What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He will get that centre spot. I was just putting it out there that he would be a good 14 as he can slot in those 3 positions. Yes jnr days he was 9.
I didn’t know that.

It’s certainly not something he’s training for or even thinking about.

He’s a talented guy though, I’m sure he’d be able to make it work.

Girds89

Bench
Have said for years id like billy burns back. Really hope that happens. He has plemty of positives.

Is Staines comes back at minimum im ok with it.. anything more than that to play nsw cup is to much..

Turuva has killed it this year.. hes safe as houses.. and he carts the ball back so hard and gets us on the front foot.

For me i like the coverage with jenkins and daeon on the wings. Jesse mclean can cover the wing too.

So thats 3 good options.

Tiny probs has been training for centre and im sure he will get a shot there in pre season. Having peach for another year is good coverage there too.. jack cole will have benefited a lot from defending at 5/8 all year in cup.. people should wright him off for centre either.

Daine laurie will be good cover for dyl or luai.

Which is what makes the staines signing weird if it happens. We have enough coverage and they are on minimum and all have really good potential.

GongPanther

Referee
Did it come out before the sharks game? Buzz likes to write something to try and unsettle the Panthers every time we play his team.
Buzz has learned his lesson. I think it was after Staines scored 4 tries and we piled 50 on his beloved Sharks. The Prime Minister Sco-Mo, was there to witness it. All went downhill from there for the PM. IMO, every time we play the Sharks, I rekon someone pins old Buzz's sht stirring stories about the Panthers.

GongPanther

Referee
That rate him highly. They fought very hard a couple of years ago when the Storm were very close to getting him. Probably true they have given him more rope compared to other young players coming through. They clearly see something in him.
I agree with @betcats his role should be more defined. I think they are still trying to work it out tbh.
And considering his age, they might be waiting for that maturity factor to kick in. If he is going to be a prop, that will take time.

Hooked

Juniors
Buzz has learned his lesson. I think it was after Staines scored 4 tries and we piled 50 on his beloved Sharks. The Prime Minister Sco-Mo, was there to witness it. All went downhill from there for the PM. IMO, every time we play the Sharks, I rekon someone pins old Buzz's sht stirring stories about the Panthers.

Rothfield still has the odd dig at us. Not as bad as the past.
His main focus is his obsession with Gould at the Dogs. He barely goes a week without mentioning him.

And considering his age, they might be waiting for that maturity factor to kick in. If he is going to be a prop, that will take time.
Agree with waiting for maturity.
Age means nothing to the Panthers. If a young bloke is good enough after being hardened up in reserve grade then he is transitioned to first grade.
In recent times blokes like Sorenson and Hosking have cemented spots after age 25 and barring injuries have a few years left.
This idea of "give the exciting young talent a go" has gotten out of control now.
Let the experts fill the roster. They've done a pretty fair job in the last few years.

betcats

Referee
I didn’t know that.

It’s certainly not something he’s training for or even thinking about.

He’s a talented guy though, I’m sure he’d be able to make it work.

He was a hooker during SG ball in 2019. I doubt its on the cards for him anymore, it would be interesting if we got desperate though, with his running game he could be good there.

betcats

Referee
I am still high on Mav, he has size and skill and he is a hard worker on the field. High defensive workrate etc. Sometimes people expect to much from young players, we've had some exceptional young talents come through and look like stars at every level but not every player develops like that way. We have a few examples of that in our NRL side currently. Even a guy like Lindsay who was a star in HS before injuries held him out for a couple years took some time to develop. I would argue he was never really a stand out in cup, he was good at that level certainly but there was nothing in his on field performances to suggest he would step up to NRL and not miss a beat. Since stepping up there have been plenty of people who didnt rate very much watching him in cup who now think he is a very good NRL player.

Latest posts