What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
I'll throw another one out there.. Jason Talmalolo. I asked at the start of the year to go after him (cowboys to chip in half his contract) He'd bring size and mobility especially after an off-season with us he'd came back fit fresh and ready for a new beginning.
The poster child for never doing a 10 year deal. Fell off a cliff and hasn't hit a branch to slow the fall yet. I would be looking hard at the rest of their squad that they cant keep because Jason is getting most of their cap.

Kilkenny

Coach
Everyone seems to have not mentioned Jordan Grant in NSW Cup who is a prop and getting good reviews. Short term replacement?
Not sure of his availability, doesn’t kick in until June I think.

He has been more than decent and certainly could do a job if called upon.

Late bloomer, few NRL games with the Storm, so certainly could do a job if injuries become an issue.

Kilkenny

Coach
The poster child for never doing a 10 year deal. Fell off a cliff and hasn't hit a branch to slow the fall yet. I would be looking hard at the rest of their squad that they cant keep because Jason is getting most of their cap.
DCE probably the only 10 year deal recipient to deliver across his entire deal. Still playing great footy at what 35.

10 year deal for a middle forward such as Jason was probably never going to end well.

To complete the circle you guys will buy a Sharks forward.
AFB from Warriors to Sharks on the quiet
JFH from Panthers to Warriors on the quiet
_ _ _ from Sharks to Panthers on the quiet

The one who would really fit the pattern would be BHU, Braden Hamlin Uele, but he's just signed on again for a few years.
Oregon Kaufusi, Tommy Hazelton, Jack Williams, Royce Hunt, Jesse Colquhoun. Maybe that young bloke we got from Newy, Bradbury.
IMG_4155.jpeg

Bred not Bought

Juniors
With all the recent re-signings over the past few months. And ongoing negotiations with Turuva.
Garner's contact is down the pecking order.
His management is just doing his job by trying to drum up interest. Or hurry things up our end.

Whether we retain him. Is probably down to where the club sees the further development of Geyer and Hassett next season.