What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

unKwn

Juniors
How quick to change some people here are. If Critta pulls off another clutch miracle play for us this year I don’t want to hear the people bagging him out now singing his praises. He could take a shit on my doorstep for all I care, I’ll always appreciate the great memories he gave us especially in the 21 gf. All the best Critta nothing wrong with chasing a bag

How quick to change some people here are. If Critta pulls off another clutch miracle play for us this year I don’t want to hear the people bagging him out now singing his praises. He could take a shit on my doorstep for all I care, I’ll always appreciate the great memories he gave us especially in the 21 gf. All the best Critta nothing wrong with chasing a bag
It's the way he did it.

Blade23

Juniors
Expect a bit of media push back the next few weeks, as both sides tell their stories. The club have already done so with a trusted reporter. Once he signs his camp will do so with theirs. Most likley DT.
Gould will pontificate and will leak to either Weidler or Webster. It will all be spin and bullshit. He has masters and an ego to please too.
CC was in his ear before Nov 1. I will leave it at that.
The offer from the Dogs is not as high as some have reported. More than us, but not the offer that was initially hoped for.
As@Hooked said they played their hand poorly. They limited their options, and didn't expect us to stand firm.

The whole thing will blow over, and from what I know about him and his family. He will get on with business.
He is not the kind to kick stones.

Last edited:
Expect a bit of media push back the next few weeks, as both sides tell their stories. The club have already done so with a trusted reporter. Once he signs his camp will do so with theirs. Most likley DT.
Gould will pontificate and will leak to either Weidler or Webster. It will all be spin and bullshit. He has masters and an ego to please too.
CC was in his ear before Nov 1. I will leave it at that. The offer from the Dogs is not as high as some have reported. More than us, but not the offer that was initially hoped for. As @Hooked said they played their hand poorly. They limited their options, and didn't expect us to stand firm.

The whole thing will blow over, and from what I know about him and his family. He will get on with business.
They played a game,.and it bit them hard

globalpanther

Juniors
Because you called a player that will likely go down as an all time member of our greatest squad a grub? Because he's moving on ? You're a pelican..
So what he does on the field by passes everything he does off it? I don’t care he’s leaving I care about the way he’s gone about it and the post above from Blade says a lot about his character along with the way he handled last contract negotiations now beat it fruit cake

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
CC was in his ear before Nov 1. I will leave it at that. The offer from the Dogs is not as high as some have reported. More than us, but not the offer that was initially hoped for. As @Hooked said they played their hand poorly. They limited their options, and didn't expect us to stand firm.

It appears Blade as many have already said. Going by the carryon last time he was up for re-signing, I wasn't surprised. I think he wrung every last cent out of the club during those negotiations. Obviously this time the club was a lot wiser.

Often when someone needs to get out there that 'i'm not going to poach' or something like that. It oft means that's exactly what he is doing.

What is happening with Martin, has he already re-signed for 12months, because I don't recall it being announced.....(or maybe it's a senior moment). Also with Spencer.

It appears Blade as many have already said. Going by the carryon last time he was up for re-signing, I wasn't surprised. I think he wrung every last cent out of the club during those negotiations. Obviously this time the club was a lot wiser.

Often when someone needs to get out there that 'i'm not going to poach' or something like that. It oft means that's exactly what he is doing.

What is happening with Martin, has he already re-signed for 12months, because I don't recall it being announced.....(or maybe it's a senior moment). Also with Spencer.

Blade23

Juniors

Martin is done, they just didn't announce it. Apart from press outlets.
I stand by what I said in November. A very good chance a longer deal will be done before mid year or sooner.

Still on-going with Spencer. Hope to find out more late this week or next. Lots of interest unfortunately.

The Realist

Juniors
I am always very weary of a Star player having siblings at the club.

We had a problem with Frank Pritchard not being happy that his younger brother (Andrew?) wasn't being promoted 'enough' by the club despite the fact that he was at the time the Jersey Flegg Captain who honestly looked lost in the role. It was obvious to me he was only Captain due to his older sibling.

It is a shame we have lost Critta but paying $750K or more for a centre who isn't an out and out game breaker is pretty crazy. I am honestly disappointed in the fact that the culture/brotherhood didn't allow us to keep Critta at a slight discount.

It has always theorized here, with good reason, that players are happy to take a 10-20% discount on their open market value to stay at a club they love, with close friends or a highly successful club. We now have all 3 in a favour and it seems to have not done us any good.

That leads me to believe he either felt disrespected in some way or there is some other issue. I think it might be a personality thing in that he always seemed to be the 3rd wheel in the Brian To'o/Jerome Luai bromance. Sure he would never say it and loves his battle brothers but being more of an introvert he didn't quite fit in the same and is maybe getting a fresh start to prove himself without the rest of the squad.

Of course it's all speculation - I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mixture of many factors - including moving simply to play in the Fullback Glory role and having great rapport with Ciraldo. I just hope he doesn't end up going down the DWZ path.

It's disappointing but at the end of the day, his loss wouldn't weaken us as much as it would most other clubs.

Latest posts