What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Perhaps (saying without knowing) possible attitude problems ?
We've just had a bunch of our young players raided. A bunch of the jersey flegg guys stepped up to Cup and just weren't consistently up to to it week it week out. They'll be better for the run. 90% of young players just aren't up to Cup standard week in week out at the age of 18/17. Most people need to develop their game, learn lessons, learn maturity, get bigger, etc.

Not everyone can play first grade to a decent level at the age of 18 like Cleary.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
As the days tick on by its becoming more likely that Luai will leave. Curious if he will ask for an early release. I could see him wanting to leave early to start his new path.

I said all along he will go and my tip was Tigers or Dragons. Thinking Manu didn't accept Dragons 1.2mill a year so maybe they'll go for Luai next? I can see Luai leaving asap.

kinghippo

Juniors
As the days tick on by its becoming more likely that Luai will leave. Curious if he will ask for an early release. I could see him wanting to leave early to start his new path.

I said all along he will go and my tip was Tigers or Dragons. Thinking Manu didn't accept Dragons 1.2mill a year so maybe they'll go for Luai next? I can see Luai leaving asap.
I can’t think of any reason why we would let luai go early.
I’m confident we will find the right replacement if he leaves but we do nothing but strengthen another team by releasing him.

Whino

Bench

Luai won't leave early with a chance of a another title next year.
Precedent has been set in the past. We don't do early releases. Daine Laurie was the outliner. And he wasn't an important squad member back then.
An early won't happen.

Whino

Bench
Here is a little on the Tom Eisenhuth rumour.

Premiers Penrith and the Dragons have both shown interest in veteran former Storm veteran Tom Eisenhuth.

The 31-year-old - who played 18 games for Melbourne this year - has held talks with both clubs with his manager Chris Haddad.

Panthers boss Matt Cameron has declared the Panthers top 30 roster is full but Eisenhuth is still hopeful of a second tier deal.
"I spoke to Penrith's recruitment man Jamie Jones and he said they may have something," Haddad told Wide World of Sports.

"If not then we are looking at the Dragons."

Eisenhuth has had a somewhat bizarre career - he made his top grade debut at the Panthers in 2012, playing just one game.

He then moved to Melbourne and had to wait over 2300 days for his next game in the NRL, but he has
proved a handy back-up for the Storm in recent seasons.

Blade23

Juniors
Ha! Blades ex- Panther that debuted for us and is a forward.
You sly dog Blade ;)

The cat is out of the bag.

Here is a little on the Tom Eisenhuth rumour.

Premiers Penrith and the Dragons have both shown interest in veteran former Storm veteran Tom Eisenhuth.

The 31-year-old - who played 18 games for Melbourne this year - has held talks with both clubs with his manager Chris Haddad.

Panthers boss Matt Cameron has declared the Panthers top 30 roster is full but Eisenhuth is still hopeful of a second tier deal.
"I spoke to Penrith's recruitment man Jamie Jones and he said they may have something," Haddad told Wide World of Sports.

"If not then we are looking at the Dragons."

Eisenhuth has had a somewhat bizarre career - he made his top grade debut at the Panthers in 2012, playing just one game.

He then moved to Melbourne and had to wait over 2300 days for his next game in the NRL, but he has
proved a handy back-up for the Storm in recent seasons.

Blade23

Juniors

No early release, IF he signs elsewhere.