What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
The second row is the east
I'd be fine with it on the basis that culture sets standards and the standard at the Broncos is absolutely trash. He's a very talented forward, put him in our system and he'd be an absolute weapon.

Broncos are a dumpster fire and have been for several years.
He does lazy shit off the ball more than any other forward at the Broncos. When someone needs to jammed so they can't go to the line he's two metres behind pressuring the ball player and just lets guys to go the line. He's not just following low standards. He's the one leading low efforts. If he does that at Penrith people on social media will blame the centre, Staines or whoever's on the edge when it's his job to do this things.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep, I’d say the same to them. I’ve not actually seen it though.
There's a thread in the main section here with plenty of posts about it, and if you go on almost any social media page mentioning Nathan there are thousands of comments ridiculing him for his chin and acne.

Try to teach kids not to be bullies or make fun of the way people look, yet all everyone ever does to guys like Nathan is focus on the way he looks. A one of joke here or there could be funny in passing, but it's way over the top in all honesty.

Nealo 12

Bench
There's a thread in the main section here with plenty of posts about it, and if you go on almost any social media page mentioning Nathan there are thousands of comments ridiculing him for his chin and acne.

Try to teach kids not to be bullies or make fun of the way people look, yet all everyone ever does to guys like Nathan is focus on the way he looks. A one of joke here or there could be funny in passing, but it's way over the top in all honesty.
Princess Silverdale gets off on Cleary’s looks etc , besides being the biggest attention seeker this forum will ever see he is also a hypocritical merkin of the highest order. Thanks

DinkyDi

Juniors
Princess Silverdale gets off on Cleary’s looks etc , besides being the biggest attention seeker this forum will ever see he is also a hypocritical merkin of the highest order. Thanks
I actually saw that screenshot. It was plain nasty.

Kilkenny

Coach
There is a lot of silly stuff gets written and said on social media, it is just the era we live in I guess. I was brought up in an era where I was told, “sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can’t hurt me” no longer applies in our world today.

Suggestions Kurt Capewell has committed to the Broncos are probably true even if he hasn’t actually signed on the dotted line. It was well documented he had a desire to return home to end his career so not surprising really especially if he is getting a three year deal which has been reported. My only surprise is how the Broncos are managing it, given there salary cap woes and the need to get a number of players off there books.

Original Name

Juniors
There is a lot of silly stuff gets written and said on social media, it is just the era we live in I guess. I was brought up in an era where I was told, “sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can’t hurt me” no longer applies in our world today.
People just like to hang shit on the best players. If it wasn't this about Cleary people would just say something else. Just tall poppy syndrome from bitter people. But if Tigers fans let go of their bitterness some of them wouldn't have anything left.

People just like to hang shit on the best players. If it wasn't this about Cleary people would just say something else. Just tall poppy syndrome from bitter people. But if Tigers fans let go of their bitterness some of them wouldn't have anything left.
It is terrible when people right things like this about young men (and women) online, but is very easy to do. I have found myself drafting responses on this forum about certain members of the media that I passionately disagree with; while it is nothing about their appearance, it does border on the personal.

I think we all have a role to play in stopping the trolling, and I would encourage anyone on this forum to call me out if anything I say borders on the personal.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is terrible when people right things like this about young men (and women) online, but is very easy to do. I have found myself drafting responses on this forum about certain members of the media that I passionately disagree with; while it is nothing about their appearance, it does border on the personal.

I think we all have a role to play in stopping the trolling, and I would encourage anyone on this forum to call me out if anything I say borders on the personal.
It’s just the world we live in now. It’s shits me, the whole scaremongering from our media outlets, around Covid is pathetic. You look at the headlines day in day out, you’d think we were experiencing thousands of cases and our mortuaries being filled to breaking point.

The whole social media thing, which allows faceless bullies to spew there bullshit and rubbish.

Can’t help feel the world was a far better place, when our younger generation had to amuse themselves by kicking a ball around the front or back yard, ride there bicycle to amuse themselves, play monopoly.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
Fair enough. JFH probably deserving of $800k a season, so if we are talking about a little more than that I can cop it.

I worry a little about the Stephen Crichton extension, the hand shake deal on around $500k was the maximum we should have run with but he called our bluff and took us for an extra $100 - $150 a season depending on who you believe. There is a little Waqa Blake about Stephen Crichton but I hope he proves me wrong.
When you consider Arrow is on 800k at the bunnies give me JFH any day of the week

When you consider Arrow is on 800k at the bunnies give me JFH any day of the week
I am not sure that should be our benchmark, but happy for JFH to be signed long term.

on an aside, does anyone else feel like they are watching a repeat of the Bennett-leaving-a-team-in-trouble movie? Some unbalanced contracts, losing Reynolds etc. Very much win it this year or the rookie coach next year is going to have a tough time on his hands.

maple_69

Bench
Teams are definitely signing Bennett knowing full well that it’s an all in move now. We have the luxury of having a conveyor belt of elite talent feeding into the team and, at this point, an incredibly young, elite and experienced core. For most teams, when you’re close, grabbing Bennett and going all in for the win makes sense. You can’t always worry about two years time.