What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Dragons want to be compensated for any deals with Lomax..they want good players in return! Now Turuva hasn't signed with us and we've offered him 350k a year, Garner would be on easy 250k and I'm sure we could throw in someone else of mid value for Lomax.

I'm hearing dragons are all but going to get Turuva anyway so why don't we jump on the chance to replace Turuva with Lomax and chuck him into the centres where he wants to play and move May to wing where I think he is a much better player especially running the ball back.
Because Lomax is a little bitch and not Panther quality

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Dragons want to be compensated for any deals with Lomax..they want good players in return! Now Turuva hasn't signed with us and we've offered him 350k a year, Garner would be on easy 250k and I'm sure we could throw in someone else of mid value for Lomax.

I'm hearing dragons are all but going to get Turuva anyway so why don't we jump on the chance to replace Turuva with Lomax and chuck him into the centres where he wants to play and move May to wing where I think he is a much better player especially running the ball back.

No!
If Turuva goes replace him with Alamoti, or eventually one of the McLean's.
We don't need Lomax.

Nutz

Bench
Hey guys, congrats on what appears to be another good season for the Panthers.
Can someone tell me if it's true that Jarome played half and The Chin at ⅝ in pathways at some stage?

plebty of more skilled wingers sure. But the impact and value biz provides is unmatched for mine at least in recent memory. Throw in him being the most likeable character in the game and it’s a wrap
Kinda wild to think back to when Luai was more or less on equal footing with To’o in terms of likeability, back when they were leaning into the whole “Biz and Romey” thing. I’m not sure when exactly the narrative changed for Luai but pretty much every neutral fan I know LOVES To’o.

MugaB

Coach

f**k that!!! Lomax is overrated, he also has a terrible no look flick pass and his goal kicking had lost the dragons most of their close games last season, deadset they probably get close to finals contention with a better goal kicker... we cabt be carrying an 800k winger/centre wannabe we dont pay overs, nor do we shop ourselves to by expensive scraps from rival teams, we'd promote from within, and those clus buy OUR discards (not that they are, just cant afford or pathway blocked)
All in all we dont buy 1st grade backs

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Hey guys, congrats on what appears to be another good season for the Panthers.
Can someone tell me if it's true that Jarome played half and The Chin at ⅝ in pathways at some stage?

Cleary played hooker too at some stage too. Luai was a more rounded player back then though. He never leaves the left side now, Not sure of 2 many 7's that do that.

Iamback

Coach
Why would we drop $800k on Lomax when we wouldn't drop that on far better players to stay?

No coincidence that once May re-signed Alamoti went to the wing

Iamback

Coach
Wonder if the tigpies are regretting signing luia now Galvin has come onto the scene

I did say that would likely happen. Fainu who is playing this week is better than Galvin.

Say Tigers go well this year, They then take steps backwards to get into Luai's system

mxlegend99

Referee
If we are only offering Turuva $350k. Lomax shouldn’t get offered more than that if Turuva were to leave.

Turuva will bust his ass for the team. Lomax hasnt proven he will do that. He’s putting in now because he is playing for a contract. He isn't worth the money he wants… and im not sure he has the personality to fit our team.