What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Bunty Afoa needs to be considered seriously, that guys got too many backfence runs, imagine the weapon he could be if Ivan waa coaching him
Back fence runs hundreds of times is a lot of wear and tear on the body. I don't know how much longer he still has in him at a good level.

hindy111

Post Whore
Williem Grieg from parra, looks like he could do a job at cut price, bit if we need experience, bunty is the only one is see with viggor, he has that Martin Lang straight running approach

Parra would be happy for you to have him. He would cost 150k tops.
Come now. He is Big,fat, slow and unfit

hindy111

Post Whore
Geez wonder why... pawwa

I just don't think these types of forwards are effective anymore. You want JFH types. Not huge but fast and mobile and fit. Good leg speed. Grieg defense is horrid. He just isn't an NRL player.
Doorey might be someone you could work with. Again defense horrid but more technique. Runs hard and hits holes. If your system could.fix his defense he would be handy.

RCG will be a Dragon btw

MugaB

Coach
I just don't think these types of forwards are effective anymore. You want JFH types. Not huge but fast and mobile and fit. Good leg speed. Grieg defense is horrid. He just isn't an NRL player.
Doorey might be someone you could work with. Again defense horrid but more technique. Runs hard and hits holes. If your system could.fix his defense he would be handy.

RCG will be a Dragon btw
Good thing we don't rate you opinions here...
Good luck getting that spoooooonnn
Choke Gutho choke

MugaB

Coach
Must be related to Fasu Afoa who played a few games for us in the 1990s. Also a front rower from memory.

Not sure if they are related, seems to be a popular last name

Sime_11

Juniors
what kind of prop would we look to recruit? do we want toilers who can do big minutes as we have that with Smith & Henry

or are we going after a high impact low minutes off the bench type prop

Iamback

Coach
what kind of prop would we look to recruit? do we want toilers who can do big minutes as we have that with Smith & Henry

or are we going after a high impact low minutes off the bench type prop

bench props. High impact we have toilers/plodders in Smith and Henry.
Even Kenny goes to the middle and plays 80.

We lack impact guys even Mav so far is in that toiler category

Original Name

Juniors
Ok, so? Are we looking for him to stay with us for a decade, or just until we can secure a long term prop
The point is a sharp drop off could be next year and he doesn't take every run off the back fence til he has nothing and goes off. He takes like 3 a games then plays just like a normal prop that looks a bit tired and lacks impact from then on if anything. He's never played like Leniu as far as I remember.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah I think while impact is what we want it would be pointless to go and try and get a Leniu or NAS type because they’ll be either super expensive or a poor imitation. I reckon what we could use is a prop in the mould of Scott Sorenson two years ago. Smaller, mobile and really able to lift the speed of play to push opposition defences into their red zone. Mitch Kenny basically.

You have him and either Garner or Tago on the bench and you have both hooker and the backs covered also which gives you some options for the 14. Obviously requires a replacement hooker which is easier said than done. Can we rebuild Brailey or does Sommo have starter pedigree?