What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If you honestly think Kenny at 9 is going to keep us a premiership threat than you have absolutely no clue when it comes to NRL. Kenny wouldn't get a start in any club let alone the number 1 team in the comp..
He is a solid back up hooker that can play maybe 5 or so games a year to help steady and keep us competitive but we all know the 1 , 6, 7 and 9 are the most important positions to win you the big games. E.g look at Storm, Roosters and Rabbits spines.
He would start for the dogs, the Titans, the Tigers, the Warriors. He’d also probably start for Broncos.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Have been watching all the replays on Fox of our games and Kenny played well as hooker when Api was not there.
His game improved as the season progressed and I am sure the powers that be noticed this hence his resigning.
Not really correct but I'm glad you contributed something

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Definitely wouldn't start at tigers ahead of the two hookers they have there. Egen is also better so wouldn't start at the warriors. Titans and Broncos maybe at best.
Can’t say I agree with that, I’d definitely take Kenny over Egan, Liddle and Simpkins have done nothing with there opportunities.

I think I’d rather him over Crocker as well.

Mitch Kenny doesn’t do much wrong

Smug Panther

First Grade
Can’t say I agree with that, I’d definitely take Kenny over Egan, Liddle and Simpkins have done nothing with there opportunities.

He's a good solid backup who offers very little in attack. For the balance of the side we are far better off with gun half in Nathan and either a good attacking hooker or fullback over having Nathan and Luai

I agree I didn’t think we lost much this year at the times that Mitch replaced Api. He’s got decent service and tackles well. Doesn’t run as much as Api, but Api put that away for long parts of 2022 anyway…

chrisD

Coach
Can't afford to have 4 stars in the spine, if that happens it's because one or more of them were not yet established and broke out. Edwards is good value. Maybe Kenny can improve enough to become good value too. He offers nothing in attack but his distribution is pretty decent and on the strength of that I'd take him over Egan.

Can't afford to have 4 stars in the spine, if that happens it's because one or more of them were not yet established and broke out. Edwards is good value. Maybe Kenny can improve enough to become good value too. He offers nothing in attack but his distribution is pretty decent and on the strength of that I'd take him over Egan.

edwards isn’t a star, so we’ll only have two stars.

But it’s really not about a star, we need a hooker with a semblance of an attacking game.

Fangs

Coach
If it's a spine debate and we go with Kenny then the attention must turn to Luai and Edwards. Something has to give somewhere.

I do rate Luai. But Kikau will be gone soon and he is integral to that edge. More concerns than just the 9.

Latest posts