What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings and More Crap XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
Manly == Dad's Army.The SeaGulls need to refreshen the squad with young blokes...few of their 'big name players' have seen better days.....and couldn't go with Parra when Eels turned it 'on'.

Norman needs some conditioning, I think.

I saw someone posted some Twitter thingy where the boys were laughing at Norman for being "skinny fat" and someone posted in the game thread about how Norman dummies and runs at the right time but nothing comes of it because he has a soft collision.

Take a look at training pictures of Norman and he isn't built very strongly.

So, basically, we just need to harden him up a bit, maybe get a little bit more speed out of him.

He combines well enough with his centre/winger so if he was able to exploit his reading of the game into an effective running game then he would become a great player and we wouldn't need Foran or DCE.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Norman has (relatively) big legs and a skinny upper body. It's a decent build for most of what he needs to do on the field. If he got bigger up top it would mean carrying extra weight which would slow him down and add to his fatigue.

I can't put a finger on what's wrong with Norman's game - it's like sometimes he executes perfectly and other times his execution is below NRL standard. I guess consistency is his problem.

One thing I do like is that he knows when to hold 'em.

#AlsoWhenToFold'Em

Yeah, maybe Norman could benefit from a visit to Mr Dank. Miss three weeks of the off-season and return with a footballer's body. Might even let him take that tape off his knee, too.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Norman has (relatively) big legs and a skinny upper body. It's a decent build for most of what he needs to do on the field. If he got bigger up top it would mean carrying extra weight which would slow him down and add to his fatigue.

I can't put a finger on what's wrong with Norman's game - it's like sometimes he executes perfectly and other times his execution is below NRL standard. I guess consistency is his problem.

One thing I do like is that he knows when to hold 'em.

#AlsoWhenToFold'Em

I think it's just experience?

He's been in that fullback role for a number of years, give him another year or so in the 6 jersey (and perhaps just another 3-4kgs of upper body strength), and he'll be more 'precise' in his decision making.

TheRam

Coach
Norman needs to run onto the ball more as a second receiver linking with the backs. He gets the ball in flat situations to many times and due to his lack of speed takes to long to wind up and threaten the line. He needs to be in motion and then he is very dangerous and can make things happen.

Norman needs to run onto the ball more as a second receiver linking with the backs. He gets the ball in flat situations to many times and due to his lack of speed takes to long to wind up and threaten the line. He needs to be in motion and then he is very dangerous and can make things happen.

He ran last night, but very much on a diagonal toward the corner (in the first half). That worked well if Edwards was there to straigten it, but if it was only him and Morgs etc everyone seemed to be running the same line.

hindy111

Post Whore
A lot of people said the same thing about Lockyer when he moved to 5/8.It took him 18mths to really get going there.And behind a great forward pack.
At age 23 Norman just needs to continue too learn the position.With Sandow and Hayne in the team he probably doesn't need to do a lot.I thought his Bombs where a little bit low and maybe should take the line on a bit more. He does have soft hands and a decent pass.Just needs to put it altogether.

Not so much bigger as tighter.

Look at photos of him and he's skinny but flabby. That needs to go and be replaced with a little muscle. A tad extra speed wouldn't go astray, either.

Sure, it probably means a bit more weight but, hopefully, it would also mean a bit more power in his upper body.

It could be the difference between popping his head through enough to get a ball away, or even breaking the tackle every now and then.

lingard

Coach
The more our young forwards step up, centre is becoming the priority. Watmong doesn't fit the culture we're trying to build, but another veteran in the forwards would b desirable

That's what I reckon. We need another classy centre. I'm hoping Hoppoate consolidates next year, but I really don't see Morgan as our future. I actually wouldn't mind Krisnan Inu at left centre. He's classy enough to give Radradra a lot of quality ball and he's a top notch goal-kicker. I reckon Arthur could improve his work ethic and keep him focussed for the full eighty minutes, too. At his best, Inu is a gun centre.

yy_cheng

Coach

That's my take on it too

He doesn't have sandow acceleration so he has to run onto the ball

Hayne ran onto the ball when he was at first receiver

Kenny did that extremely well too

lingard

Coach
Norman needs some conditioning, I think.

I saw someone posted some Twitter thingy where the boys were laughing at Norman for being "skinny fat" and someone posted in the game thread about how Norman dummies and runs at the right time but nothing comes of it because he has a soft collision.

Take a look at training pictures of Norman and he isn't built very strongly.

So, basically, we just need to harden him up a bit, maybe get a little bit more speed out of him.

He combines well enough with his centre/winger so if he was able to exploit his reading of the game into an effective running game then he would become a great player and we wouldn't need Foran or DCE.

I totally agree. Except that I don't understand how an NRL player could be out of condition in round 24. He hasn't missed more than one or two games, either.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's what I reckon. We need another classy centre. I'm hoping Hoppoate consolidates next year, but I really don't see Morgan as our future. I actually wouldn't mind Krisnan Inu at left centre. He's classy enough to give Radradra a lot of quality ball and he's a top notch goal-kicker. I reckon Arthur could improve his work ethic and keep him focussed for the full eighty minutes, too. At his best, Inu is a gun centre.

Are you one of these blokes who only watches the team with the ball?

hindy111

Post Whore
Beau Champion is signing with another Sydney club.

Roosters-Doubt it
Penrith -NO
Manly-Doubt it
Dragons-Doubt it.
Dogs-NO

That's leaves sharks and tigers or Parra. A few people mentioned he may join parra.I reckon its our new centre for next year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Earl was a pretty average footballer, and with a name like Shandor and those tats that's a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts