What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Alfred DeBois

Juniors
The simple factor is we don't need another centre.
Terrel May would be a great addition to our team. He is a weapon. But, we all know the Roo$ter$ aren't going to lose him. JWH is going, and look at what they did yesterday. They started May. The day before he is due to sit down with the Roo$ter$ for a contract chat.
I think both are holding out to push their prices up.

Pomoz

Bench
In that video he said his legacy would be "leaving intergenerational wealth for my family". He talked about money, several times. Wealth is his focus. The Panthers is not the place to stay to maximise wealth.

We might as well pack his bags. The Dogs or Roosters will pay more.

jmcevoy2023

Juniors
In that video he said his legacy would be "leaving intergenerational wealth for my family". He talked about money, several times. Wealth is his focus. The Panthers is not the place to stay to maximise wealth.

I think dogs are front runners ciradio is his father figure to he said once before

Munky

Coach

Four year deal for big money should be his aim.

He's blown out an ACL and I dare say Penrith were waiting to see how he came back to determine his value before putting a deal in front of him.

The most logical thing is to get as much guaranteed cash as possible.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am aware of how many players have left after they said they wanted to stay. I will reserve my judgment and wait to see what happens before jumping to conclusions or posting negative comments about current players. May knows the centre position is his as long as his form holds up. What happens, happens.

Well put. I totally agree.

The Realist

Juniors
Four year deal for big money should be his aim.

He's blown out an ACL and I dare say Penrith were waiting to see how he came back to determine his value before putting a deal in front of him.

The most logical thing is to get as much guaranteed cash as possible.

Why? Imagine if Luai had signed a big 4 year deal after 2020 to depart the club in 2022. Would he have been able to attract big $$ from the Tigers in his next contract being a 1 time instead of 3 time Champion?

Luai is currently mid career. Taylan is still in his early career. Better to skill up and gain a resume at a successful club to maximise his mid-late career value. If he takes Good (but relatively modest) money now and the club he goes to tanks and his form suffers - that can easily be a career ender or at least severely stunt his late career value.

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Why? Imagine if Luai had signed a big 4 year deal after 2020 to depart the club in 2022. Would he have been able to attract big $$ for the Tigers in his next contract being a 1 time instead of 3 time Champion?

Luai is currently mid career. Taylan is still in his early career. Better to skill up and gain a resume at a successful club to maximise his mid-late career value. If he takes Good (but relatively modest) money now and the club he goes to tanks and his form suffers - that can easily be a career ender or at least severely stunt his late career value.

Taylan has already had a full season injury and is an outside back.

Any injury can impact effectiveness. While near two decades ago look at Willie Tonga. From walk up Australia centre to average first grader.

If Taylan can get a long term top of market deal for his position then he should take it.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why? Imagine if Luai had signed a big 4 year deal after 2020 to depart the club in 2022. Would he have been able to attract big $$ for the Tigers in his next contract being a 1 time instead of 3 time Champion?

Or his knee explodes again next game and he never makes any bank

Iamback

Coach

Black money. Is why Tago is clearly the smart one

Latest posts