What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the Roosters were chasing Casey McClean. He’s right up their alley.

betcats

Referee
I think we will be fine with alamoti and the mcleans on deck. Taylan has been excellent but I think he lacks the fast hands and general passing of the really good centres, he might prove me wrong I hope does as he’s got the defence abd running game of any elite centre but so far he’s not shown much ability to find his winger.

Girds89

Bench
We have

Tago
Alamoti
Cole
McLean
McLean

If May goes he goes, It isn't like we don't have options

Casey mclean will be playing fg in 18 months i have no doubt.

He will push blokes out of cup this year.. peachy will go to the bench or 2nd row and hell get a crack.

I hope we keep may tho..

I love tago as a centre but i think they way the contracts are sitting the plan will be for tago to move to 2nd row when soro pulls the pin... and the club are timing this well for when casey mclean should be ready for fg.

2026 im thinking the club has plans for

Dyl
Too
Tiny
Casey mclean
Turuva/ jesse mclean if we dont keep turuva
Cole
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Tago
Marto
Yeo

Girds89

Bench
Id be very disappointed if we lost may..

Surely after all the loses weve had over the last 3-4 years we can afford to keep tiny.

Players lost since the dynasty started

1. Laurie (back now obviously)
2. Staines
3. Momorovski
4. Critta
5. Mansour
6. Burton
7. Sos
8. Tamou
9. Api
10. Spencer
11. Capewell
12. Kiks
13. Hopgood

14. Salmon
15. Cogger
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Tyrone may

18. Naden
19. Tetevano
20. Isaiya katoa

Theres others we lost falls, billy burns etc..but all these guys were fg players when we lost them...

Throw in luai next year!! Its a lot of loses.

I know weve had to substantially upgrade blokes etc but surely theres money there to keep may, turuva and kenny.

hindy111

Post Whore
Taylan has already had a full season injury and is an outside back.

Any injury can impact effectiveness. While near two decades ago look at Willie Tonga. From walk up Australia centre to average first grader.

If Taylan can get a long term top of market deal for his position then he should take it.

Gutherson done his ACL 3 times. He goes ok.

hindy111

Post Whore
Casey mclean will be playing fg in 18 months i have no doubt.

He will push blokes out of cup this year.. peachy will go to the bench or 2nd row and hell get a crack.

I hope we keep may tho..

I love tago as a centre but i think they way the contracts are sitting the plan will be for tago to move to 2nd row when soro pulls the pin... and the club are timing this well for when casey mclean should be ready for fg.

2026 im thinking the club has plans for

Dyl
Too
Tiny
Casey mclean
Turuva/ jesse mclean if we dont keep turuva
Cole
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Tago
Marto
Yeo

I thought Jesse was the gun? Do you guys still rate?

age.s

First Grade
I think we will be fine with alamoti and the mcleans on deck. Taylan has been excellent but I think he lacks the fast hands and general passing of the really good centres, he might prove me wrong I hope does as he’s got the defence abd running game of any elite centre but so far he’s not shown much ability to find his winger.
I'm not sold on his defense yet. He's yet to face a genuinely dangerous edge and even then he's fallen off a few tackles I would have expected a strong defensive centre to make. He's raw so no hate there, but a bit early to say he's strong defensively.

Running game is clearly elite though. No question.

hindy111

Post Whore
His speed is quite amazing.

How are you coping Hindy ?......great game on Friday night, did you get to see it live ?

I like to watch games on the TV at home or maybe the pub.
Loud crowds etc aren't my cup of tea.

Parra showed a lot of heart to stay within 8. High quality game and both sides should play finals. Eels I doubt can go far. Maybe the preliminary at best. Penrith still look rusty. If injury free but they are a chance of the 4 peat.

I still like Manly if they stay fit. I said it a while back and people laughed but I think a few might start to take notice.