What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

age.s

First Grade
I wouldn't want Paulo either (and find hindys Parra spam to be kind of boring in general), but there'd be no reason to expect his fitness to stay at Parra levels if he came here. I think every player who's come to this club in the past 5 years has gotten fitter.

Frankus

Juniors

Players off contract at the end of 2025. Available to chat in November. Anyone on this list stand out as “must negotiate with”?
Davvy Moale, Xavier Williston, Josh Curran, Tommy Talau. None break the bank and all are very solid, promising players - rate all of them.
Broncs have been blowing away crap teams. Sure they look more impressive than us against crap teams but that’s not overly surprising given how we each play. I’m more than happy for them to continue to belt teams. We play a game every week that is how we will play the game on grand final day. We have a long way to go this year but I think we have the cattle. I’m interested to see what adjustments Ivan makes as we start to wind up. He’d be very aware we have less impactful players to work with and wouldn’t just be crossing his fingers.
Think later on in the year he tells Moses and Fish to go out and bash the shit out of the opposition and make 10 runs each in the first 25 minutes of each game. They are both still finding their feet after a long season, international campaign and injuries. They will be right when it matters. Then have Yeo/ Sorro/Martin step up and make some tough runs when they are off and have our supporting middles coming off the bench to keep it steady until Fish and Moses get back. Last years GF I think the score was 26-0 when BOTH fish and Moses were on the park at the same time.

So do you guys want anyone if had opportunity or happy with the 17?
What about someone like Damien Cook if he become available?
And getting a 30 plus years old hooker, when we have a premiership winning hooker, from the team running dead last, who is under contact, mid season just because you want to see a 4 peat.

Your hypothetical is just idiocracy.

What makes you think that Penrith need any more players than the top 30 already prepared by arguably the best coaching staff in the NRL.

Leave us alone and worry about your Parra debacle and suggest they do something different to end the drought.

Hairy Hamburger

Juniors
If Turuva is going, I am really hoping the Panther's are taking a good look at DAVID ARMSTRONG up here at the Newcastle Knights. Going extremely well at the moment, and is way too good for NSW Cup. Almost got a First grade jersey to start the year and I would have him starting before our old mate Jenkins any day. Get to it Panthers. This young guy is going to be real good.
Well Turuva GONE. This young guy made a great debut on the weekend in a pressure position of Fullback and handled it very well and also got on the scoresheet. Handles the Wing just as well with good speed.
Confident this guy will be First grade material.
GET TO IT PANTHERS. Sign this guy now. Available for 2025 and beyond. These are the value signings we need with huge upside if coached the Panther's way.

Black Panther

Juniors
Well Turuva GONE. This young guy made a great debut on the weekend in a pressure position of Fullback and handled it very well and also got on the scoresheet. Handles the Wing just as well with good speed.
Confident this guy will be First grade material.
GET TO IT PANTHERS. Sign this guy now. Available for 2025 and beyond. These are the value signings we need with huge upside if coached the Panther's way.
Iongi is better, but biding his time.

Kilkenny

Coach
Can he play other positions?
I assume Ionghi,Alamoti and the McLean brothers are all going to be close to NRL in 2025/2026. Some will stay and I guess some will move on?
I guess given the club weren’t prepared to increase our offer for Sunia Turuva suggests they comfortable with the depth we have in our outside backs and intend to spend what funds we have available on a couple of forwards. The replacement for Luai May also be a factor too I guess and whether the current alternatives within the club are up to it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Normally I'd agree but it also depends on if he is a good fit. He's a little like a Prop version of Latrell. On ability, Latrell would be a no brainer in ANY team. But in a team like ours he'd be a bad fit especially at his market value.

The problem I'd have with Paulo is that he is a lumbering prop - lower minutes and struggles to get back in the line. Our middles are all fit and great defensively.
Junior Pauli has had a great career at club , SOO and for Samoa but certainly at his age he is on the downward spiral so not going to figure in serious discussions by our recruitment team.

There plenty of suggestions as regards potential replacements for JFH personally I’ve got no suggestions as I have no idea who we are likely to be looking at. Probably one or more who haven’t been suggested to date.

Latest posts