What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
You don't like going to the circus?

We are merely standing outside the fence hoping to see a glimpse at the clowns and jugglers. Its free entertainment.
I simply mean circus around who we are going to sign as his replacement? Which will most likely be nobody, not anyone of consequence, but there will be unlimited players mentioned or talked about. It will be a circus, yes.

Fangs

Coach
I simply mean circus around who we are going to sign as his replacement? Which will most likely be nobody, not anyone of consequence, but there will be unlimited players mentioned or talked about. It will be a circus, yes.

Yes and that is great. I love the circus.

maple_69

Bench
If I was going to splash the cash I think the best option on the market would be Finefeuiaki. Young, unsigned and sky is the limit. Type of guy that we might just be able to wrap up at a reasonable cost with the promise of making him a star before he has achieved anything really.

The left field option would be Burton for me. Send Tago to the edge or even more radical, Burton to lock and Yeo to prop. Dogs might be fine with getting out of his contract and he might be happy to come back and win a game or two.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If I was going to splash the cash I think the best option on the market would be Finefeuiaki. Young, unsigned and sky is the limit. Type of guy that we might just be able to wrap up at a reasonable cost with the promise of making him a star before he has achieved anything really.

The left field option would be Burton for me. Send Tago to the edge or even more radical, Burton to lock and Yeo to prop. Dogs might be fine with getting out of his contract and he might be happy to come back and win a game or two.

Burton is 5 years off potentially playing lock

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I was thinking Burton too.

This period right here is going to test how good of a coach Ivan is. If we stay competitive this year and next then it would be great. I stated at the beginning of the season Moral is down, Spencer and Stephen really are big holes to fill and we are running on Skeleton staff so to speak..

For me it doesn't matter who comes in to replace Fish the fact is the Brothers Bond is pretty much being disassembled rapidly and that is why our club has had 4 terrific years.

Iamback

Coach
Questions need to be asked if the club can’t afford Stefano after losing Luai and JFH on top of everyone else we’ve had poached over the past 5 years 🤔

If Turuva goes, I think we replace him from within.

That gives us extra to play with, I see no reason to not use all of Fish's cash on him. The problem is how hard does Gus go?

That is where we may lose out if someone offers overs

Iamback

Coach
I rate Billy Phillips from Flegg but I have been wrong before with juniors. He just has that look about him.

Very similar in build and style I think he will graduate to NRL in a year or two.

Billy Scott is playing out of position at hooker.

He re-signed for 3 years and should be groomed to take over Yeo at some stage

To complete the circle you guys will buy a Sharks forward.
AFB from Warriors to Sharks on the quiet
JFH from Panthers to Warriors on the quiet
_ _ _ from Sharks to Panthers on the quiet

The one who would really fit the pattern would be BHU, Braden Hamlin Uele, but he's just signed on again for a few years.
Oregon Kaufusi, Tommy Hazelton, Jack Williams, Royce Hunt, Jesse Colquhoun. Maybe that young bloke we got from Newy, Bradbury.

If Turuva goes, I think we replace him from within.

That gives us extra to play with, I see no reason to not use all of Fish's cash on him. The problem is how hard does Gus go?

That is where we may lose out if someone offers overs
The fact Stefano went to the trouble of having his manager include a “get out” clause if Tigers miss the top 8 tells me he wouldn’t be willing to sign with another struggler like the Bulldogs.

Iamback

Coach
The fact Stefano went to the trouble of having his manager include a “get out” clause if Tigers miss the top 8 tells me he wouldn’t be willing to sign with another struggler like the Bulldogs.

This is a good point.

Particularly if Origin and other things flow on from being in a good system

age.s

First Grade
Burton back as a centre wouldn't be value imo. Even if his 5/8 stocks have fallen thered still be someone willing to pay him halves money.

Finefuiaki is a decent shout, but that'd leave us very short of experience in the pack. If we could also pick up an older, cheaper middle it might work though.

Blues Riff

Bench
TPJ is a pretty decent shout actually. Shouldn't cost a mint and has the capacity to be extremely dynamic. We've gotten good footy out of him previously, if only for a limited period.
Hes a part of Penrith folklore, but has he ever set foot in the place? Doesn't like Sydney IIRC.

Latest posts