What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
What a stupid argument. Don’t sign anyone from another club because we haven’t been able to re-sign other players who may play a totally different position and may have a different value.

Let’s just keep the same squad forever and not look to evolve. Just wait for Johnny from
Harold Matts to come through cos he’s a junior. And send back Sorensen he is shit cos we signed him on the open market.
Not Schuster, and basically anyone who's got a flog for a manager, fancy 800k for that slob

Original Name

Juniors
No to Lomax or Schuster at any price. Yes to other players who fit the mould/culture/attitude etc. of players that have helped us to achieve the current success we are experiencing.
Watching Lomax play it's pretty unreasonable to say he has a bad attitude to me. Rips in as hard as anyone playing he position he doesn't prefer. Isn't that an example of professionalism putting his own issues aside and not let it effect his performance? I have my doubts it's just the wing thing. To give up an 800K contract he must have other issues at the club he doesn't like. No one would just up such big money just to not play wing.

Sloan even once said his improvement was due to hanging around Lomax and his group who were the most professional trainers in the team instead of hanging around whoever he liked to hang out with best.

Last edited:

Goonji

Juniors
Watching Lomax play it's pretty unreasonable to say he has a bad attitude to me. Rips in as hard as anyone playing he position he doesn't prefer. Isn't that an example of professionalism putting his own issues aside and not let it effect his performance? I have my doubts it's just the wing thing. To give up an 800K contract he must have other issues at the club he doesn't like. No one would just up such big money just to not play wing.

Sloan even once said his improvement was due to hanging around Lomax and group who were the most professional trainers in the team instead of hanging around whoever he liked to hang out with best.
Fair point. I just don’t have any respect for players who publicly want get out of their contracts with their current club, who are paying their wages while fans turn out to watch them play each week. How much of what is reported in the media is Lomax driven or media driven is unclear, but it doesn’t sit welll me me.

Iamback

Coach
Schusters played good footy, just not consistently. I know he's not worth the money Manly signed him for but let's not swing the hyperbole the other way.

And if we got the footy equivalent of Michael Bevan for 200k it would be unbelievable business.

For me. Him through his manager reminded Manly he was signed to play 6 so they punted Foran.

Let's ignore that bs of demanding to play a position.

Where do you play him?

I haven't seen him be able to run good lines to be a backrower.

Not sure he has the consistency over 80mins to be a 6.

Fair point. I just don’t have any respect for players who publicly want get out of their contracts with their current club, who are paying their wages while fans turn out to watch them play each week. How much of what is reported in the media is Lomax driven or media driven is unclear, but it doesn’t sit welll me me.
A little irony to the Dragqueens saga is Hunt wanted out by any means and then Lomax gets the nod to break contract and shop around.
Next minute, Hunt wants to extend.

Who wants to read between the lines...

Iamback

Coach
Schuster would be a huge buy for the club. Ivan could keep him on a leash and every time a player picks up a donut or kfc he let's Schuster off "go get em boy". His value would be immense.

As I said earlier what role would you play him in?

I'd be keen to for him take Peachey's spot and wage but without a defined role.

Someone else is better in that spot

WestyLife

First Grade
As I said earlier what role would you play him in?

I'd be keen to for him take Peachey's spot and wage but without a defined role.

Someone else is better in that spot

Jokes aside I'm not sure he has a role here. Between Laurie and Alomoti you have the attributes you want for a reasonable price. Schuster isn't good enough at anything in particular to demand a spot even the 14 in my opinion. As mentioned by others he doesn't run hard as a forward so his size is pointless and doesn't open his passing game.

we already have the great lord of football who will run through a brick wall, pass and kick like prime Andrew Johns and never miss a tackle. Praise upon his name. We are not worthy.

Iamback

Coach
Jokes aside I'm not sure he has a role here. Between Laurie and Alomoti you have the attributes you want for a reasonable price. Schuster isn't good enough at anything in particular to demand a spot even the 14 in my opinion. As mentioned by others he doesn't run hard as a forward so his size is pointless and doesn't open his passing game.

we already have the great lord of football who will run through a brick wall, pass and kick like prime Andrew Johns and never miss a tackle. Praise upon his name. We are not worthy.

That is how I see it.

He showed promise at 6 but you need a full season in NSW Cup to make the decision.

Edge he lacks the basics.

