What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
He's great fun the watch play for someone else
It's a shame he never got the chance to nail down a position. Hook has a bit to answer for there along with doing the same to Cartwright. I still have a soft spot for Peachey, but like you I like watching him play elsewhere. Titans are a good fit, it's easy to enjoy the moments of brilliance without having a care in the world for the dumb shit.

soc123_au

Staff member
Please NO. I appreciate he hasn't done anything major but I have always believed you need something between the ears to be a decent footballer and I don't see him having anything in there. Redemption stories are few and far between.
We dont need him as a halfback or a leadership role, not a lot of brains required. He looked like a talent when he first hit the NRL. I can only assume being one of the more talented players in a dogshit team made him get ahead of himself and be a bit of a dick. I'd say getting the arse would have given him a reality check and maybe a reset on where he wants to be career wise. Not likely to happen in any case.

Kilkenny

Coach
One of the most overrated players in rugby league. His overall impact on games is very rarely positive
I don’t agree with your assessment overall, but his best form overall was with us. He won’t be coming back to us, not a chance, but he is a good to very good player on his day.

soc123_au

Staff member
He is better than Tyrone May, in my view.
Peach is more likely to get you some points, but more likely to cost you a few as well. May is a safer option with still a bit of upside in attack as a utility. At the same money I'd still go with Peachy though.

Kilkenny

Coach
The club won't pay overs. They are seeking a fair price.
My thoughts are he will find it hard to leave, but you never know once the offers start rolling in.
You could argue we perhaps have paid overs for a few of our most recent resignings.

I agree we shouldn’t pay overs but if you are talking about a 100k then we should surely stretch that far.

i think we need to build around him, not without him, the current alternatives just don’t offer what he can.