and is mobile enough to play the fast defensive line speed that was a major factor in our win on Saturday afternoon. With the depth that we have this year he may not get a run and next year he may have a few players closer to him in the pecking order.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Let's say we snag Foran - what happens with Matterson?

matterson looks like a natural lock to me, in the old brad fittler/trent barrett mould. he's f**king huuge and still growing, is scary.

matto and norman in the halves would have to be the tallest halves pairing ever?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With Watmough on the field we don't really need 4 props running around. We could even go with 3 "props" and 2 "locks". I believe a middle rotation of: Mannah, Jnr Paulo, Lussick, Watmough, and Gower is quite good maybe not the best going around but it's physical and good enough to make metres and prevent the opposition making metres. Add in Ma'u and Moeroa on the edges who work just as hard as the middle forwards do and we definitely don't need 4 "props" in the 17.

As for Alvaro he certainly wouldn't look out of place on the bench, he has a good work-rate and is mobile enough to play the fast defensive line speed that was a major factor in our win on Saturday afternoon. With the depth that we have this year he may not get a run and next year he may have a few players closer to him in the pecking order.

Probably why Pauli could be good option, he can play edge or middle and can be used however the game plays out. And he can continue to be eased into NRL.

I reckon Seffa will also get a top 17 spot, so there is another Middle player. Plenty of options for Arthur to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.