Needs his deal torn up and head to ESL for a couple of seasons then come back

mxlegend99

Referee
Schuster is deadset the most overrated player in recent memory. He has a fraction of the skill Cartwright had and has shown a fraction of what Carty showed before joining Titans.

Schuster is potentially better than any utility we have had in recent years. But that’s all he would be for us. A more talented Salmon. unless he was willing to join for fringe first grade utility money. He wouldn’t be worth talking about. Even then, does he have the work ethic we would expect? Worth a shot if he agreed to the contract and wanted to prove himself with us. But i honestly expect him to look for the biggest offer he can get and trying to get easy money wherever he goes.

Girds89

Bench
Schuster is deadset the most overrated player in recent memory. He has a fraction of the skill Cartwright had and has shown a fraction of what Carty showed before joining Titans.

Schuster is potentially better than any utility we have had in recent years. But that’s all he would be for us. A more talented Salmon. unless he was willing to join for fringe first grade utility money. He wouldn’t be worth talking about. Even then, does he have the work ethic we would expect? Worth a shot if he agreed to the contract and wanted to prove himself with us. But i honestly expect him to look for the biggest offer he can get and trying to get easy money wherever he goes.

Carty couldve been anything if not for the horrific leg break.

That really derailed his career. He did well just to get back tbh. I remember at the time there was talk it may be over for him.

So for all the shit he copped hes done great to get back and be playing good footy.

Hes going to be a 200+ game nrl player easy. Keep up this form and he will he 250.. great achievement.

Schuster has a lot of issues. He needs work.

I dont particularly think hes a quick fix. I think hed need 12-18 months under ivan to really blossom.

Hes definitely overated but cant deny he has a great skill set. Hes not kiks. Hes quite different.

He won't sign with us thats for sure. Even for the last half of the season. I never thought he would.

I think he is capable of very good footy tho.. under bellamy or wayne, cleary robbo etc. He could be very good.

Has the size, good speed for a big bloke and great lateral movement for someone his size. Am offload and ball playing and short kicking.

Just needs a coach to get him fit and hardem him up.

I actually think the opposite to you. I think he will sign for unders somewhere and try prove himself and turn his career round. There won't be intersest by clubs at 800k... but if hes willing to sign on somewhere for 300 with bonuses if he plays more/all fg games.. be worth a risk for some clubs

Kilkenny

Coach
I wouldn’t even consider Josh Schuster.

Regardless of unfortunate circumstances that have come his way in recent times, if you can’t get yourself focussed, fit and healthy with an $800k three year deal on the horizon then I sincerely doubt he has the mental attributes to add any sort of value to our roster.

MugaB

Coach
They moving Ponga again?
Doubt that, turuva would play wing there, currently they have the young penriff winger and another reserve grader whilst the is an injury to that beast they have... knights couldn't offer a permanent FB spot, Dragons would pay and get turuva to play fullback for sure, Sloan's not a fullbacks arsehole he is a great young talented fast kid, that can play wing, turuva is destined to be better and bigger in at fullback, we cannot keep him unless Dylan is moving to centres or retired, I would never move Dylan anyways

Wolfgang90

Juniors
How's turuva as a fullback? Is he defensively strong & good under the high ball?

I'd be keen on him to play wing but i'm unsure for fullback, especially in the dragons team. I'm not sure if it would be a big enough improvement on Sloan, probably more consistent with a higher floor but less of a ceiling?

Also we're stupid to let Lomax leave, he's our best trainer & hardest competitor. Crap teams need to build around those types of players, not let them leave lol.

Black Panther

Juniors
How's turuva as a fullback? Is he defensively strong & good under the high ball?

I'd be keen on him to play wing but i'm unsure for fullback, especially in the dragons team. I'm not sure if it would be a big enough improvement on Sloan, probably more consistent with a higher floor but less of a ceiling?

Also we're stupid to let Lomax leave, he's our best trainer & hardest competitor. Crap teams need to build around those types of players, not let them leave lol.
Turuva was a gun at Fullback in the lower grades. He also got Fullback of the tournament at the World Cup playing for Fiji. Outstanding player, but probably will need to leave Penrith for the chance to play Fullback unless an injury occurs.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

He is a fullback

MugaB

Coach

Sloan won’t be happy watch him want a release next
Looks like is was once again .....right

Latest posts