What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

A TPJ - Lenui swap deal is not as silly as it sounds.

Sure TPJ would involve increased cost so not sure whether we could fit him in but if Spencer is determined to leave it could be worth exploring.

TPJ has a brother at the Dogs in the juniors,at least last season anyway, he was at our ground watching him.
That doesn’t sound too far fetched at all. Certainly worth investigating.

Murraymob1

Juniors
If Spencer was determined to leave he would have signed at the dogs already .There is still hope maybe not much but it’s still there

kinghippo

Juniors
A TPJ - Lenui swap deal is not as silly as it sounds.

Sure TPJ would involve increased cost so not sure whether we could fit him in but if Spencer is determined to leave it could be worth exploring.

TPJ has a brother at the Dogs in the juniors,at least last season anyway, he was at our ground watching him.
The dogs spending spree will come with a huge amount of pressure for immediate results.

TPJ will be on the chopping block if he isn’t anything except perfect to start the season.

If it takes a while for them to click I bet the clean out continues early, I think we will see more than a few mid year player exits from the club.

Thompson, Flanagan and tpj will probably be shopped around.

A move to the Panthers for TPJ on a smaller contract could be great for him, not only will he be winning but he could get back on track for the rep scene and stabilise his career.

Fangs

Coach
I think it is rude and unprofessional for a player to be touring a rival's facilities a month out from the start of the season.

I assume you are in favour of a player transfer window then?

If I was doing a move that big I'd want my mind made up at least a year in advance.

Iamback

Coach

If I was doing a move that big I'd want my mind made up at least a year in advance.

So much can happen in a year though, They might prove us wrong and middles go well.
Then he is going to start but ends up in the same role as we could offer

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Be interesting to see if Ciraldo has a good season. I hope he does, though they need to get off to a good start of the media going to start on them, pressure on him Gus, board and Sponsors. I have them making the bottom of the 8, but that depends on the 1st 8 weeks.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Th
Be interesting to see if Ciraldo has a good season. I hope he does, though they need to get off to a good start of the media going to start on them, pressure on him Gus, board and Sponsors. I have them making the bottom of the 8, but that depends on the 1st 8 weeks.
they will be in 8th to nine spot this year and improve on that the following year

Whino

Bench

I guess it depends on when the transfer window is. I have read about a few options. I don't think any system is perfect. June 30 was laughable many years ago.

I don't like players signing for other clubs more than a year out. That is just me.
On one hand players like Api and Kikau were professional about it and put in. Then there is the ones that don't. Maloney's last year at the Warriors was phoned in. Mahoney at Parra was poor. Brandon Smith was very disrespectful to the Storm after he signed with the Chooks.
Then you have to put up with all rumours of an early release. Not for me.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not really. Things had been moving slowly with him. Only the past few weeks has the pace picked up. As of Friday he was very much still on the fence.
It is obviously a huge decision for the young man.

It is entirely understandable he is unsure what is right for him going forward.

Im sure in his case money is not the major consideration as I would think any financial offer we can make would surely be close or equal to what Gould is offering.

Suggestions Gus has been tapping up Dominic Young could be a positive for us, because the funds are surely drying up with three new signings this past week or so. Whatever they do have left, surely can’t be enough to get both.

hindy111

Post Whore
Th

they will be in 8th to nine spot this year and improve on that the following year

They should play finals in 23. The big questions will be

Mahoney - Is he origin level? 22 form average. His shoulder injury the year prior effected his tackling perhaps?
Burton - Is he a million dollar half. Looks so but seems inconsistent to me.
Kikau - How many high quality years does he have. Sometimes guys fire goes out once won a few titles and got the pay cheque.
TPJ - Can be one of the best forwards in game. Also can be a little mental.

There is huge pressure to play finals. Anything but is a failure for them.

hindy111

Post Whore
I guess it depends on when the transfer window is. I have read about a few options. I don't think any system is perfect. June 30 was laughable many years ago.

I don't like players signing for other clubs more than a year out. That is just me.
On one hand players like Api and Kikau were professional about it and put in. Then there is the ones that don't. Maloney's last year at the Warriors was phoned in. Mahoney at Parra was poor. Brandon Smith was very disrespectful to the Storm after he signed with the Chooks.
Then you have to put up with all rumours of an early release. Not for me.

Mahoney gave 100% Oppostion just kept running big men at him knowing he is small

Latest posts