What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

age.s

First Grade
People have been calling Taylan to Centre in 24 for a while now. Is there anything concrete in that or is it just speculation?

MugaB

Coach
I hope so.
Why, its not often we RL clubs can carry a bench forward that can teach the younger guys coming thru how to prepare for 1st grade, whilst filling in gaps for our origin forwards when needed, not every signing in the top 30, needs to be a world beater, guys like matt eisenhuth are a rarity, im stoaked if he stays till he retires, i doubt he demands to much on the cap, even so he knows our systems and can lead our cup guys

Why, its not often we RL clubs can carry a bench forward that can teach the younger guys coming thru how to prepare for 1st grade, whilst filling in gaps for our origin forwards when needed, not every signing in the top 30, needs to be a world beater, guys like matt eisenhuth are a rarity, im stoaked if he stays till he retires, i doubt he demands to much on the cap, even so he knows our systems and can lead our cupd guys
Liam Henry has filled in admiralty. He needs more top grade experience.

Goonji

Juniors
People have been calling Taylan to Centre in 24 for a while now. Is there anything concrete in that or is it just speculation?
He is listed as a centre on the Panthers website.

Kilkenny

Coach
He’s played plenty of centre in NSW cup. Looked really good as well
I watch a lot of the juniors and and NSW Cup. I must be honest I don’t have a recollection of him playing too much in the centres.

Taylan seemed to emerge on the scene very quickly and as I say I don’t have a great recollection of his junior days.

Really hope he comes back from his ACL issue, it can be a tough injury to come back from but he appears from all accounts to be busting his arse of in rehab.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I watch a lot of the juniors and and NSW Cup. I must be honest I don’t have a recollection of him playing too much in the centres.

Taylan seemed to emerge on the scene very quickly and as I say I don’t have a great recollection of his junior days.

Really hope he comes back from his ACL issue, it can be a tough injury to come back from but he appears from all accounts to be busting his arse of in rehab.
He played plenty of Centre on the left with Tago playing inside him in the back row. In NSW cup

Kilkenny

Coach
He played plenty of Centre on the left with Tago playing inside him in the back row. In NSW cup
No doubt.

They both sort of emerged during that Covid period when we were in that horrid lockdown.

I can’t remember much about Isaac Tago either it is an old age thing I guess.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No doubt.

They both sort of emerged during that Covid period when we were in that horrid lockdown.

I can’t remember much about Isaac Tago either it is an old age thing I guess.
They were a devastating left edge with Tommy Jenkins as well. They switched around all year before moving to the NRL

it was great

Kilkenny

Coach
They were a devastating left edge with Tommy Jenkins as well. They switched around all year before moving to the NRL

it was great
Tago has been a revelation. We have been blessed. NeEd to unearth another centre or two but the production line seems to be working and there may be a number options to replace Stephen Crichton.

Crashtest

Juniors
NeEd to unearth another centre or two but the production line seems to be working and there may be a number options to replace Stephen Crichton.

From those that have seen a lot of him in lower grades, does Jesse McLean have what it takes to be a first grade centre, or his more suited to the wing?

Latest posts