What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
And just signed up with the bulldogs as
Well as the other brothers!!

Gotta say that signing the Mattamerkin brothers is a massive coup. Signings like these are a once in 20 year thing and historically, often achieved by the Dogs. An admirable achievement to say the least.

Noise

Coach
Gotta say that signing the Mattamerkin brothers is a massive coup. Signings like these are a once in 20 year thing and historically, often achieved by the Dogs. An admirable achievement to say the least.

Didn't souths sign a bunch of burgess brothers about 5 years ago?

half_back

Juniors

Great signings for them. So what now becomes of Loko? They now have massive depth in the outside backs with also the young kid Rona for the Cowboys and Lafai and Morris set in the centres. Their back row is stocked for Jackson, Williams, Eastwood, Finucane, Pritchard.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It hasn't been confirmed the brothers are going to the dogs. The article actually quotes gidley as saying they had agreed to stay.

Gronk

Staff member
It hasn't been confirmed the brothers are going to the dogs. The article actually quotes gidley as saying they had agreed to stay.

They said on Fox Sports this AM that the brothers have until Rnd 13 next year to change their mind.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Sione will play fullback for them. In Newcastle he would have had to play centre because Jake Mamo is too small to play in the front line.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah back-ending deals so you can get heaps of great players in the same team all at once and then just as those contracts are about to expire get out of there.

IFR33K

Coach
Yeah back-ending deals so you can get heaps of great players in the same team all at once and then just as those contracts are about to expire get out of there.

Manly has been the benchmark team over the past ten years.

Love them or loathe them, there is no denying this.

Noise

Coach
They didn't lose anyone of note for 3 years after he left. Des has done an incredible job balancing the salary cap and his star players at both the dogs and manly. 5 out of 8 years in grand finals proves it. And manly being in one 2 years after he left and giving it a good shake this year is a good indicator too.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Also Manly would have probably been in this years GF as well if they didn't lose watmough, Stewart, burher and ballin for the finals

I just read that they signed for 2016. I guess that's a real good move, for 2015 I wasn't so keen.

Sam Perrett and Corey Thompson will be off contract next season and doubt they'll get another and Mitch Brown is leaving to the shire next season. Drury Lowe also hasn't been resigned.

If Hodkinson get's resigned (highly likely) the team in 2016 would look something like:

1. Sione Mata'utia
2. Pat Mata'utia
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Chanel Mata'utia
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Liccha
10. Aidan Tolman
11. Tony Williams
12. Josh Jackson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Frank Prichard/Jacob Loko
16. David Klemmer
17. Lloyd Perrett

Chipmunk

Coach
I just read that they signed for 2016. I guess that's a real good move, for 2015 I wasn't so keen.

Sam Perrett and Corey Thompson will be off contract next season and doubt they'll get another and Mitch Brown is leaving to the shire next season. Drury Lowe also hasn't been resigned.

If Hodkinson get's resigned (highly likely) the team in 2016 would look something like:

1. Sione Mata'utia
2. Pat Mata'utia
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Chanel Mata'utia
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Liccha
10. Aidan Tolman
11. Tony Williams
12. Josh Jackson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Frank Prichard/Jacob Loko
16. David Klemmer
17. Lloyd Perrett

Where will they be playing Brett Morris? NSW Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.