What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Plodders make the world go round.

Actually I believe that phrase to be so vey true. Without these almost no name players, (who oft do the grunt work) where would Penrith be.

Problem with Peach, is he willing to get down and get dirty, work as a team member ? His natural ability is wonderful, but in saying that it MUST be coupled with hard work. Something I don't think Peach has done since he left Penrith.

The ball is firmly in Peach's court. He can grab it with both hands, or he can sit back in cup or even Ron Massey and so what he's done for the last 4 years.

It's up to him.

One good thing in his favour. He's apparently taken a pay cut to come back.

Fulfill your Godgiven talent Tyrone......make it count.

Fangs

Coach
Always had a soft spot for the Peach. He will have to work hard to find a way into the 17 but I'd prefer him over Salmon on the bench.

If he gets his fitness and attitude right he will be very useful.

Actually I believe that phrase to be so vey true. Without these almost no name players, (who oft do the grunt work) where would Penrith be.

Problem with Peach, is he willing to get down and get dirty, work as a team member ? His natural ability is wonderful, but in saying that it MUST be coupled with hard work. Something I don't think Peach has done since he left Penrith.

The ball is firmly in Peach's court. He can grab it with both hands, or he can sit back in cup or even Ron Massey and so what he's done for the last 4 years.

It's up to him.

One good thing in his favour. He's apparently taken a pay cut to come back.

Fulfill your Godgiven talent Tyrone......make it count.
Tried to send you a message

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Always had a soft spot for the Peach. He will have to work hard to find a way into the 17 but I'd prefer him over Salmon on the bench.

If he gets his fitness and attitude right he will be very useful.

I tend to agree. He MUST do something about his defence. Just flinging out his arms without putting his shoulder in it, is just lazy.

If those bad habits can be put to bed, He has the potential of being a better version of Tyrone Peachy......(especially off the field). Can play all spots in the back line, even front row at a huge pinch.

Peach though must be prepared to work hard and put in.

Good luck to Charlie. Never once didn’t try his best and changed his natural game to be fit the team. Hope he kills it over at the Wets Tigers (who seem to be building nicely, probably for 2024 and beyond).

Welcome back Peach. All the talent in the world; ball is in his court about how much he want to be involved in this side. If he commits, he could be an awesome addition to the squad.

I’m coming around to the player swap so long as the numbers stacked up, which I’m assuming they did for us to agree to it. I’m not confident Peachey will be anything other than a NSW cup player at this stage in his career but if it meant keeping an off contract guy we might have otherwise lost, then it was worth it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m coming around to the player swap so long as the numbers stacked up, which I’m assuming they did for us to agree to it. I’m not confident Peachey will be anything other than a NSW cup player at this stage in his career but if it meant keeping an off contract guy we might have otherwise lost, then it was worth it.

I agree. I believe before anything it was a salary cap exercise (as in reduction).

In the fairy story sense it would be great if Peach came back and hit his straps again.

Peach though is 4 years older. Has 4 more years of bad habbits and ill discipline in his game.

For Peach 23 is gunna be a fascinating ride.

Will be interesting to see if Salmon is kept. Even on a year deal.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not that a I rate Salmon but he covers more positions than Peach who's "utility" value has always been overrated

Does Salmon have the 'raw talent' of Peachy.....when he's actually fit and putting in. Which is pobably pretty hard to judge since he's basically done nothing since he left Penrith ?

Personally I'd like to see Salmon stay. His defence especially late in the game, I thought was under-rated.

Murraymob1

Juniors
I
Does Salmon have the 'raw talent' of Peachy.....when he's actually fit and putting in. Which is pobably pretty hard to judge since he's basically done nothing since he left Penrith ?

Personally I'd like to see Salmon stay. His defence especially late in the game, I thought was under-rated.
think you answered your question in your 4th line it says it all

Smug Panther

First Grade

Peach is lazy and doesn't fit tight repetitive systems like us. Can't see it working

The wildcard for me is that he accepted a salary reduction to come here. Earning less money and potentially being without a contract beyond 2023 will be a big motivator to play well.

globalpanther

Juniors
PANTHERS

Roster spots left: 5

Roster insights: Two of the available spots will be taken up by Bronco Zac Hosking and veteran prop Matt Eisenhuth who has recommitted for a further 12 months but that deal is yet to be announced. The Panthers are waiting on premiership winner Jaeman Salmon to let the club know if he will accept a new deal or take up a rival offer from Canterbury.

PANTHERS

Roster spots left: 5

Roster insights: Two of the available spots will be taken up by Bronco Zac Hosking and veteran prop Matt Eisenhuth who has recommitted for a further 12 months but that deal is yet to be announced. The Panthers are waiting on premiership winner Jaeman Salmon to let the club know if he will accept a new deal or take up a rival offer from Canterbury.

Hidden behind a pay wall, what's the length of Salmons contact?

Latest posts